PDA

View Full Version : 10 mistakes guys make

Tipys
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Now 90percent of these had my LMFAO. Now how much truth is in it is another story. So What does everyone think?

These Deadly Common Mistakes…

-By David DeAngelo, Author Of Double Your Dating
MISTAKE #1: Being
Too Much Of A Nice Guy

Have you ever noticed that the really attractive women never seem to be attracted to "nice" guys?
Of course you have.
Just like me, I'm sure you've had attractive female friends that always seemed to date "jerks"… but for some reason they were never romantically interested in YOU.
What's going on here?
It's actually very simple…
Women don't base their choices of men on how "nice" a guy is. They choose the men they do because they feel a powerful GUT LEVEL ATTRACTION for them.
And guess what?
Being nice doesn't make a woman FEEL that powerful ATTRACTION.
And being NICE doesn't make a woman CHOOSE you.
I realize that this doesn't make a lot of logical sense, and it's hard to ACCEPT… but GET OVER IT.
Until you accept this FACT and begin to act on it, you'll NEVER have the success with women that you want.
MISTAKE #2: Trying To
"Convince Her To Like You"

What do most guys do when they meet a woman that they REALLY like… but she's just not interested?
Right! They try to "convince" the woman to feel differently.
Well, I have news for you… YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE HOW A WOMAN "FEELS" WHEN IT COMES TO ATTRACTION!
Never, ever, EVER.
You cannot CONVINCE a woman to feel differently about you with "logic and reasoning".
Think about it.
If a woman doesn't "feel it" for you, how in the world do you expect to change that FEELING by being "reasonable" with her?
But we all do it.
When a woman just isn't interested, we beg, plead, chase, and do our best to change her mind.
Bad idea. One that will never work.
MISTAKE #3: Looking To Her
For Approval Or Permission

In our desire to please women (which we mistakenly think will make them like us), us guys are always doing things to get a woman's "approval" or "permission".

Another HORRIBLE idea.
Women are NEVER attracted to the types of men who kiss up to them… EVER.
Don't get me wrong here.
You don't have to treat women BADLY for them to like you.
But if you think that treating a woman well means "always getting her approval and permission for things", think again.
You will never succeed by looking for approval. Women actually get ANNOYED at men who seek their approval.
Doubt me? Just ask any attractive woman if Wussy guys who chase her around and want her approval annoy her…
MISTAKE #4: Trying To Buy Her
Affection With Food And Gifts

How many times have you taken a woman out to a nice dinner, bought her gifts and flowers, and had her REJECT you for someone who didn't treat her even HALF as well as you did?
If you're like me, then you've had it happen a LOT.
Well guess what?
It's only NATURAL when this happens…
That's right, I said NATURAL.
When you do these things, you send a clear message:
"I don't think you'll like me for who I am, so I'm going to try to buy your attention and affection".
Your good intentions usually come across to women as over-compensation for insecurity, and weak attempts at manipulation. That's right, I said that women see this as MANIPULATION.
MISTAKE #5: Sharing
How You Feel Too Early In
The Relationship With Her

Another huge and unfortunate mistake that most men make with women is sharing how they "feel" too early on.
Attractive women are rare.
And they get a LOT of attention from men.
Most men don't realize this, but attractive women are being approached in one way or another ALL THE TIME.
An attractive woman is often approached several times a DAY by men who are interested. This translates into dozens of times per week, and often HUNDREDS of times per month.
And guess what?
Attractive women have usually dated a LOT of men.
That's right. They have EXPERIENCE.
They know what to expect.
And one thing that turns an attractive women off and sends her running away faster than just about anything is a guy who starts saying "You know, I really, REALLY like you" after one or two dates.
This signals to the woman that you're just like all the other guys who fall for her too fast… and can't control themselves.
Don't do it. Lean back. Relax.
There's a much better way…
MISTAKE #6: Not Getting How
Attraction Works For Women

Women are VERY different from men when it comes to ATTRACTION.

You need to accept this fact, and deal with it.
When a man sees a beautiful, young, sexy woman, he INSTANTLY feels a sexual attraction.
But does the same apply for women?
Do women feel sexual attraction to men based mostly on looks? Or is something else going on?
Well, after studying this topic for over five full years now, I can tell you that women usually have their "attraction mechanisms" triggered by things OTHER than looks.
Have you ever noticed that you see a lot more average and unattractive men with beautiful women than the other way around?
Think about it.
Women are more attracted to certain qualities in men… and they're attracted to the way a man makes them FEEL than they are to looks alone.
If you know how to use your body language and communication correctly, you can make women feel the same kind of powerful sexual attraction to you that YOU feel when you see a hot, sexy young woman.
But it's not an accident. You have to LEARN how to do this.
And ANY guy can learn how…
MISTAKE #7: Thinking That It
Takes Money And Looks

One of the most common mistakes that guys make is giving up before they've even gotten started… because they think that attractive women are only interested in men who have looks and money… or guys who are a certain height… or guys who are a certain age.

And sure, there are some women who are only interested in these things.
But MOST women are far more interested in a man's personality than his wallet or his looks.
There are personality traits that attract women like a magnet…
And if you learn what they are and how to use them, YOU can be one of these guys.
YOU DO NOT have to "settle" for a woman just because you aren't rich, tall, or handsome.
Let me say this again: If you know how to use your body language and communication correctly,you can make women feel the same kind of powerful sexual attraction to you that YOU feel when you see a hot, sexy young woman.
MISTAKE #8: Giving Away
All Of Your Power To Women

Earlier I mentioned that it's a mistake to look to a woman for approval or permission.

Well, another similar tactic that a lot of guys use is GIVING AWAY THEIR POWER to women.
Said differently, guys try to get women to like them by doing whatever the woman wants.
Another bad idea…
Women are NEVER attracted to men that they can walk all over… Women aren't attracted to Wussies!
MISTAKE #9: Not Knowing EXACTLY What To Do In Each Type Of Situation With Women

Now I'm going to blow your mind…

A woman ALWAYS knows what you're thinking.
Women are approximately TEN TIMES better than men at reading body language. That's ten TIMES.
I know, it might be hard to believe. But for example, if you're out on a date with a woman, and you want to kiss her, she knows it.
And if you don't know exactly what to do and exactly HOW to kiss her, and you just sit there looking at her and getting nervous, she won't help!
And this goes for ALL aspects of women and dating…
Approaching a woman, getting her number, asking her out, kissing her, getting physical… everything.
If you don't know what to do in each situation, you will probably screw it up… and LOSE EVERYTHING.
And you KNOW it.
It is VITALLY important that you know EXACTLY how to go from one step to the next with a woman… from the first meeting, all the way to the bedroom.
MISTAKE #10: Not Getting HELP

This is the biggest mistake of all.
This is the mistake that keeps most men from EVER having the kind of success with women that they truly want.
I know, guys don't like to make themselves look weak or helpless. We don't like to ask for help.
Hey, I've been there myself.
Let me tell you a little about me and how I figured out how to be successful with women…
About five years ago I became fed up with the fact that I didn't know how to approach, meet, and get dates with women that I was attracted to.
It frustrated the hell out of me.
One night I was out with a friend, and I saw a woman I wanted to ask out, but I just couldn't get up the nerve to do it. I can still remember that night… right on the spot I made the decision to do whatever it took to learn how to be successful with women and dating.
Well, after a lot of hard work and trying all kinds of crazy things, I finally figured it all out.
I can now approach just about any woman and get her number almost instantly. I've dated models, I've dated actresses, and I've dated nice, normal, regular girls as well.
It has been a very rewarding experience. I no longer feel that sick, insecure feeling… like I don't know how to meet women… and I might wind up alone.
I know that anytime, anywhere, I can go out and meet attractive women.
I've written a book on the topic, and I've done seminars on both coasts of the United States… and taught tens of thousands of men all around the world.

Pandora-11
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Old school opinion?
All of these are correct except #8(not the wuss part though) and #10. (you got it or you don't)

...especially #1(it's chemical) and #9.(we always know what you're thinking)

mtnairlover
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM

Too Much Of A Nice Girl

Have you ever noticed that the really attractive men never seem to be attracted to "nice" girls?
Of course you have.
Just like me, I'm sure you've had attractive male friends that always seemed to date "bitches"… but for some reason they were never romantically interested in YOU.
What's going on here?
It's actually very simple…
Men don't base their choices of women on how "nice" a girl is. They choose the women they do because they feel a powerful GUT LEVEL ATTRACTION for them.
And guess what?
Being nice doesn't make a man FEEL that powerful ATTRACTION.
And being NICE doesn't make a man CHOOSE you.
I realize that this doesn't make a lot of logical sense, and it's hard to ACCEPT… but GET OVER IT.
Until you accept this FACT and begin to act on it, you'll NEVER have the success with men that you want.

Fixed it fer ya...now that's just eerie how true (yet funny) that really is.

Pandora-11
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Fixed it fer ya...now that's just eerie how true (yet funny) that really is.
Then it's the wrong guy....wait for the one who has an unmistakable chemical attraction for you and vice versa.
The rest are all wrong.

It really isn't about niceness....although there were some in my past where we shared a strong attraction and I knew in spite of it that he was a jerk and I just couldn't go there.....:cry:Why does that happened?
Beats me!

Also, nice has to have personality!!!

Being funny....very important....if you're not naturally funny then be interesting!!

The Black Knight
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I can say I've been guilty of #1 and #5. Don't really have a problem with the others. In fact I'm #1 all the time. I'm living proof that "nice guys really DO finish last(dead last)." Oh well s**t happens, I always get over it and can't really bring myself to change from #1. That's the problem with old school traditional upbringing and values. Most women today don't even get it.

Pandora-11
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I can say I've been guilty of #1 and #5. Don't really have a problem with the others. In fact I'm #1 all the time. I'm living proof that "nice guys really DO finish last(dead last)." Oh well s**t happens, I always get over it and can't really bring myself to change from #1. That's the problem with old school traditional upbringing and values. Most women today don't even get it.

It really isn't that women don't get it....it's that the attraction is missing.
I've had guys in the past that I wished I had attraction for (they seemed to have it all)...but if it's not there, you can't manufacture it regardless of how you wish it were so.

mtnairlover
Wed May 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
lol...sorry Jason. Actually, my perspective is still (even this late in the game) optimistic. And I do believe there are good people (both genders) all over the place. Just hasn't happened for you.

Yeah and Pandora, I posted that "fix" because it's happened in my life, just not right at this moment...so, it's kinda funny. I think it's happened to a whole lot of us, both genders.

Here's a question...how many of us have had a friend who is definitely with the wrong person and you listen to their problems because you care about their welfare, but deep down you just wanna smack them upside the head and scream...WAKE UP!!!!

Pandora-11
Wed May 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Here's a question...how many of us have had a friend who is definitely with the wrong person and you listen to their problems because you care about their welfare, but deep down you just wanna smack them upside the head and scream...WAKE UP!!!!

All of us have held onto relationships way past their shelf life...hoping and wishing because the chemistry is strong. That will end when the constant hurt gets stronger than the initial appeal, something that often takes longer for some than others. Watch and wait...then pick up the pieces.

..my two cents.

The Black Knight
Wed May 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
It really isn't that women don't get it....it's that the attraction is missing.
I've had guys in the past that I wished I had attraction for (they seemed to have it all)...but if it's not there, you can't manufacture it regardless of how you wish it were so.
I agree, and the same can be said about women in a man's perspective as well.

lol...sorry Jason. Actually, my perspective is still (even this late in the game) optimistic. And I do believe there are good people (both genders) all over the place. Just hasn't happened for you.

Yeah and Pandora, I posted that "fix" because it's happened in my life, just not right at this moment...so, it's kinda funny. I think it's happened to a whole lot of us, both genders.

I'm optimistic Cathy, HAHA I'm to young to give up. Just ranting for a moment was all.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM
......guess this would explain why my "balls out" approach isn't working.....:)

Tipys
Wed May 13th, 2009, 11:48 PM
See I have probly been each on of these exsamples at least once. A few of them I have done while drinking not the best idea.

Squisha
Thu May 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Now I'm going to blow your mind…

A woman ALWAYS knows what you're thinking.
Women are approximately TEN TIMES better than men at reading body language. That's ten TIMES.
I know, it might be hard to believe. But for example, if you're out on a date with a woman, and you want to kiss her, she knows it.
And if you don't know exactly what to do and exactly HOW to kiss her, and you just sit there looking at her and getting nervous, she won't help!
And this goes for ALL aspects of women and dating…
Approaching a woman, getting her number, asking her out, kissing her, getting physical… everything.
If you don't know what to do in each situation, you will probably screw it up… and LOSE EVERYTHING.
And you KNOW it.
It is VITALLY important that you know EXACTLY how to go from one step to the next with a woman… from the first meeting, all the way to the bedroom.

I especially like this one...particularly the part where it says "she won't help!" That makes me laugh, because I have consciously had moments where I DO know he's struggling, and oh hell no, I WON'T help. lol. I've also had moments where I DID help, and it was generally a mistake. A bad sign, if you will. Not to mention the fact that my "helping" is always misconstrued as a sign that I'm just as excited about gettin up on it as he is, and then the guy gets all very, and I have to be like, "down, boy!"

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Interesting article. Definitely a lot of truth in a few of those items, but also a lot of things that can become "circumstantial" at best, where you can make an argument either way.

I think the bottom line with relationships, is that at some point in time you have to realize that if you want to be with somebody special, you have to be someone special.

Only the two of you will know what that means to each other, but once you recognize it, you absolutely have to work to maintain it. You have to continue to cultivate it, if not amplify it, and supplement it. If you don't, and you fall into the trap of taking someone (or something) for granted, that will be the beginning of the end, in terms of mistakes.

The above generalities are helpful, sure; if you're just trying to get somebody's attention (or keep it), and you don't want to make a perceived social mistake. But many serial mistake-makers have overcome themselves and still found a good-girl or a good-guy. It's complacency that is the real killer.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Interesting article. Definitely a lot of truth in a few of those items, but also a lot of things that can become "circumstantial" at best, where you can make an argument either way.

I think the bottom line with relationships, is that at some point in time you have to realize that if you want to be with somebody special, you have to be someone special.

Only the two of you will know what that means to each other, but once you recognize it, you absolutely have to work to maintain it. You have to continue to cultivate it, if not amplify it, and supplement it. If you don't, and you fall into the trap of taking someone (or something) for granted, that will be the beginning of the end, in terms of mistakes.

The above generalities are helpful, sure; if you're just trying to get somebody's attention (or keep it), and you don't want to make a perceived social mistake. But many serial mistake-makers have overcome themselves and still found a good-girl or a good-guy. It's complacency that is the real killer.

Love that....great job!!!

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Can you count to 1? 'Cause this kid can. He's got the only rule you need.

Check it:

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Love that....great job!!!

Thanks 'Dora.

Can I call you Dora?

I'm so sorry, if not; I apogize. Gosh, I'm so bad at introductions, I never know what to say. I'm rambling, aren't I?

I really, really like the name Dora. It brings out the pretty in your eyes. God, I love the way your eyes look, when you look with them.

Speaking of that, I bought you these new sunglasses. I've had them on layaway since earlier today, but I just had to get them for you; they're the hottest new thing. I hope you like them, cause they are from the heart.

You really should like them. I'd be really hurt if you didn't like them, actually. I bought them for you, so please like them.

Anyway Dora, thank you. I guess... hm.. call me?

ultracyber
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
......guess this would explain why my "balls out" approach isn't working.....:)

Its illegal to walk around with body parts hanging out. :)

TFOGGuys
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Then it's the wrong guy....wait for the one who has an unmistakable chemical attraction for you and vice versa.
The rest are all wrong.

It really isn't about niceness....although there were some in my past where we shared a strong attraction and I knew in spite of it that he was a jerk and I just couldn't go there.....:cry:Why does that happened?
Beats me!

Also, nice has to have personality!!!

Being funny....very important....if you're not naturally funny then be interesting!!

I'm still going for the beating my chest, tearing leaves, and throwing dung thing....

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I'm still going for the beating my chest, tearing leaves, and throwing dung thing....
Jim, why you gotta bite my rhymes?

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM

Too Much Of A Nice Guy

Bullshit. The author has decided to equate "nice" with "pushover". I've dated "really attractive" women and I'm very nice, very respectful and still believe in chivalry.

No self-respecting woman is going to date a jerk. Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. DeAngelo. There is a lot of psychological reasons for a woman staying in an emotionally abusive relationship...because she is hot is NOT one of them.

Trying to imply that you have to be a douchebag in order to get a "really attractive" woman is probably the dumbest thing I've heard.

MISTAKE #2: Trying To
"Convince Her To Like You"Yeah, have some self-respect man. She doesn't like? Move on. Nothing worse then coming across as a desperate loser.

MISTAKE #3: Looking To Her
For Approval Or PermissionMen are supposed to be confident in a relationship. Unfortunately we have been taught in this society to be more like women, instead of men. Net result - Lots of guys looking to build "consensus" instead of making a decision.

MISTAKE #4: Trying To Buy Her
Affection With Food And Gifts God this guy has a superficial grasp of male/female interaction...

Women are genetically pre-programed to look for a good provider. Someone able to take care of them and their potential offspring. No women wants a guy who is unemployed and living in their parent's basement. That being said, some guy who makes it a point to flaunt his worldly possessions is just looking for another one (with boobs) and women can smell it.

However, giving gifts (one of the five languages of love) may be how he shows love or how the lady recieves it. How and why the gifts are given are of monumental importance.

MISTAKE #5: Sharing
How You Feel Too Early In
The Relationship With Her Think there is a little bit more nuance to this then this guy understands, but in general, yeah, it's bad form to tell a woman you love her on the second date.

Emotional intimacy comes much later in a relationship. In marketing, you never tell your prospective client the price up front. You show them all the positives first, tell them why they can't live without your product and then once they're sold you tell them the cost. Same with dating. Always stay positive, show her what a great catch you are, and only after you have built that rapport (and thus the necessary framework to communicate and process as a couple) do you express some of the less then flatering aspects of your life. No, this does not mean you gloss over that you been married five times, have 16 kids and have every STD known to man...

MISTAKE #6: Not Getting How
Attraction Works For WomenYou mean women are different then men? Took you five years to figure that one out eh?

MISTAKE #7: Thinking That It
Takes Money And Looks
The human psyche loves if-then statements (don't we Sully? :)).

MISTAKE #8: Giving Away
All Of Your Power To Women Totally agree with this one. But once again, this is the way men are conditioned. Women want men to behave, think and act like women (watch Oprah sometime and you'll see exactly what I mean). Women think men are lazy because we don't understand how to talk to them. Well guess what ladies, you don't do the work to understand us either.

We aren't wired like you, we literally think differently then you and the way we communicate is (big shocker) completely opposite the way you do. You also possess a far greater catalogue of emotions (and the skills to express them) then we EVER will. Some of this has to do with the distrubution of labor in our early history (hunter v. gatherers) and some has to do with the various hormones that we play with (1 for us, 3 for you).

MISTAKE #9: Not Knowing EXACTLY What To Do In Each Type Of Situation With Women Bullshit, once again. "Women" are not some monolithic, factory produced clone. Every woman is different. A man will be successful if he pays attention, finds out what makes a women happy and provides that for her. Yes, there are some universal truths but even then, the proportions can be different. To much of X, is never a good thing.

MISTAKE #10: Not Getting HELP
Honestly I think this guy is a waste of time. Nothing enlightening to his "how to score with hot chicks" methodology. All it comes down to is knowing who you are, knowing what you want and being open to letting it come to you. Don't settle or it will end badly for everyone...

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shea. You need to organize your responses into one very long sentences with poor spelling & errant grammar.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Shea. You need to organize your responses into one very long sentences with poor spelling & errant grammar.

But then how could the reader distinguish my posts from yours???

OH SNAP! :)

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:05 AM
But then how could the reader distinguish my posts from yours???

OH SNAP! :)
Yeah, 'cause my name is Tipsy, I mean Tipys.

ultracyber
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:06 AM
"However, giving gifts (one of the five languages of love) may be how he shows love or how the lady recieves it. How and why the gifts are given are of monumental importance."

What are the five languages of love?

__________________________________________________ _________

What happened to clubbing a women and dragging her to your cave by her hair?

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
missionary, doggy, girl on top, reverse cowboy, and I think wheelbarrow, but I could be wrong about that last one...

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM

They are how you express and best receive love. Would you rather have a hug or a card? How do you tell someone you love them? Mine, in order are...

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Gifts

A little "false dilemma" quiz to figure out yours. http://edified.org/myspace/lovelanguage

What happened to clubbing a women and dragging her to your cave by her hair?

Women's liberation happened. Next thing you know they'll be owning property and voting... :)

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
A little "false dilemma" quiz to figure out yours. http://edified.org/myspace/lovelanguage
That is, perhaps, the gayest quiz I've ever seen. Even gayer than the "are you gay" quiz.

I'm take'n it! :slappers:

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Bullshit. The author has decided to equate "nice" with "pushover". I've dated "really attractive" women and I'm very nice, very respectful and still believe in chivalry.

No self-respecting woman is going to date a jerk. Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. DeAngelo. There is a lot of psychological reasons for a woman staying in an emotionally abusive relationship...because she is hot is NOT one of them.

Trying to imply that you have to be a douchebag in order to get a "really attractive" woman is probably the dumbest thing I've heard.

Yeah, have some self-respect man. She doesn't like? Move on. Nothing worse then coming across as a desperate loser.

Men are supposed to be confident in a relationship. Unfortunately we have been taught in this society to be more like women, instead of men. Net result - Lots of guys looking to build "consensus" instead of making a decision.

God this guy has a superficial grasp of male/female interaction...

Women are genetically pre-programed to look for a good provider. Someone able to take care of them and their potential offspring. No women wants a guy who is unemployed and living in their parent's basement. That being said, some guy who makes it a point to flaunt his worldly possessions is just looking for another one (with boobs) and women can smell it.

However, giving gifts (one of the five languages of love) may be how he shows love or how the lady recieves it. How and why the gifts are given are of monumental importance.

Think there is a little bit more nuance to this then this guy understands, but in general, yeah, it's bad form to tell a woman you love her on the second date.

Emotional intimacy comes much later in a relationship. In marketing, you never tell your prospective client the price up front. You show them all the positives first, tell them why they can't live without your product and then once they're sold you tell them the cost. Same with dating. Always stay positive, show her what a great catch you are, and only after you have built that rapport (and thus the necessary framework to communicate and process as a couple) do you express some of the less then flatering aspects of your life. No, this does not mean you gloss over that you been married five times, have 16 kids and have every STD known to man...

You mean women are different then men? Took you five years to figure that one out eh?

[color=#cc0000][font=tahoma] [color=#000000]
The human psyche loves if-then statements (don't we Sully? :)).

Totally agree with this one. But once again, this is the way men are conditioned. Women want men to behave, think and act like women (watch Oprah sometime and you'll see exactly what I mean). Women think men are lazy because we don't understand how to talk to them. Well guess what ladies, you don't do the work to understand us either.

We aren't wired like you, we literally think differently then you and the way we communicate is (big shocker) completely opposite the way you do. You also possess a far greater catalogue of emotions (and the skills to express them) then we EVER will. Some of this has to do with the distrubution of labor in our early history (hunter v. gatherers) and some has to do with the various hormones that we play with (1 for us, 3 for you).

Bullshit, once again. "Women" are not some monolithic, factory produced clone. Every woman is different. A man will be successful if he pays attention, finds out what makes a women happy and provides that for her. Yes, there are some universal truths but even then, the proportions can be different. To much of X, is never a good thing.

Honestly I think this guy is a waste of time. Nothing enlightening to his "how to score with hot chicks" methodology. All it comes down to is knowing who you are, knowing what you want and being open to letting it come to you. Don't settle or it will end badly for everyone...

...and YOU need to get your own show....think a Dr. Phil version with sass.
Wish I had time to expound on this the way you guys have done. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Barn.....can I call you "B"....sunglasses? I love you...seriously! :) (Is it too early to say that?)

Ya'll seriously need to give the Ninja some pointers...he's clueless.

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
:spit:

An "Are you gay?" quiz?? Really?

Let us know how you did Chris, because I noticed you typed Reverse Cowboy earlier, and not Reverse Cowgirl.

I'm just sayin'....

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
That is, perhaps, the gayest quiz I've ever seen. Even gayer than the "are you gay" quiz.

I'm take'n it! :slappers:

You are a walking stereotype... :)

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM

lol How's that working for ya?:)

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Wish I had time to expound on this the way you guys have done. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Barn.....can I call you "B"....sunglasses? I love you...seriously! :) (Is it too early to say that?)

Ya'll seriously need to give the Ninja some pointers...he's clueless.

lol, yeah if I can just come up with the 100k+ it will cost me to go to DU and get my PhD in Psychology I'm outta here...great program, just wayyyyy too expensive.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
They are how you express and best receive love. Would you rather have a hug or a card? How do you tell someone you love them? Mine, in order are...

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Gifts

:)

OK...changed my mind....I love you instead. Where have you been all of my life?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Pffft... Thanks Dora.

I want those damn sunglasses back!

Big-J
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=450749#post450749)

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Gifts

OK...changed my mind....I love you instead. Where have you been all of my life?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

With other dudes?:gay: :lol:

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Pffft... Thanks Dora.

I want those damn sunglasses back!

Here was my Lang of love test results....It will explain my thinking.

Physical touch 11
Quality time 9
Words of affirmation 7
Acts of service 2
Gifts 1

In other words, I thrive on attention! duh:) I like the sunglasses though...can I keep them?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yep. That's Shea. Dr. Phil but with a shirt so tight you could swear he painted it on.

:spit:

An "Are you gay?" quiz?? Really?

Let us know how you did Chris, because I noticed you typed Reverse Cowboy earlier, and not Reverse Cowgirl.

I'm just sayin'....
It's the name of the position, not the participants there Brokeback Barn. Unless there's something you're not telling us when you go doggystyle...

You are a walking stereotype... :)
not true. Sometimes I take the bus! :D

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
With other dudes?:gay: :lol:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Shea is comfortable talking about emotions, relationships, and what he wants so he MUST be gay! Guess I should just hide behind a haze of bong smoke to be a man eh J? :p

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Here was my Lang of love test results....It will explain my thinking.

Yeah-yeah-yeah.... I got your test results right here.

http://www.ehivtest.com/ui/images/img_home.png

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yep. That's Shea. Dr. Phil but with a shirt so tight you could swear he painted it on.

Don't be jealousy Chris.

Pandora-11
Too funny!!

Big-J
I thrive on attention! duh:)

Duh is right, and so do 99% of women!:lol:

Its all good though, cuz I like giving the attention!

ultracyber
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Your Detailed Results:
Physical Touch: 10
Quality Time: 7
Words of Affirmation: 7
Acts of Service: 5
Receiving Gifts: 1

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM
EIGHT major STDs? Guess I never really counted...which 8 are the major ones & what counts as minor?

"Hey baby, it's ok if I don't wrap it, I've only got a couple minor leaguers..."

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hi there. Would you like to have coffee sometime? Maybe dinner? How about some dick?

[/Chris Rock]

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi there. Would you like to have coffee sometime? Maybe dinner? How about some dick?

[/Chris Rock]

Rotf:lol::lol:

Big-J
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, Shea is comfortable talking about emotions, relationships, and what he wants so he MUST be gay! Guess I should just hide behind a haze of bong smoke to be a man eh J? :p

No, then you would be a criminal! :lol:
Yeah Shea, the bong smoke makes you a man. :up:

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
No, then you would be a criminal! :lol:
Yeah Shea, the bong smoke makes you a man. :up:

Pfft, if I've learned anything from you and Barn, it's that just because I break the law doesn't mean I'm a criminal :p

And I'll pass on the pot. Never had any desire to use the stuff. But to quote Seinfeld..."not that there's anything wrong with that".

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Ha!

If anything has been learned from me, it should be promptly discarded.

Unless it's basic math. I'm pretty good with basic math.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
So somewhat back on topic.

The whole point of the five languages is to know what you want and then express that to your partner. The old adage "you won't get if you don't ask" applies. Tell him/her that is how you give/receive best and hopefully they can follow through.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM

The whole point of the five languages is to know what you want and then express that to your partner. The old adage "you won't get if you don't ask" applies. Tell him/her that is how you give/receive best and hopefully they can follow through.

....and if he doesn't?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ha!

If anything has been learned from me, it should be promptly discarded.

Unless it's basic math. I'm pretty good with basic math.

And the metric system:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/medli1/Weed.jpg?t=1242316841

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Everytime I try and communicate anything like that, I end up getting slapped. I don't suppose any of these 5 languages of yours translate "threesome" into something more palatable, do they?

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
....and if he doesn't?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

If you tell your partner, "this is what I need" and he doesn't follow through... Does he really care for you? Is your happiness important to him? Are you valued in the relationship?

After a while it will feel like this: :banghead:

More then likely you know what you want. You know what makes you feel happy, valued, important and loved. If you are not getting those things and he's not even trying to listen to you... Well you need to figure out where the relationship is going.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Everytime I try and communicate anything like that, I end up getting slapped. I don't suppose any of these 5 languages of yours translate "threesome" into anything more palatable, do they?

You seriously want an answer to that Barn? :)

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
You seriously want an answer to that Barn? :)

Nah, I'm good. :D

mtnairlover
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:14 AM
More then likely you know what you want. You know what makes you feel happy, valued, important and loved. If you are not getting those things and he's not even trying to listen to you... Well you need to figure out where the relationship is going.

You know...not that I'm in a relationship right now, but I've got a couple of really awesome guy friends who have figured this out and wanna know something? I really do appreciate that, even if they are just friends.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
You know...not that I'm in a relationship right now, but I've got a couple of really awesome guy friends who have figured this out and wanna know something? I really do appreciate that, even if they are just friends.

No one says you can't be this to everyone in your life... :)

mtnairlover
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but it's a matter of likes/dislikes/needs, etc. If a friend can't fill something in you and visa versa, then the friendship isn't that real, ya know? It's gotta be real, no matter what kind of relationship. Well, at least, that's the way I work best...meh.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, but it's a matter of likes/dislikes/needs, etc. If a friend can't fill something in you and visa versa, then the friendship isn't that real, ya know? It's gotta be real, no matter what kind of relationship. Well, at least, that's the way I work best...meh.

I know you probably don't mean it this way Cathy, but change they way you talk and you change your life...

No one person or thing can "fill" anything in you. You are perfect and whole, just the way you are. All anyone can do is compliment your life. But that is just me being nitpicky :)

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
As far as I can tell, men are uber-simple creatures. . . they need food, sex, sleep & respect. . . . not necessarily in that order ! LOL

Big-J
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
As far as I can tell, men are uber-simple creatures. . . they need food, sex, sleep & respect. . . . not necessarily in that order ! LOL

Wanna go out? Im hungry!

mtnairlover
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, what you said Shea...it's not a "need". When I say I love my friends, it's the ones who accept me for who I am...they are an added bonus in my life...and visa versa. That added bonus is that complement you are talking about.

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Wanna go out? Im hungry!

Nah, you look a little tired. . . .maybe you should get some sleep. :lol:

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM

What we really need is to be needed and useful. But it is a little more nuanced then most women want to figure out.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM
"I miss your whispering eye"

It works every time.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Yeah....they are easy to please.....what about what we need?....not so easy.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
If you tell your partner, "this is what I need" and he doesn't follow through... Does he really care for you? Is your happiness important to him? Are you valued in the relationship?

After a while it will feel like this: :banghead:

It's where I am....boohoo

Shea,
You need to take this show on the road. You're better than a shrink.

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM
So basically what is being said here is that there is nothing a guy can do, so he should just give up until the women can make up their minds?

I see this advice leading to the extinction of our species…

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
What we really need is to be needed and useful. But it is a little more nuanced then most women want to figure out.

Need to be needed. . . .ok, I get that.

Make yourself useful. . . . I need you to make me a sandwich and get me a beer !:slappers: :lol:

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Let's just play tummy sticks!

ROR!!!

salsashark
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Need to be needed. . . .ok, I get that.

Make yourself useful. . . . I need you to make me a sandwich and get me a beer !:slappers: :lol:

Ok... that's funny right there...

and it's "sammich".

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Ok... that's funny right there...

and it's "sammich".

my bad. . . "sammich". . . . next time Salsa, next time.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah....they are easy to please.....what about what we need?....not so easy.

Do you not know what you need? I doubt it. The problem is in expressing it in a manner that a man can understand and respond to in a positive matter. We literally speak and convey thoughts/feelings differently.

If you are not getting what you want, try a different tack. If he is not responding to the way you are communicating, frame it differently. But in the end, perhaps a quote from Cool Hand Luke becomes apropos "There are some men you just can't reach...".

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Where have you been my whole life??? We need to clone women like you...

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Where have you been my whole life??? We need to clone women like you...

Perfect example of how men are as varied as women. :)

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM

You could not be more correct.

http://www.blog.joelx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/man-woman-control-panel.gif

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
You should ALWAYS be with a woman who is more awesome than you are. It has worked for me for 12 years.

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Here's the answer to all your questions...!!! The best "relationship" (eeks! Did I say that?) book ever!!!!

"Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey

I hate to admit it but...I've read my fair share of these so-called "relationship" books but this one just hits the spot! It is so true and simplifies things so well. It's written for women, but I think EVERYONE should read it (men will learn a lot from it, as well!). Society is falling apart and I think we need to get back to the basics to restore this thing called "LOVE" so...go out and read it!!! Hail CHIVALRY!

Really...it's liberating, eye-opening, WOW! and gave me a whole new outlook on relationships! I read all 229 pages in 2 evenings. I'd go over the basics to get you more interested but that would take way too long.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Chivalry is not dead. Only the woman who appreciate are.

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:27 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wKQ5fbyRzUY/SKMvaCjTtxI/AAAAAAAABRs/MQAoexMFHyQ/s400/The+Simple+Truth.jpg

LMAO !!:yes:

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Here's the answer to all your questions...!!! The best "relationship" (eeks! Did I say that?) book ever!!!!

"Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey

I hate to admit it but...I've read my fair share of these so-called "relationship" books but this one just hits the spot! It is so true and simplifies things so well. It's written for women, but I think EVERYONE should read it (men will learn a lot from it, as well!). Society is falling apart and I think we need to get back to the basics to restore this thing called "LOVE" so...go out and read it!!! Hail CHIVALRY!

Really...it's liberating, eye-opening, WOW! and gave me a whole new outlook on relationships! I read all 229 pages in 2 evenings. I'd go over the basics to get you more interested but that would take way too long.

I have that book.. . . it's sitting on the end table waiting for me to read it. . .hahaha

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/yohidalgo/not_the_father.gif

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Here's the answer to all your questions...!!!
"Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man"

Oh Amber, I guess I need to start dressing up for Bike Night...
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070911/gallery/rocky_l.jpg

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM

It's not dead...but it's barely breathing. And women are surrounded by so many men that don't even know the definition of chivalry that we've become accustomed to thinking it's not there or are just not sure how/afraid to demand it.

I have that book.. . . it's sitting on the end table waiting for me to read it. . .hahaha

Get to it!!!! And post back with your thoughts!

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Do you not know what you need? I doubt it. The problem is in expressing it in a manner that a man can understand and respond to in a positive matter. We literally speak and convey thoughts/feelings differently.

If you are not getting what you want, try a different tack. If he is not responding to the way you are communicating, frame it differently. But in the end, perhaps a quote from Cool Hand Luke becomes apropos "There are some men you just can't reach...".

Yes....25 years later...I've given up. I'm living Cool Hand Luke....I've framed it using sports terms (which is what he understands best).....maybe I need to get Chris Berman.:)

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/yohidalgo/not_the_father.gif

That is hilarious! I'll be the first to admit that there are just as many women out there that have forgotten the values of relationships as there are men! But I can only speak from one side...yet I'm still advocating the book to BOTH sexes.

Oh Amber, I guess I need to start dressing up for Bike Night...
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070911/gallery/rocky_l.jpg

LOL! Can't wait to see what you're wearing next time! Is it gonna be this revealing????

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Only if you dress like Janet - damn it
http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/rhps_075FloorshowJanet.jpg

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM

Truth

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
It's funny, I open doors for women here at work or offer to fill their coffee when I am holding the pot and they all look at me like I am going to rape them. One of our inters went so far as to say "you didn't have to do that, we aren't dating" Nice, so now you gotta be fucking a girl before she will appreciate you being nice. I guess that is why so many dudes are just dicks. It seems to work better.

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

That's funny. . . . I just had a conversation with a guy friend of mine that said he's all for chivalry, but when a woman expects it it pisses him off. I tried to explain to him that women have given up expecting chivalry from men. . ..most don't even know how to spell it ! HA !

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM
***Apparently this is getting blown out of proportion and taken the wrong way, so I'm adding a disclaimer:

THE FOLLOWING ASSIGNS NO VALUE JUDGEMENT TO ANYONE BECAUSE OF THEIR BEING SINGLE, IN A RELATIONSHIP, OR OTHERWISE. ***

Quick raise of hands from those who are giving man/woman relationship advice who are actually in a relationship, please.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I will raise nothing, and you will like it.

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
So I figure like two, three generations and there will be nobody left

Ok, so being “Women” on this board, spill it. Tell us right her right now how do you want a guy (such as the cast of morons we have here, me included) to act when they are interested?

Life as a guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAZavB7S4KE)

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I like to let a woman know I an interested by running up to them nekked and slapping my wiener back and forth on my thighs. At that point, they know, I am interested.

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I like to let a woman know I an interested by running up to them nekked and slapping my wiener back and forth on my thighs. At that point, they know, I am interested.

L M F A O !!! :cry:

Uh, I'm gonna leave now. . . . .. that shit's scary !!

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM
That's funny. . . . I just had a conversation with a guy friend of mine that said he's all for chivalry, but when a woman expects it it pisses him off. I tried to explain to him that women have given up expecting chivalry from men. . ..most don't even know how to spell it ! HA !

I think it's kind of refreshing when women expect it. Women should expect respect and take it as such. If you don't know you are being given respect (or even appreciate it) you'll end up dating some jackass.

Yes, few men understand the concept but even fewer women know what their part is in it.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Quick raise of hands from those who are giving man/woman relationship advice who are actually in a relationship, please.

Feel free to tell me where I am mistaken. Just because I am not in a relationship does not disqualify me. Now had I never been in one, then you might have a point. But my views/beliefs are from numerous relationships, a semi-understanding of the male/female dynamic and some post graduate training in psychology.

I have a willingness to understand women (as best as my male, single hormone-driven, neanderthal brain can) and pay attention. As such I have several ex-girlfriends that would gladly give positive references to any potential future ex-girlfriends.

But then again, all these things are my opinions. If they resonate with people so be it...

dm_gsxr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Gifts

Women's liberation happened. Next thing you know they'll be owning property and voting... :)

Rita bought that book a month or so back. I was interested enough as I started reading it that I finished it that night. I think his answer wasn't quite right on the physical touching comment at the end but in general I thought it was nice and simple and really helped me understand where Rita is (she's a "Quality Time" and I'm a "Physical Touch").

The problem for me is that I made the effort to improve Quality Time but Rita can't seem to get a hold of what to do with "Physical Touch". She seems to think it's sex but it's really not (although I wouldn't turn it down :D ).

It'll get straightened out. It seems like she's trying to improve me without improving herself.

Carl

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, few men understand the concept but even fewer women know what their part is in it.

Enlighten me . . ..

TFOGGuys
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM
lol How's that working for ya?:)

Been married for almost 8 years.....:)

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Feel free to tell me where I am mistaken. Just because I am not in a relationship does not disqualify me. Now had I never been in one, then you might have a point. But my views/beliefs are from numerous relationships, a semi-understanding of the male/female dynamic and some post graduate training in psychology.

I have a willingness to understand women (as best as my male, single hormone-driven, neanderthal brain can) and pay attention. As such I have several ex-girlfriends that would gladly give positive references to any potential future ex-girlfriends.

But then again, all these things are my opinions. If they resonate with people so be it...
I'm not directly trying to discredit your theories here, but if you've got 'em peg'd so well, then isn't it a case of phsyician heal thyself?

I'm never more interested in this topic when I'm single and less interested when I'm not.

The bottom line of the 10 mistakes blah blah blah is that you should be confident, but not over confident, respectful but not a pushover, be yourself, not someone you think girls like or this girl will like or whatever.

You can analyze how each other thinks all you want, but in the end, to which Randall so subtley alluded, we gotta procreate and if you spend your entire life without someone then it's probably not how an entire gender thinks, it's probably you.

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yes, but you forget that when a guy is in a relationship, the effect of that relationship changes his perspective of how relationships are suppose to work. Because of the things a guy will do to maintain this relationship.

Heisenberg

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
It's funny, I open doors for women here at work or offer to fill their coffee when I am holding the pot and they all look at me like I am going to rape them. One of our inters went so far as to say "you didn't have to do that, we aren't dating" Nice, so now you gotta be fucking a girl before she will appreciate you being nice. I guess that is why so many dudes are just dicks. It seems to work better.

Well I appreciate it and am thankful when these types of things are done for me. Maybe you should put on a training class for the "younger" generations of men to teach them how it should be done. Then, when women see it happening more often, they won't be so shocked and have to reply with a response such as this.

This has no direct relation. Some people aren't in relationships because they choose not to be, not because they are unable to attain one.

LOL!!! Visual I did not want! :)

I think it's kind of refreshing when women expect it. Women should expect respect and take it as such. If you don't know you are being given respect (or even appreciate it) you'll end up dating some jackass.

I agree that women should expect it. On the same token, they need to give it, as well, if they are going to expect it.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Yes, but you forget that when a guy is in a relationship, the effect of that relationship changes his perspective of how relationships are suppose to work. Because of the things a guy will do to maintain this relationship.

Heisenberg
That sounds like an attempt to discredit my posts, insinuating that everything I do & say is tainted because my perspective is "different" due to my being in a relationship. I don't buy it. I still have my recollections of being single and my hindsight is fairly accurate.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
This has no direct relation. Some people aren't in relationships because they choose not to be, not because they are unable to attain one.
Just taking a quick poll, that's all. Some people also claim not to be interested in a relationship because they're compensating for an inability to attain one.

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
So are you trying to say that only people currently in a relationship have a valid opinion or anyone who has ever been in a relationship has a valid opinion?

If it’s the former then I believe your bias is coming from the fact you are currently in a relationship.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm not directly trying to discredit your theories here, but if you've got 'em peg'd so well, then isn't it a case of phsyician heal thyself?

Your assertion is that since I'm single I'm broken. I don't see it that way. I could be in a relationship tomorrow if I so choose. However, would I be truly happy? Shouldn't I just settle so I can procreate? No thanks. It isn't who I am Chris.

Also in your statement it is implied that I have had these skills, this knowledge and these abilities for my entire life. This is also inaccurate. It has taken me a lot of work and a lot of failed relationships in order to figure out how to speak "girl" and understand why things happen the way they happen. Am I perfect? Hardly, but I am way better then I used to be.

I'm never more interested in this topic when I'm single and less interested when I'm not.

This is where you and I differ. I want to be the best possible mate I can be therefore, the learning process is constant. True, in a relationship it becomes more focused on a single person rather then the aggregate, but it never stops.

You can analyze how each other thinks all you want, but in the end, to which Randall so subtley alluded, we gotta procreate and if you spend your entire life without someone then it's probably not how an entire gender thinks, it's probably you.

I would much rather spend my life being alone then subject myself (and partner) to an unhealthy relationship where both our needs go unfulfilled. I don't think this will be the case however.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Enlighten me . . ..

Arrogant quip: If you don't already know...

j/k

Too nuanced a subject to put into a forum. Pull me aside sometime and I would be glad to discuss my take on it with ya. :)

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Too nuanced a subject to put into a forum. Pull me aside sometime and I would be glad to discuss my take on it with ya. :)Ooohhh smooth… get her number while your at it… :)

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
a n d......
........ back from lunch. What did I miss?

Eww... more girly perspective (hello Amber Marie).

Let me go catch-up. This thread is like taking an online class! :yes:

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
a n d......
........ back from lunch. What did I miss?

Eww... more girly perspective (hello Amber Marie).

Let me go catch-up. This thread is like taking an online class! :yes:

What's the "Eww" for?????? One sided coversations (especially when about the opposite sex) don't accomplish much.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
What's the "Eww" for?????? One sided coversations (especially when about the opposite sex) don't accomplish much.

How else are we going to figure out that all you ladies do on "girls night" is paint each other's toes and have naked pillow fights...? :)

GixxerCarrie
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM
One picture to say it all...:)

milehicitygirl
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Arrogant quip:
Too nuanced a subject to put into a forum. Pull me aside sometime and I would be glad to discuss my take on it with ya. :)

Ooohhh smooth… get her number while your at it… :)

Hey, maybe I'll get a date AND an education out of this!! :) LMAO

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM

No particular reason, really. I guess to just to replicate that "eww" sound that a person might make, when they come across a previously unknown discovery that they are excited by.

It wasn't eww in the "I just steped in a pool of vomit and semen" sense. And you're right. Sex-based conversations are rather pointless, if both sexes aren't represented. Hense the afforementioned excitement.

Anyway... I am kinda bummed you didn't say "hi" back though. I guess that's just women these days. =(

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
So are you trying to say that only people currently in a relationship have a valid opinion or anyone who has ever been in a relationship has a valid opinion?

If it’s the former then I believe your bias is coming from the fact you are currently in a relationship.
I personally believe the latter, however I was merely assessing the irony of folks who aren't in a relationship giving advice on how to engage & establish one.

Your assertion is that since I'm single I'm broken. I don't see it that way. I could be in a relationship tomorrow if I so choose. However, would I be truly happy? Shouldn't I just settle so I can procreate? No thanks. It isn't who I am Chris.
Shea, I might be misreading this so forgive me if I am, but right now it sounds like who you're being is Capt. Butthurt. You know very well that I don't consider you, or any other single individual, to be broken. Again, I was merely alluding to the irony. Suddenly you seem to have mounted an aggressive defense that doesn't to your arguments any favors.

Also in your statement it is implied that I have had these skills, this knowledge and these abilities for my entire life. This is also inaccurate. It has taken me a lot of work and a lot of failed relationships in order to figure out how to speak "girl" and understand why things happen the way they happen. Am I perfect? Hardly, but I am way better then I used to be.
I'm not seeing where I implied this and I can fully respect time and effort put into furthering one's understanding both one's self and the opposite gender.

This is where you and I differ. I want to be the best possible mate I can be therefore, the learning process is constant. True, in a relationship it becomes more focused on a single person rather then the aggregate, but it never stops.
And here you seem to imply that in my being different, I have no desire or interested in being the best possible mate that I can to which I take offense. You don't truely believe that I'm ambivilant to my relationship any more than I believe that you are "broken" because you're single.

I would much rather spend my life being alone then subject myself (and partner) to an unhealthy relationship where both our needs go unfulfilled. I don't think this will be the case however.
Understandable and respectable. I also agree that it won't be the case for you, Shea.

My point is that when single, it's very easy to obsess and over-analyze the opposite gender and how they work. Due to time spend contemplating the inner workings of men or women, it's possible to feel one's self an expert on the topic. Assuming the goal of this persuit is to gain a suitable mate and also assuming that we wouldn't be posting in this thread if it weren't a goal or interest in some form, the irony is that those who feel most knowledgeable are often those not following their own advice.

Separately, when in a relationship, the goal is to understand another individual and how they work, independent of preconceived notions.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
BIG WORDS!!! COMPLEX SENTENCES!! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
BIG WORDS!!! COMPLEX SENTENCES!! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
If only teh intarwebz worked more like a pop-up book...sigh. :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Scratch off lotto tickets are more my speed.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Scratch off lotto tickets are more my speed.
Well they are interactive...sorta :D

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
If Ninja is looking for a relationship with a Ninjett this is the check list:

Rides own bike
Owns own bike
Can work on bike (but buys cases of Elephant for Ninja to assist)
Is financially secure and willing to spoil Ninja to extremes
Has own digs where all the Ninjett stuff is stored (preferably with a two car garage).
Doesn't mind 40 years of motorcycle friends to drop in occasionally for 'a beer'.
Makes fuckin great samitches :up:

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
No particular reason, really. I guess to just to replicate that "eww" sound that a person might make, when they come across a previously unknown discovery that they are excited by.

It wasn't eww in the "I just steped in a pool of vomit and semen" sense. And you're right. Sex-based conversations are rather pointless, if both sexes aren't represented. Hense the afforementioned excitement.

Anyway... I am kinda bummed you didn't say "hi" back though. I guess that's just women these days. =(

Ah...took it under the wrong context. Thank you for clarifying.

And my apologies....Hello Barn!!!! :)

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
If Horsman is looking for a relationship with a PonyGirl this is the check list:

Rides own bike
Owns own bike
Can work on bike (but buys cases of Fireball for Horsman to assist)
Is willing to spoil Horsman to extremes (no money - just honey is needed)
Has own digs where all the PonyGirl stuff is stored (preferably with a three car garage).
Doesn't mind scary motorcycle friends to drop in occasionally for 'a beer'.
Makes fuckin great samitches :up:
thanks to N_N

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Horsman & PonyGirl...that series practically writes itself!

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
No apology needed, I kinda got figured as much.

It's funny because this is kind of an "exhibit A." of how important communcation and communication-styles are. Not just solely in terms of relationships, but even just the everyday.

I meant one thing, you conoted another, and the next thing you know, everybody is all "What'a'ya'mean by that?!?"

Good stuff though. Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing. ;)

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
No apology needed, I kinda got figured as much.

It's funny because this is kind of an "exhibit A." of how important communcation and communication-styles are. Not just solely in terms of relationships, but even just the everyday.

I meant one thing, you conoted another, and the next thing you know, everybody is all "What'a'ya'mean by that?!?"

Good stuff though. Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing. ;)

I get your point but I think this particular instance is a matter of forum chatting and not hearing tone of voice or seeing facial expressions/body language. Same thing as texting/emailing/etc. Which is why I refuse to have full blown conversations over such form.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I get your point but I think this particular instance is a matter of forum chatting and not hearing tone of voice or seeing facial expressions/body language. Same thing as texting/emailing/etc. Which is why I refuse to have full blown conversations over such form.
So they're are half-blown? That sounds like a crime to me...

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
So they're are half-blown? That sounds like a crime to me...

LOL!!!!

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Oh, absolutely. There is no substitute for inflection, nuance, and our own personal idiosyncrasies.

This is why I refuse to talk to you in person. That's way to much shit to think about!

;)

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
:wtf:

:up:

:cold:

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Here is my theory - She likes you(great) or she doesn't like you(move on - find someone better)... the end...

GrlRdr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Here is my theory - She likes you(great) or she doesn't like you(move on - find someone better)... the end...

I wish it were that simple!!!

ETA: In the beginning, it may be. But if that's all you've got, it won't last long!!

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
That’s a great theory, except the only way a guy can tell if a girl likes him is if she is brave enough to tell him, in no uncertain terms. Until then we are all just guessing and making fools of ourselves.

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM
INSERT BOOK BELOW:

So.. I'm one of the good guys or so I'm told. Definitely not a push over, absolutely about respect. Like Shea.. no problem (most of the time) telling someone the way I feel or think. Even took the quiz posted up earlier and managed to maintain my manhood and attraction to the wonderful world of women! Made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot of hard lessons from past relationships, similar to the original post on this thread.
I agree.. chivalry is not dead. For the right person, I would do almost anything to treat them as the beautiful person they truely are. You simply can't "force" a "connection" with the wrong person. There isn't enough touch, words, flowers or chocolate that will make a thing work between two people. Most of us are far along enough to recognize a real connection and when you feel that connection, you act. Sure there is a lot of good information out there about do's/don'ts, but if it's the wrong person (as it is more often than not) your only kidding yourselves. If people would only listen to that little voice inside, maybe dating wouldn't be such a dissaster. I dunno, I sure wish something as simple as meeting someone didn't require so much grief!

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
If you want to get across your interest in a subtle way while protecting your ego, show lots of interest, eye contact, sit with them at bike night or at work (wherever), listen to the things they say that are interesting to them and act upon them.......
all the while, not becoming a complete hanger-oner. It's a complex dance to be sure.
Show complete confidence in your ability to sweep them off their feet...even if you don't feel it. ....and then move on when it's clear they are not interested.
I had one guy send me flowers, gifts, call constantly, took me out for a picnic complete with a mini-Eiffel tower with wine, cheese, grapes.....he took me to the movies/concerts I wanted to see, great kissing technique, and validated all of my feelings. It should have been great...it wasn't.
When my interest went elsewhere to someone who sent my libido flying just when I heard his voice(that led to a two year relationship), he cursed at me, begged, and tried to do even more....as if that were possible.
The point is that the "dance of romance is very complex" and sometimes we don't know "why" or "how". Please just understand it isn't happening and know that you can not talk us into it by doing more. Best to leave and move on and don't look back. Don't overdo...but do do..sorry that it's so complicated.:shocked:

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
If you want to get across your interest in a subtle way while protecting your ego, show lots of interest, eye contact, sit with them at bike night or at work (wherever), listen to the things they say that are interesting to them and act upon them.......
all the while, not becoming a complete hanger-oner. It's a complex dance to be sure.
Show complete confidence in your ability to sweep them off their feet...even if you don't feel it. ....and then move on when it's clear they are not interested.
I had one guy send me flowers, gifts, call constantly, took me out for a picnic complete with a mini-Eiffel tower with wine, cheese, grapes.....he took me to the movies/concerts I wanted to see, great kissing technique, and validated all of my feelings. It should have been great...it wasn't.
When my interest went elsewhere to someone who sent my libido flying just when I heard his voice(that led to a two year relationship), he cursed at me, begged, and tried to do even more....as if that were possible.
The point is that the "dance of romance is very complex" and sometimes we don't know "why" or "how". Please just understand it isn't happening and know that you can not talk us into it by doing more. Best to leave and move on and don't look back. Don't overdo...but do do..sorry that it's so complicated.:shocked:

If it's the "right" person.. most of these "complex" dance moves will be satisfied anyway.. It's not hard. Just a matter of being and maybe a little effort. Don't appologize for knowing what you need/want/like.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
If it's the "right" person.. most of these "complex" dance moves will be satisfied anyway.. It's not hard. Just a matter of being.
The dance complexity is at the beginning.....then the complexity of keeping it going is a whole 'nother ballgame. :)

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Do you know where I can sign up for classes? Lolz

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Do you know where I can sign up for classes? Lolz

I think that's a cute response....but lesson one: don't admit that you need classes!!!

You're a pro!!! Remember that!!! Now swagger!!

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I think that's a cute response....but lesson one: don't admit that you need classes!!!

Oh ... of course I'm a pro! Step #1, never admit you know how to dance. That way when you waltz their glass slippers off, it's even more amazing of a dance!

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM
You're like a bear! You're a big fuck'n bear! And you've got these huge fuck'n claws and fangs! And you've got these huge claws and fangs and you don't know how to kill the bunny! With this, you don't know how to kill the bunny! You're like a big fuck'n bear man!

Zach929rr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Oh, and for the record, David DeAngelo is so past his times with this material it's outrageous (for any of you that have read his book). Go pick up some RSD or The Blueprint.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:20 PM
You're like a bear! You're a big fuck'n bear! And you've got these huge fuck'n claws and fangs! And you've got these huge claws and fangs and you don't know how to kill the bunny! With this, you don't know how to kill the bunny! You're like a big fuck'n bear man!

Metalord,
With your sense of humor, I doubt you've ever had a problem.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif
ROFL...

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:23 PM

LOL. Sounds like Bear man = single man. Sasquatch maybe.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Girls love guys with a good sense of humor. I am soo lonely.

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I doubt that too. oh boohoo....well, on this forum, you are definitely the King of Comedy! Ya'll fight it out...cuz you certainly entertain me!!

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I am pretty funny. Then I have to put my clothes back on so the wife will stop laughing.

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
A high post count does not make you funny...

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
In this case it does.....OMG, look at his avatar!!!!

MetaLord 9
like this?

Horsman
A high post count does not make you funny...

Animated Cats makes u funny...

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Animated Cats makes u funny...Yea, I think it's the cats too…

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
or this?

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:34 PM
like this?
She thinks I am funny...
http://heidikins.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vespa-blow-up-doll.jpg

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Animated Cats makes u funny...

It's not the animated cats..it's how you use the animated cats....you simpletons.http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:45 PM
10 mistakes guys make -
11) not using Kittahs as Avatars...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Qzd9HIsRWeA/SDfei-Vp7lI/AAAAAAAAIq8/eQNMC4VHtnQ/s400/10+Commandments+Tablets.jpg

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
ROR!!

salsashark
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
So just got back from a long meeting and reading through the last couple of pages had me thinking about one of my favorite movies... but then Chris jumped in.

Chris... I think I'm the only one that got it... You're so money and you don't even know it!

Midget Hellion
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Raff out Roud! You some frunny fruckas!

Mister BOYD
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
So just got back from a long meeting and reading through the last couple of pages had me thinking about one of my favorite movies... but then Chris jumped in.

Chris... I think I'm the only one that got it... You're so money and you don't even know it!

What movie would that be?

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Raff out Roud! You some frunny fruckas!
Aren't you supposed be at your powercoating appointment???

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Out of the office for a couple hours and bam, two pages I got to read through.

No Chris I'm not butthurt at all. Just seems at some point you decided that all us single people were losers and therefore our (my) opinions on relationships were somehow less applicable then yours.

"I'm not directly trying to discredit your theories here, but if you've got 'em peg'd so well, then isn't it a case of phsyician heal thyself?"

Your statement, so I don't know what you were trying to say here other then "You talk the talk, so why can't you walk the walk?". If you're saying something different then let me know.

salsashark
Thu May 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
What movie would that be?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/

http://workitmom.com/bloggers/workitdad/files/2008/02/swingers.jpeg

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM

No Chris I'm not butthurt at all. Just seems at some point you decided that all us single people were losers and therefore our (my) opinions on relationships were somehow less applicable then yours.

"I'm not directly trying to discredit your theories here, but if you've got 'em peg'd so well, then isn't it a case of phsyician heal thyself?"

Your statement, so I don't know what you were trying to say here other then "You talk the talk, so why can't you walk the walk?". If you're saying something different then let me know.

"God I hate mixed signals." -------- that's what she said. So I went for a ride ------- an eighteen year ride.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
"God I hate mixed signals." -------- that's what she said. So I went for a ride ------- an eighteen year ride.

Your version of a walkabout Ninja? :)

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
He was just breaking in his new tires...

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM

My version of Adiós. :siesta:

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM

lol

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM

:up:

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:09 PM
My version of Adiós. :siesta:

I'll give you a version of adios!!!!!:scream1:

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'll give you a version of adios!!!!!:scream1:

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/93/l_823384a94cea4a669c8c41297029dd20.jpg

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/93/l_823384a94cea4a669c8c41297029dd20.jpg

lol...yep...it would look something like that.

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I bet you guys have sweaty, hairy, florescent white kindergarten paste, sex.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM

There's an image I could have done without. Thanks Dana :)

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
There's an image I could have done without. Thanks Dana :)

Me too....:drink:

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
:cry: do they break out the finger paints and paper mache??? Inquiring Minds want to know...

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:40 PM
:cry: do they break out the finger paints and paper mache??? Inquiring Minds want to know...No we don't...

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
No we don't...

You and NN?.......perfect!http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
No we don't...

Hey ------ get out of Dana's hallucination.

You and NN...perfect!http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

That's N_N to you.

The Black Knight
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM

I'm going to have to agree. Chivalry is going by the way side and most women like it that way.

It is funny because I've gotten the same reactions. You hold the door open and with alot of (younger)women, they give you this look as if you're the biggest douchebag in the world for doing that for them.

You know, I get women's Lib' and I get women that are empowered these days, but just shut up or say thank you when a man holds the door open. Keep the crummy comments to yourselves when a guy displays some respect(this isn't directed at any women here, just those who get irritated with men when they do acts of chivalry).

The thing that really sets me off, is when a women insists that I don't hold the door open and wants me to go in first. Then when you say, "no please, you first." They want to argue about it. It's like dammit lady, just go through the door, I'm holding it open for you because I was raised to respect women that way.

There's been many times I'll just stand there and refuse to go in ahead of the woman arguing with me.

Another thing that really ticks me off(and this is directed at the Guys), is when men won't clean up their language around a lady or group of ladies. You know, I'm not a saint by any means when it comes to telling some raspy jokes or have some discussions about the most vile things. But I always clean it up when a lady is present or comes around. You're just supposed to do that. And that bugs me to no end when guys can't clean up their mouths when a lady is present. That way I look at it, is if you wouldn't talk that way around your Mom, then you don't need to be talking that way around a other women.

And I'll be honest, when a woman can chime in and be just as dirty as guys can in a converstation. That just ruins it for me.

~Barn~
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I actually hold the door for everybody. If it's a woman or an elder, or somebody carrying something, and we're arriving at the same time, then it's "after you".

If they are just a few paces behind me, they'll get the door held open for them, so they can at least follow me in. Unless of course again it's the elderly and/or a woman carrying something. I actually never really mind waiting a second or 7 to hold the door for somebody; as a general rule, I'm never in that big of hurry to ever get anywhere.

As far as reaction from most people, I'm confident that I get a "thanks" or a "thank" you, some 99% of the time.

The Black Knight
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I actually hold the door for everybody. If it's a woman or an elder, or somebody carrying something, and we're arriving at the same time, then it's "after you".

If they are just a few paces behind me, they'll get the door held open for them, so they can at least follow me in. Unless of course again it's the elderly and/or a woman carrying something. I actually never really mind waiting a second or 7 to hold the door for somebody; as a general rule, I'm never in that big of hurry to ever get anywhere.

As far as reaction from most people, I'm confident that I get a "thanks" or a "thank" you, some 99% of the time.
Oh yeah, I always hold the door open for the old folks and disabled. It's true the elderly always(and I can't think of an instance when they haven't) say thank you. I've even walked an older lady across the street(as boy scoutish that sounds). Yeah I see nothing wrong with helping out the older generations.

As for everyone though, can't say as I hold the door open for guys. That's just a guy rule. Dude's open the doors for themselves. Even if another guy is right behind me, I'll throw it back towards them as I go in. But not a chance in hell I'll hold the door for another guy. Even if they are carrying something(HAHA j/king, I'll hold the door for anyone who's got their hands full).

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Getting back to the original premise of this thread....polled the 19 year old very attractive daughter who has much experience with guys.....she said.... lol.....all of these ten things are dumb except #2.....

puckstr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Getting back to the original premise of this thread....polled the 19 year old very attractive daughter who has much experience with guys.....she said.... lol.....all of these ten things are dumb except #2.....

You are just asking for it for the CSC

Pandora-11
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
You are just asking for it for the CSC

I didnt mean that the way it sounded...I meant that she always has a date and guys fawning over her. She's very levelheaded and smart and classy...so there!!!!

rapparee
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I think that a little social grace and common courtesy would go a long ways in getting men and women to interact with respect towards each other. Communication is definitely the key. Love causes relationships, relationships do not cause love.

GixxerCarrie
Thu May 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM

I was kinda thinkin the same wavelength Shea..I started to get pist at Chris..as I would hope that just because we are not currently in a realationship...doesn't mean I don't know my shit, and, don't deserve an opinion...Anyways...us single CSC people are losers who don't ride...member?:cry: Your taillight fall off yet, I think it got scared of the hole!!!lolz:hump:

Tipys
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I didnt mean that the way it sounded...I meant that she always has a date and guys fawning over her. She's very levelheaded and smart and classy...so there!!!!

Now only if she wanted to meet strange people met on the interwebz. :cry:

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
You go ahead and point out to me exactly where I said that single people were losers. go for it! I'm listening! :D

Shea, you seem to know a lot about women and I don't doubt any of your knowledge or experience, but I do question whether or not you're following your own advice sometimes. I was largely commenting on the irony that those who know the most about the subject are currently not with someone as you might expect. If I'm an amazing soccer player, then you'd think that I'd be on a team making money instead of watching the game at home on TV. Again, irony.

I'm not calling anyone a loser here so I feel like you're looking to take offense and carry the flag of singledom in defense of an attack that's never coming.

Maybe the better response would have been to laugh it off and say something to the effect of "Ha, well Monkeyboy, just because I know a lot about women and the female mind, doesn't mean that I've yet found a woman who knows and understands the male mind enough to merit being my significant other." Then we would have posted kitteh pictures and had beers and been merry.

dirkterrell
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
http://clickrbikes.com/%7Ebikes/photos/Bike.jpg

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM
http://clickrbikes.com/%7Ebikes/photos/Bike.jpg
See, if you're that flexible, why even leave the house?

Shea
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
You go ahead and point out to me exactly where I said that single people were losers. go for it! I'm listening! :D I'm not the only one who took your comments to mean that Chris, so it doesn't seem that far out in left field...

Shea, you seem to know a lot about women and I don't doubt any of your knowledge or experience, but I do question whether or not you're following your own advice sometimes. I was largely commenting on the irony that those who know the most about the subject are currently not with someone as you might expect. If I'm an amazing soccer player, then you'd think that I'd be on a team making money instead of watching the game at home on TV. Again, irony.

Why is it ironic Chris? I guess the reason I am so "incensed" is because I'm surprised you would take such an asinine stance. You're the one who is taking the position that since I'm not in a relationship somehow my views on one are diminished in some capacity. Really? Just because I have yet to find someone I am compatible with (for a long haul) I am somehow less able to opine on the male/female dynamic? Boggles the mind...

I know exactly what I want Chris. Additionally I am a pretty good judge of character. I can look at someone, how they walk, talk, interact with friends and decide if that person is someone I want to get to know. Just because I see a cute girl doesn't mean that I have to go talk to her. Intuition is a wonderful thing and I try and listen to mine.

Some men are the exact opposite. For them separating the wheat from the chaff involves dating dozens of women, talking to ones they find just the least bit attractive, all for the process of determining what clicks with them. I've already done my field work.

However, am I perfect, have it all figured out? Of course not. But I am trying to be at least better.

I'm not calling anyone a loser here so I feel like you're looking to take offense and carry the flag of singledom in defense of an attack that's never coming.

All I can do is react to what you have posted. I feel no obligation to carry any flag for singles. My desire to find "the one" and have a relationship to end all relationships is of no mystery to anyone who knows me.

Once again Chris, you took the time to post that those of us that are not in a relationship are somehow less able/informed to opine on the subject. For a bright guy I find that the most retarded position to take. We are all single until we find someone to put up with us. How patronizing would it feel if I said the same thing to you prior to your relationship with girlie?

As with my political views, any of my beliefs on men, women, relationships, love, chivalry (or anything else I believe in) is open to debate. I welcome the discussion.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Why is it ironic Chris? I guess the reason I am so "incensed" is because I'm surprised you would take such an asinine stance.
Which stance? I think you're taking what I said and blowing it out of proportion, man! There is no value judgement assigned with the term "irony."

You're the one who is taking the position that since I'm not in a relationship somehow my views on one are diminished in some capacity.
Again, point out to me where I said this.

I know exactly what I want Chris. Additionally I am a pretty good judge of character. I can look at someone, how they walk, talk, interact with friends and decide if that person is someone I want to get to know. Just because I see a cute girl doesn't mean that I have to go talk to her. Intuition is a wonderful thing and I try and listen to mine.
Some men are the exact opposite. For them separating the wheat from the chaff involves dating dozens of women, talking to ones they find just the least bit attractive, all for the process of determining what clicks with them. I've already done my field work.

If you're implying that I don't listen to mine then I take offense to that. I wouldn't be where I am (generalization for my life not relating to any specific aspect of it) if I didn't.

However, am I perfect, have it all figured out? Of course not. But I am trying to be at least better.
An endeavor which I have already applauded at least once in this thread.

Once again Chris, you took the time to post that those of us that are not in a relationship are somehow less able/informed to opine on the subject.
I took the time to point out the irony of the situation, not assess a value judgement, call names, or launch a personal attack. I'm using the definition of irony to mean "the opposite of what one might expect" in this case.

For a bright guy I find that the most retarded position to take. We are all single until we find someone to put up with us. How patronizing would it feel if I said the same thing to you prior to your relationship with girlie?
Were you to come at me with the "you're single and thus uninformed and illprepared to comment on the topic," then it's probably seem patronizing, but, I want to make this abundantly clear right now, I AM NOT ASCRIBING ANY KIND OF A VALUE JUDGEMENT TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SINGLE, PEOPLE WHO ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP, OR ANYONE ELSE IN BETWEEN.

Shea, I suck at being single man. Even if you DID say something like that to me, you'd probby be right on b/c it's only by the grace of God that I lucked into a woman as wonderful as Lindsey and certainly no feat of my own skill, knowledge, or attractiveness.

As with my political views, any of my beliefs on men, women, relationships, love, chivalry (or anything else I believe in) is open to debate. I welcome the discussion.
Shea, you always have intelligent and passionate discussions. You present your point elloquently. In this case, however, I ask that you please try to understand that I haven't intentionally insulted anyone. You know that's not a position I usually take and if you read it that way, then perhaps it was a simple case of misunderstanding. I fully respect your right and ability to defend yourself & your beliefs, but I feel that you're perhaps being overly sensistive here and needlessly putting yourself on the offensive. Open discussion is a wonderful thing, but I urge you to take a step back & reflect on what I've said and the intentions that I've explained were behind it and once we've both returned from the defensive, then an open discussion can resume.

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I have to agree with Shea. If you have someone that loves you and you love them. Rejoice. Rejoice for there are many of us that hope, wish and dream of having that special person in our lives. Each one of us has our own funny, silly and sometimes crazy ways to find that special person (drunk dailing doesn't work "wooken pa nub" - mistake number 11).

Because we don't have that special person doesn't make us any less valuable and important as a human being (if anything, it makes more appreciative of the relationship if we are blessed enough to be in one).

I know I made a simple comment yesterday (which I know finding that special person isn't easy - staying with that special person isn't easy - it is hard - it requires something more to keep it alive).

“But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.” William Butler Yeats.

dirkterrell
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Isn't Horsman's quoting of Yeats one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Dirk
Is he one of the four hoursemen of the Apocalypse?? :shocked:

I have to agree with Shea. If you have someone that loves you and you love them. Rejoice. Rejoice for there are many of us that hope, wish and dream of having that special person in our lives. Each one of us has our own funny, silly and sometimes crazy ways to find that special person (drunk dailing doesn't work "wooken pa nub" - mistake number 11).

Because we don't have that special person doesn't make us any less valuable and important as a human being (if anything, it makes more appreciative of the relationship if we are blessed enough to be in one).

I know I made a simple comment yesterday (which I know finding that special person isn't easy - staying with that special person isn't easy - it is hard - it requires something more to keep it alive).

“But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.” William Butler Yeats.
I absolutely agree with you, John, and I never indicated that you were any less valueable for any reason!

Shea
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Chris, shut the hell up and come to HH tonight so I can punch you in the baby-maker...

I hate you so hard right now, I will crush you with my man cleavage!!!!!

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM

Dirk

Not Yet - now if I start quoting (my old Baltimore neighbor) - E. A. POE... Run...

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I've gotta simmah down nah first.

Defending myself for something I didn't do is tiring and very aggrevating but I'll buy you a beer later, Shea.

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Might be after a night of Fireballs... :drink:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z-DEoN3ydt4/SXXqTv116PI/AAAAAAAAAfI/-iwXoq1xJXo/s400/The+Horsemen+Cometh.jpg

the ladies run-eth

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
"The Horsman Cometh" ???????

sounds like a porno that I never want to see...

Shea
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I've gotta simmah down nah first.

Defending myself for something I didn't do is tiring and very aggrevating but I'll buy you a beer later, Shea.

Misunderstandings on both sides. You're ok, I'm ok. Chock it up to interwebz and blame it on Bill Gates...

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
"The Horsman Cometh" ???????

sounds like a porno that I never want to see...

It is Starring Ron Jeremy!!! I know you'll like the HAIR factor...

Shea
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
OK, chivalry...

I know I had read Capellanus' 31 rules a while ago. Here they are:

I. Marriage is no real excuse for not loving.
II. He who is not jealous cannot love.
III. No one can be bound by a double love.
IV. It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing.
V. That which a lover takes against the will of his beloved has no relish.
VI. Boys do not love until they arrive at the age of maturity.
VII. When one lover dies, a widowhood of two years is required of the survivor.
VIII. No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons.
IX. No one can love unless he is impelled by the persuasion of love.
X. Love is always a stranger in the home of avarice.
XI. It is not proper to love any woman whom one would be ashamed to seek to marry.
XII. A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved.
XIII. When made public love rarely endures.
XIV. The easy attainment of love makes it of little value; difficulty of attainment makes it prized.
XV. Every lover regularly turns pale in the presence of his beloved.
XVI. When a lover suddenly catches sight of his beloved, his heart palpitates.
XVII. A new love puts to flight an old one.
XVIII. Good character alone makes any man worthy of love.
XIX. If love diminishes, it quickly fails and rarely revives.
XX. A man in love is always apprehensive.
XXI. Real jealousy always increases the feeling of love.
XXII. Jealousy, and therefore love, are increased when one suspects his beloved.
XXIII. He whom the thought of love vexes eats and sleeps very little.
XXIV. Every act of a lover ends in the thought of his beloved.
XXV. A true lover considers nothing good except what he thinks will please his beloved.
XXVI. Love can deny nothing to love.
XXVII. A lover can never have enough of the solaces of his beloved.
XXVIII. A slight presumption causes a lover to suspect his beloved.
XXIX. A man who is vexed by too much passion usually does not love.
XXX. A true lover is constantly and without intermission possessed by the thought of his beloved.
XXXI. Nothing forbids one woman being loved by two men or one man by two women.

Take what you want from it. These were from the 12th century.

Also, some overarching themes of "the code"

Prowess: To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a knight, martial and otherwise, seeking strength to be used in the service of justice, rather than in personal aggrandizement.

Justice: Seek always the path of 'right', unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Recognize that the sword of justice can be a terrible thing, so it must be tempered by humanity and mercy. If the 'right' you see rings agrees with others, and you seek it out without bending to the temptation for expediency, then you will earn renown beyond measure.

Loyalty: Be known for unwavering commitment to the people and ideals you choose to live by. There are many places where compromise is expected; loyalty is not amongst them.

Defense: The ideal knight was sworn by oath to defend his liege lord and those who depended upon him. Seek always to defend your nation, your family, and those to whom you believe worthy of loyalty.

Courage: Being a knight often means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. Be prepared to make personal sacrifices in service of the precepts and people you value. At the same time, a knight should seek wisdom to see that stupidity and courage are cousins. Courage also means taking the side of truth in all matters, rather than seeking the expedient lie. Seek the truth whenever possible, but remember to temper justice with mercy, or the pure truth can bring grief.

Faith: A knight must have faith in his beliefs, for faith roots him and gives hope against the despair that human failings create.

Humility: Value first the contributions of others; do not boast of your own accomplishments, let others do this for you. Tell the deeds of others before your own, according them the renown rightfully earned through virtuous deeds. In this way the office of knighthood is well done and glorified, helping not only the gentle spoken of but also all who call themselves knights.

Largesse: Be generous in so far as your resources allow; largesse used in this way counters gluttony. It also makes the path of mercy easier to discern when a difficult decision of justice is required.

Nobility: Seek great stature of character by holding to the virtues and duties of a knight, realizing that though the ideals cannot be reached, the quality of striving towards them ennobles the spirit, growing the character from dust towards the heavens. Nobility also has the tendency to influence others, offering a compelling example of what can be done in the service of rightness.

Franchise: Seek to emulate everything I have spoken of as sincerely as possible, not for the reason of personal gain but because it is right. Do not restrict your exploration to a small world, but seek to infuse every aspect of your life with these qualities. Should you succeed in even a tiny measure then you will be well remembered for your quality and virtue.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
It is Starring Ron Jeremy!!! I know you'll like the HAIR factor...
Yeah, 'cause what really makes a porno good to me is the dude's hair factor. :puke:

Snowman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Misunderstandings on both sides. You're ok, I'm ok. Chock it up to interwebz and blame it on Bill Gates...Nope Al Gore has the blame on this one…

Shea
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Nope Al Gore has the blame on this one…

/slapforehead Of course how could I forget his worthless ass!?

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM

I am glad he made the Internet...

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM

/slapforehead Of course how could I forget his worthless ass!?
:imwithstupid:

I'm gonna go to his house, tell him I invented the ass kicking, then turn around and win a nobel prize for it. Which one you ask? The Nobel Ass Kicking prize. That's right. It's so amazing, it gets its own prize. suck it trebek!

zetaetatheta
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mistake number 11--reading this thread:slappers:

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM

You actually read this??? I am printing it out and making a book - I am calling it (WTF). :)

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hay, do you wanna sword fight? 'cause we'll do it!!

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
You actually read this??? I am printing it out and making a book - I am calling it (WTF). :)
It better be a pop-up book, or I'm not reading it DAMINT!!!

Sean
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:38 AM
It better be a pop-up book, or I can't read it DAMINT!!!Fixed :up:

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:38 AM
It better be a pop-up book, or I'm not reading it DAMINT!!!
Actually, I am making it into a POP-up just for you... I know how you like it when shit is flying at your face...
"Monkeyboy" my loyal sidekick...

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Fixed :up:
Hey, pop-ups make books come to life for me, a-hole!

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Fixed :up:
Oh yeah!!!!
:pointlaugh:

The Black Knight
Fri May 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
OK, chivalry...

I know I had read Capellanus' 31 rules a while ago. Here they are:

I. Marriage is no real excuse for not loving.
II. He who is not jealous cannot love.
III. No one can be bound by a double love.
IV. It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing.
V. That which a lover takes against the will of his beloved has no relish.
VI. Boys do not love until they arrive at the age of maturity.
VII. When one lover dies, a widowhood of two years is required of the survivor.
VIII. No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons.
IX. No one can love unless he is impelled by the persuasion of love.
X. Love is always a stranger in the home of avarice.
XI. It is not proper to love any woman whom one would be ashamed to seek to marry.
XII. A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved.
XIII. When made public love rarely endures.
XIV. The easy attainment of love makes it of little value; difficulty of attainment makes it prized.
XV. Every lover regularly turns pale in the presence of his beloved.
XVI. When a lover suddenly catches sight of his beloved, his heart palpitates.
XVII. A new love puts to flight an old one.
XVIII. Good character alone makes any man worthy of love.
XIX. If love diminishes, it quickly fails and rarely revives.
XX. A man in love is always apprehensive.
XXI. Real jealousy always increases the feeling of love.
XXII. Jealousy, and therefore love, are increased when one suspects his beloved.
XXIII. He whom the thought of love vexes eats and sleeps very little.
XXIV. Every act of a lover ends in the thought of his beloved.
XXV. A true lover considers nothing good except what he thinks will please his beloved.
XXVI. Love can deny nothing to love.
XXVII. A lover can never have enough of the solaces of his beloved.
XXVIII. A slight presumption causes a lover to suspect his beloved.
XXIX. A man who is vexed by too much passion usually does not love.
XXX. A true lover is constantly and without intermission possessed by the thought of his beloved.
XXXI. Nothing forbids one woman being loved by two men or one man by two women.

Take what you want from it. These were from the 12th century.

Also, some overarching themes of "The Black Knight's code" :cool:

Prowess: To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a knight, martial and otherwise, seeking strength to be used in the service of justice, rather than in personal aggrandizement. <---Me

Justice: Seek always the path of 'right', unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Recognize that the sword of justice can be a terrible thing, so it must be tempered by humanity and mercy. If the 'right' you see rings agrees with others, and you seek it out without bending to the temptation for expediency, then you will earn renown beyond measure. <---Me

Loyalty: Be known for unwavering commitment to the people and ideals you choose to live by. There are many places where compromise is expected; loyalty is not amongst them. <---Me again

Defense: The ideal knight was sworn by oath to defend his liege lord and those who depended upon him. Seek always to defend your nation, your family, and those to whom you believe worthy of loyalty. <---totally Me

Courage: Being a knight often means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. Be prepared to make personal sacrifices in service of the precepts and people you value. At the same time, a knight should seek wisdom to see that stupidity and courage are cousins. Courage also means taking the side of truth in all matters, rather than seeking the expedient lie. Seek the truth whenever possible, but remember to temper justice with mercy, or the pure truth can bring grief. <---yep me

Faith: A knight must have faith in his beliefs, for faith roots him and gives hope against the despair that human failings create. <---completely me

Humility: Value first the contributions of others; do not boast of your own accomplishments, let others do this for you. Tell the deeds of others before your own, according them the renown rightfully earned through virtuous deeds. In this way the office of knighthood is well done and glorified, helping not only the gentle spoken of but also all who call themselves knights. <---ah yes me

Largesse: Be generous in so far as your resources allow; largesse used in this way counters gluttony. It also makes the path of mercy easier to discern when a difficult decision of justice is required. <---sort of me

Nobility: Seek great stature of character by holding to the virtues and duties of a knight, realizing that though the ideals cannot be reached, the quality of striving towards them ennobles the spirit, growing the character from dust towards the heavens. Nobility also has the tendency to influence others, offering a compelling example of what can be done in the service of rightness. <---very me

Franchise: Seek to emulate everything I have spoken of as sincerely as possible, not for the reason of personal gain but because it is right. Do not restrict your exploration to a small world, but seek to infuse every aspect of your life with these qualities. Should you succeed in even a tiny measure then you will be well remembered for your quality and virtue. <---and me again!!
HAHA all humor aside that's a great post Shea. Very interesting facts and something alot of men could learn from, when you really think about it. 12th Century or not.

dapper
Fri May 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Girls love chivalry.

Chemistry is the simple attraction. Think of this as being 'star struck' for the slower nice guys.

All girls can be good in bed if they want too.

David DeAngelo has some common sense reminders and still miss-leads most folks. Just listening to what girls say will help us.

Internet forums are not the place to get validated...specifically from the opposite sex. That's similar to having Al Gore fly to North Korea and handing over the Noble Peace prize because the North Korean leader was the pioneer of saving electricity (going Green), by flipping the switch at night for the entire country. The South African Leader will admit that AIDs is a hoax before Al Gore pipes up. :lol:

DavidofColorado
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Tag for man and women bashing... desprite crys for love... and nobody noticeing.

My pimp hand is strong and wanted to thank Typist for posting. Thanks man I have been preaching this stuff all along.

jimwallace
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
wow, i took your little love language thing......i knew my top one would be touch but here it is

physical touch 11
quality time 8
words of affirmation 8
acts of service 3
gifts 0

interesting

kawasakirob
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Another mistake guys make, ramming the peter in the wrong hole in the dark.

zetaetatheta
Sat May 16th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Another mistake guys make, ramming the peter in the wrong hole in the dark.

Not really a mistake here--an excuse:hump:

Bueller
Sat May 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Indeed, I started at the end, and skipped all the posts that contain drivel and your post is far back as I am going, thereby avoiding mistake 11