View Full Version : The 6 Greatest Battlefield Mindfucks

dirkterrell
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_17319_6-greatest-battlefield-mindfucks.html

#6 is awesome. :)

Dirk

Devaclis
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
WHY would they block an awesome site like Cracked.com at my work but leave msnbc.com and foxnews.com open?

Jerks!!

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
WHY would they block an awesome site like Cracked.com at my work but leave msnbc.com and foxnews.com open?

Jerks!!

mine said:

Your page is blocked due to a security policy that prohibits access to Category Violence & people like Dana

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
lol, never underestimate the power of one guy and a lute.

hehe, good stuff. Yeah the Tet Offensive was a massive military failure for the Viet Cong (broke them as an effective fighting force) but it still is seen as a victory for them. But given the revisionist history of the war (still called Nixon's war for some stupid reason) it's no surprise. All war is total and includes not just your forces on the ground but the hearts and minds of your populace back home.

Sean
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Jerks!!:imwithstupid: :banghead:

Wyck
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hahaha mine is blocked for tasteless and offensive :)

MetaLord 9
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
It's nice to be the internet marketing guy 'cuase I get full access for my "job!"

Snowman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I like the exploits of Jasper the Great in WW2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Maskelyne)...

Fly boy
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
blocked for:

Webfilter Category: Social Networking;Humor/Jokes

dirkterrell
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Hahaha mine is blocked for tasteless and offensive :)

But you can still see Dana's posts?!?!?!

I like the exploits of Jasper the Great in WW2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Maskelyne)...

Yeah, the Brits played some serious mind games with the Germans in WWII.

John Mosby, aka the Gray Ghost, was a character along these lines in the Civil War, seriously messing with the minds of some of the Union generals. I read a book about him years ago called something like "Mosby's Confederacy" that was very entertaining.

Dirk

Jason ON
Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Note: When going to war, don't take religion.

The Battle of Pelusium in 525 B.C. was a mindfluck of godly proportions. Literally.

Egypt was being invaded by the Persians, lead by Cambyses II. At the time, Egypt was at the zenith of their wealth and power. They also were at their most zealous for their religious beliefs, based around a variety of animals they considered holy. The Egyptians remained convinced that their gods would continue to shower good fortune upon them so long as they were treated with due respect and awe.

Cambyses knew this, so he brought along to Egypt a zoo's compendium of every animal they thought was holy. He also painted the image of the Egyptian feline goddess, Bastet, on the shields of his soldiers. The result was that during the battle, many of the Egyptian soldiers refused to fight back lest they strike the holy image, bringing the wrath of Bastet upon them.

After dealing the hesitant Egyptians a resounding defeat, Cambyses pursued them to the fortress of Pelusium. Unwilling to deal with a protracted siege, and to amuse himself, Cambyses decided to release a wave of cats to charge at the fort. This prevented the soldiers from shooting arrows at the advancing Persian army, for fear of hitting the sacred cats. The Egyptians were so concerned with the vengeful hands of their gods that they ignored the ones swinging scimitars right at their faces.

The victory ushered the end of Egyptian sovereignty for centuries to come. It was annexed to Persia and then tossed back and forth between different empires before ultimately falling into the hands of the Romans. As if all that wasn't enough, when he won Cambyses laughed and hurled cats at the faces of his defeated foes. No, Seriously.

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
The Celts had a fighting season (a bit like the football season), which lasted during the spring and summer months. As the season got nearer the men sharpened their spears and polished their shields.

They painted their bodies with magical, swirling patterns using a blue dye called woad. They washed their hair with clay and water which made it stand up in spikes! Many of the battles were fought between local tribes over land or stolen cattle. They did this naked.

Before the fight each side shouted insults at the other and boasted of their bravery(like the CSC forums). They sung battle songs and shouted war cries whilst the boar-headed carnyx or war horn was blown loudly(chant about their bikes).
Horses and chariots stirred up dust, adding to the chaos. All the while the men drank beer and got drunk(at Boston's, the Toad, Alibis, etc). The whole idea was to terrify the enemy before the fight. At last the warriors lined up and charged their enemy, throwing spears and slashing with their swords. As the enemy fled the warriors chased them until it grew dark. The winning side would take cattle, motorcycles, babes and gold from their enemies, as well as captives to be used as slaves or as employees in large corporations. The greatest prize of all was the head of a brave warrior! No, Seriously.

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
The Celts had a fighting season (a bit like the football season), which lasted during the spring and summer months. As the season got nearer the men sharpened their spears and polished their shields.

They painted their bodies with magical, swirling patterns using a blue dye called woad. They washed their hair with clay and water which made it stand up in spikes! Many of the battles were fought between local tribes over land or stolen cattle. They did this naked.

Before the fight each side shouted insults at the other and boasted of their bravery(like the CSC forums). They sung battle songs and shouted war cries whilst the boar-headed carnyx or war horn was blown loudly(chant about their bikes).
Horses and chariots stirred up dust, adding to the chaos. All the while the men drank beer and got drunk(at Boston's, the Toad, Alibis, etc). The whole idea was to terrify the enemy before the fight. At last the warriors lined up and charged their enemy, throwing spears and slashing with their swords. As the enemy fled the warriors chased them until it grew dark. The winning side would take cattle, motorcycles, babes and gold from their enemies, as well as captives to be used as slaves or as employees in large corporations. The greatest prize of all was the head of a brave warrior! No, Seriously.

So it's like Bike Night?

dm_gsxr
Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Access Denied

System security policy has denied access to the requested URL.

If you believe you have a need to access this site (http://www.cracked.com/article_17319_6-greatest-battlefield-mindfucks.html), please open a helpdesk request to Information Security (INFO SEC). Please include the below information and your reason for the requested access.

Requested URL: http://www.cracked.com/article_17319_6-greatest-battlefield-mindfucks.html
Content Catagory: Social Networking;Humor/Jokes

Your request was categorized by Blue Coat Web Filter as 'Social Networking;Humor/Jokes'.

:rolleyes:

rforsythe
Thu May 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Also a good one...

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

Horsman
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
So it's like Bike Night?

Yup Bike Night!!!
http://www.daddyfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sandy.jpg

Shea
Thu May 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yup Bike Night!!!

Those bikers...they scare easily but they'll soon be back. And in greater numbers!