PDA

View Full Version : ***LAGUNA SECA CONVOY***

sprtbkbabe
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 01:53 PM
OK, I'm starting plans early for July this year. (Helps since the races are gonna be hella busy and think I just got the last camping spot, p'rly on a cliff :x )

Who's joining the Convoy?

I'm leaving before July 4th with my dogs and a three bike trailer (have room for two more bikes..... unless anyone would be kind enough to loan a sista an enclosed trailer....????????? :yes: )

Who's going???

BenFolds5
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM
OOOOOHHHHH!! I've never been to Laguna and have always wanted to go! Tried to go a couple years ago, but had to back out. How long of a trip are you planning?

Anonymous
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Donna and I are going for sure! I think we're leaving the 6th however, I can't afford that much time off work with other trips we're doing and I won't have a street bike then anyway. Can't exactly take the racebike down PCH. ;)

Now I just wish I could remember what friggen hotel I made reservations at. Some member here sent me the info, I called them, and wrote it down at my last job - I have no idea where that paper went. *sigh*

sprtbkbabe
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I'm making it a worthwhile trip, should be heading back right after the races, Sunday the 10th.

I'm dying to ride Hwy 9 again!!!! This time not on a 996, in the rain!!! My prili will be fun!!!

So, join in, in the coming months, if you can work it out. The more the merrier!! :P

BenFolds5
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Now I just wish I could remember what friggen hotel I made reservations at. Some member here sent me the info, I called them, and wrote it down at my last job - I have no idea where that paper went. *sigh*

That's classic :lol:

For anyone else that might be interested I just checked Laguna-Seca's site and the only tickets left are general admission.

$15 Friday General Admission
$40 Saturday General Admission
$55 Sunday General Admission
$75 2-Day General Admission (Sat/Sun)
$90 3-Day General Admission (Fri/Sat/Sun)

friscokidd
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:11 PM
When is this laguna thing you speak of and what are the details???

sprtbkbabe
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM

:roll:

Anonymous
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:35 PM

:slap:

BenFolds5
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I may be up for making the trip, but I won't be able to leave as early as you, sprtbkbabe. If anyone else is considering it, I might be able to get away by July 8th... It kinda depends on what my wife says :oops:

sprtbkbabe
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Ain't no thing if you just want to meet up at the event. I think a CSC party is in order... Cali style at the races with everyone who shows up!!!

:headbang:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Monterey for seafood :D

Ripper
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet,might go out earlier.. if that changes I'll be down, if not we'll have to meet up out there and represent... :bananna: were pulling 4 bikes out there, and will be camping on corner 9

I have an extra ticket,
anyone???

BTW I don't think pets are allowed at Laguna

purevol
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 06:11 PM
im going!

Bashed
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
My wife and I are going with a few friends.
She will be driving the chase truck as the "boys"
will be riding.We will be leaving on the 4th or 5th
and coming the monday after the races.Basicly
a tuesday to tuesday trip.We have done this trip
on several occations and found this works very well.
The route has not yet been finalized but we usually
stick to the two laners which makes the riding more
enjoyable.We will be in Salinas this year for sleeping
but will definately be down on the Row for friday/saturday
night.See you there.
Late Bash

Anonymous
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM
We'll be down for a CSC gathering somewhere. If someone is going to be in a semi-permanent location within visibility of the track, maybe we can swing getting you the CSC banner to hang somewhere prominent.

We definitely gotta party it up!

thaitanic
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 10:23 PM
hey, can i go?

Brizz
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 10:30 PM
“Yeah, Breaker 19 this here's the Hog, Yucon you got your ears on?
Ah yeah 10-4 gaspig fer sure fer sure by golly on a B-line to the Galleria, come on.
That's a big 10-4 good buddy. I got an eyeball on your Expedition and I'm 4x4
Ah roger that Navigator, not a hugger in sight, mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy!”

It was hot and hazy in a metro town, the sun was blistering tar.
Gray sky blowin in a Smog Alert and you can't see very far.
She was headed to the mall on the boulevard bout a mile out of Rumson town.
I said gaspig this here's a Expedition I'm about to put the hammer down.

Cause we got a luxury convoy, rollin on into town
Yeah we got gaspig convoy gonna make the air a little bit brown
Come on and join our convoy, there ain't nothin that the world can say
We're gonna roll this shoppin convoy cross the USA
Convoy......... convoy

“Got a breaker gaspig this here's the Mountaineer and ah you wanna roll on up I-405?
10-4 roger about five miles or so ten roger got a sig-alert and it's getting intense up here.”

By the time we got to Newport town we had 85 trucks and all.
But there's a buncha tree huggers in pesky sedans and they were blockin our way to the mall.
Yeah them huggers were thick like the bugs on a bumper and the pace was beginning to choke,
I said callin all trucks this here's the Pig and we're about to kick up some smoke.

Convoy......... convoy

“Ah you wanna give me a 10-5 mpg on that there gas pig?
Negatory – Land Rover your rhino package is half a grand and you're getting 9-12 at best.”

Well we rolled up interstate 405 in a blatant disregard
Troopers Explorers and Escalades, leather bucket seats filled with lard
By the time we got to downtown them huggers was getting smart
They brought in fuel efficient machines like aerodynamic art.
There was hybrids electrics n station wagons and hydro powered sedans
With hot performance and a lower CG, but to me they're a buncha tin cans.
Well we shot the line and we went for broke with a thousand family trucks
Cause the earth is nice, but we're rollin the dice and we're hopin for some luck 10-4

“Uh yeah, breaker breaker this here's Avalanche I think I may have picked up a civic back there, come on.
Ah for sure for sure good buddy and there ain't much of it left. You're carryin some on the grill 10 roger, but its bound to fall off real soon.”

We were Yucons Suburbans n giant Sequoias, 4 Runners and all a them trucks.
Sierras n Rams n F-250s all rollin with a mocha Starbucks.
Well them huggers were buzzin and zoomin around like flies in the eyes of a cow
And when we hit the corner 40 trucks rolled over, but we ain't gonna stop right now.
I said callin all trucks, this here's the hog put the peddle to the medal and go
An they can eat my fumes cause we need the room, I say let them truckers roll. 10-4!

Cause we got a mighty convoy, rockin to your town
Yeah we got guzzling convoy gonna make the air a whole lot brown
Convoy......... convoy

Jessi
Wed Feb 9th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I have an extra ticket,
anyone???

:( nice
I'll buy it from ya.

sprtbkbabe
Wed Feb 9th, 2005, 11:05 AM
“Yeah, Breaker 19 this here's the Hog, Yucon you got your ears on?

Ah yeah 10-4 gaspig fer sure fer sure by golly on a B-line to the Galleria, come on.

That's a big 10-4 good buddy. I got an eyeball on your Expedition and I'm 4x4

Ah roger that Navigator, not a hugger in sight, mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy!”

It was hot and hazy in a metro town, the sun was blistering tar.

Gray sky blowin in a Smog Alert and you can't see very far.

She was headed to the mall on the boulevard bout a mile out of Rumson town.

I said gaspig this here's a Expedition I'm about to put the hammer down.

Convoy......... convoy

“Got a breaker gaspig this here's the Mountaineer and ah you wanna roll on up I-405?

10-4 roger about five miles or so ten roger got a sig-alert and it's getting intense up here.”

By the time we got to Newport town we had 85 trucks and all.

But there's a buncha tree huggers in pesky sedans and they were blockin our way to the mall.

Yeah them huggers were thick like the bugs on a bumper and the pace was beginning to choke,

I said callin all trucks this here's the Pig and we're about to kick up some smoke.

Convoy......... convoy

“Ah you wanna give me a 10-5 mpg on that there gas pig?

Negatory – Land Rover your rhino package is half a grand and you're getting 9-12 at best.”

Well we rolled up interstate 405 in a blatant disregard

Troopers Explorers and Escalades, leather bucket seats filled with lard

By the time we got to downtown them huggers was getting smart

They brought in fuel efficient machines like aerodynamic art.

There was hybrids electrics n station wagons and hydro powered sedans

With hot performance and a lower CG, but to me they're a buncha tin cans.

Well we shot the line and we went for broke with a thousand family trucks

Cause the earth is nice, but we're rollin the dice and we're hopin for some luck 10-4

“Uh yeah, breaker breaker this here's Avalanche I think I may have picked up a civic back there, come on.

Ah for sure for sure good buddy and there ain't much of it left. You're carryin some on the grill 10 roger, but its bound to fall off real soon.”

We were Yucons Suburbans n giant Sequoias, 4 Runners and all a them trucks.

Sierras n Rams n F-250s all rollin with a mocha Starbucks.

Well them huggers were buzzin and zoomin around like flies in the eyes of a cow

And when we hit the corner 40 trucks rolled over, but we ain't gonna stop right now.

I said callin all trucks, this here's the hog put the peddle to the medal and go

An they can eat my fumes cause we need the room, I say let them truckers roll. 10-4!

Cause we got a mighty convoy, rockin to your town

Yeah we got guzzling convoy gonna make the air a whole lot brown

Convoy......... convoy

:spit:

Ripper, doggies get to hang at the luxurious Santa Cruz kennel for 3 opulent nights :lol:

Ripper
Wed Feb 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
opulent huh, sounds nice 8)

Brizz
Wed Feb 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Sorry Sporty it was the first thing to come to mind when i saw teh word "convoy"

Vampire
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Count me in... I will be there the 7th - 11th

cheers

Nbot
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Me and the missus are getting married on the 8th, and flying out there asap to do sat & sun (gen adm on sat and then Turn 11 on Sun). Nice way to start a honeymoon huh!? Can't wait............... 8)

Suki
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Whoopeee we were just talking about it today!!

Going to try and be there the 6th through the 11th (weds through mon)

who's got their tix and stuff yet?

Not sure how it all works out (as far as seating), but it'd be cool if we all got our tix so that we are in the general area of eachother and get hotels that are close too.. for the CSC Gathering of course!!

Lets get this ball a rollin people!!!

highside
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM
highside and Orygun crew roll'n like a set o tires the 6-11th!

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Whoopeee we were just talking about it today!!

who's got their tix and stuff yet?

Not sure how it all works out (as far as seating), but it'd be cool if we all got our tix so that we are in the general area of eachother and get hotels that are close too.. for the CSC Gathering of course!!

Lets get this ball a rollin people!!!

Only tickets still available are General Admission and Turn 11 Grandstand seats for Saturday only- http://www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets/index.cfm?Fuseaction=ViewTickets&EventID=6
Kristina- I will probably have 2 GA tickets with Turn 4 Grandstand seats for Sat and Sun for sale soon.

Chanda
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I havn't been to Laguna in years.. Last time I went it was all guys... It was fun though..

:D
Put me down for 1

Rick T.
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Ok, I may not be going with my family this year. But if any of you have room for me, I'd be glad to pitch in for gas/accomodations/driving etc.

I haven't purchased the tickets yet because I wasn't planning on making it this year, but I just CAN'T bear missing the return of GP racing to our shores!! I'd like to go and got the thumbs up from the wife already...

Lemme know if I can join any of you. What a GREAT party it will be! :)

sprtbkbabe
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, knew the Corkscrew was going first. But, that's ok, the best really is above turn 2, 'cuz you see all over turn 3 and up 4.

I'll be camping in one of the groundspaces, so if anyone wants to meet up....!!!

When it gets closer, we'll see about working out a meet spot.

Rick T.
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, knew the Corkscrew was going first. But, that's ok, the best really is above turn 2, 'cuz you see all over turn 3 and up 4.

I'll be camping in one of the groundspaces, so if anyone wants to meet up....!!!

When it gets closer, we'll see about working out a meet spot.

Anymore room on your trailer? Two Milles on there would look sweet... :)

But I have to go with you... :idea:

Suki
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Jimmy let me know about the two tickets!!

Rick, if we can go, wait.. when we go, we are going to fly down to LA and kick with my mom for a day or so and then drive up and stay in a hotel for sat night....

Does anyone have relatives there that we can all just kinda take over their houses? i mean, come on!

Rick T.
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Rick, if we can go, wait.. when we go, we are going to fly down to LA and kick with my mom for a day or so and then drive up and stay in a hotel for sat night....

Does anyone have relatives there that we can all just kinda take over their houses? i mean, come on!

Who going with you? I was hoping to hook up with someone and drive there - bikes in tow. I wanted to ride while in Cali... Hwy 1 down to Morro Bay is fun!

Suki
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:18 PM
alan and i are flying out, chanda may be flying with also. then getting either a rental or taking my mom's car up there and riding that back down to LA monday.

Also going to try and hook up with my friend Chad (highside) and his boys, but they are driving there from Oregon...

I'd love to take the bike out there.. but i'm afraid that i'd rather just fly than be stuck in a car with alan and you for x amount of hours, hahah.. i'm kidding.

Anonymous
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 06:46 PM
We just booked airline tickets out there. With the rental car included, it wasn't much more than what it'd have cost in gas to drive out there, so we figured a two and a half hour flight and a little extra cost is better than a 20 hour drive each way.

Plus ... rental car! :crazy:

Wahooman
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I just got 2 seats from out Parts Unlimited Rep!! :bananna: All access each day! Guess I will be in turn 5 (Parts Unlimited has this corner from what he says) Now if I can just get out there! I hope I can make this work. Might see some of you out there or on the plane? What day is everyone flying out?

S2RGRL
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Hopefully if things work out, I'll be there too! :) Highway 1 Rick! I'm in!

AshliRider44
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hoopty and I will be driving... hopefully we can meet up with you (Sprtbkbabe) at the campsite :eyebrows:??? I am hoping to get at least Monday off too, otherwise we will either miss Sunday or not be going.. well me at least LOL ... Hey were they cheaper for you Wahooman??

hmmm... anyone know what the airline tickets are going for... just found out its a no go for any days off... so its either fly out there or miss the races

Wahooman
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Hey were they cheaper for you Wahooman??

hmmmm.....I guess.........FREE!!!!!! :D

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 06:14 AM

Who going with you? I was hoping to hook up with someone and drive there - bikes in tow. I wanted to ride while in Cali... Hwy 1 down to Morro Bay is fun!
Rick, I plan to haul the 01 out there. Jacki wants to fly out so I'm going to be looking for a co-driver. We can get two Milles in my trailer. Let me know.

I wasn't sure about the time off so I didn't buy tickets. I'm searching for a paddock pass and reserved seating tickets. Either one or two will work.

S2RGRL
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Hubby is undecided about Cali or Laguna Seca this year. He did give me a "go" signal to go if I can hitch a ride with someone. Hopefully we can work something out...I surely don't wanna miss out on this one :)

Rick T.
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 07:02 AM

Rick, I plan to haul the 01 out there. Jacki wants to fly out so I'm going to be looking for a co-driver. We can get two Milles in my trailer. Let me know.

I wasn't sure about the time off so I didn't buy tickets. I'm searching for a paddock pass and reserved seating tickets. Either one or two will work.

Mike,
I'm in! Reserve that space for me. I'll split all expenses and driving. Do you have accomodations yet? If not, we should try the Super 8 Motel in Seaside or the Motel 6 in Salinas. We should figure that ASAP as rooms are probably close to being all booked up. Let me know!

We are gonna have a blast!

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Jacki has friends in San Jose that we'll probably stay at. Should be OK for you too. I'll have her check it out with her friends. They're great people.

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Mike,
I'm in! Reserve that space for me. I'll split all expenses and driving. Do you have accomodations yet? If not, we should try the Super 8 Motel in Seaside or the Motel 6 in Salinas. We should figure that ASAP as rooms are probably close to being all booked up. Let me know!

We are gonna have a blast!

There are NO rooms avail, at least since Dec when I last tried. The ones that are left are like, $300/night. :o That's why camping on Sat night was the only option. I found a really nice place for 3 nights before in Santa Cruz, but think I lucked out as it's affordable. You all are more than welcome in crashing there or hanging at the campsite!!

Those who go, PM me about then and we can exchange mobile #'s!!!

****Would LOVE for you guys to drive out w/me. Might be safer...

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Oh! And I've got some walkie talkies for chit-chat along the way.. :P

Suki
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Okay looks like we are going to try and get tickets to fly out thursday morning and chill in LA for a couple days, get a rental or take my mom's car and head down there maybe friday.. looking into the camp grounds now...

Sprtbkbabe, where are you camping out at? i've never been so i don't know how the lay out is.. do they have showers there?

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Sprtbkbabe, where are you camping out at? i've never been so i don't know how the lay out is.. do they have showers there?

I've been there and took CA Superbike there, but don't know where the 2 campgrounds are. I'll find out before I go, I'm sure. But, we can keep in touch before we all go!

Suki
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks chica!!! i just looked online and the one that is left for a two day, fri and sat night, is at Toro Park??? not sure if that helps any

i'm gonna get the gen. admission tickets and the camping tonight when i get home.

Rick T.
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks chica!!! i just looked online and the one that is left for a two day, fri and sat night, is at Toro Park??? not sure if that helps any

i'm gonna get the gen. admission tickets and the camping tonight when i get home.

Toro Park is not "on" Laguna Seca grounds, but its just minutes away - nice camp grounds. I use to mountain bike on both sides of Toro Park - usually the Laguna Seca side. Would head up the fire roads to the track and watch the bikes/cars do laps, then blast down.

For you who've never been - Laguna Seca gets freakin' HOT during the day, then temperatures drop drastically for the evening festivities on Cannery Row - be prepared. Hell, we're from Colorado - it should be NO problem!

Man we are gonna Partay!!!

My wife's family is from that area so I have a place to stay... :D

S2RGRL
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 07:44 PM
cannery row is awesome, you will have a great time Suki :)

Suki
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 08:06 PM
well um aren't we all meeting up for some partying???

is it like the desert? are there jackalopes and stuff?

oh man.. i'll have to bring a ton of water and sunblock or else this porcelain white china doll is gonna look like a sun riped tomato!!!

:cry: i hate the sun!!! someone give me a bottle of jaeger!

so on that note.. WHERE'S THE PARTY AT?????

S2RGRL
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 09:57 PM
:cry: i hate the sun!!! someone give me a bottle of jaeger!

so on that note.. WHERE'S THE PARTY AT?????

ummmm....on Cannery Row! :D

friscokidd
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 02:52 PM
is it like the desert? are there jackalopes and stuff?

:shock: Jackalopes, Im afraid of those things, they are creepy :lol: Oh and we ARE going to meet up for the partying right???

Dysco
Thu May 26th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Anyone driving down and camping? I'd like to see if I could get someone to bring a little gear down for me. I'll be camping and cornerworking the whole weekend. I'd also like to figure out if I can hook up with anyone for dinner because I'll have no transportation- give me a campstove and I can make you a feast.

Rick T.
Thu May 26th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately, because of my move in October, I have to cancel my July trip. Instead, we will be heading to California in September to secure a house, then leaving Colorado for good on October 11th...

Have fun guys!! I know I'll see you every year at Laguna Seca starting next year... :)

ebazyl
Thu May 26th, 2005, 07:53 AM
I am taking the 350 with my 20' tailer. At the moment I only have 2 bikes going so I might have some room for bikes/gear if you guys wanna pitch in for gas.

AshliRider44
Thu May 26th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Are you towing mine and Hooptys still?? :idea:

ebazyl
Thu May 26th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Are you towing mine and Hooptys still?? :idea:

:lol: Oh yeah...4 bikes going to Laguna :D

Hoopty
Thu May 26th, 2005, 08:34 AM
:D

ebazyl
Thu May 26th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I probably have room for 1-2 more to put the bed of the truck. :shock:

PiercedDuc
Thu May 26th, 2005, 08:59 AM
MMmm, laguna :yumyum: is it july yet??

sprtbkbabe
Thu May 26th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Anyone driving down and camping? I'd like to see if I could get someone to bring a little gear down for me. I'll be camping and cornerworking the whole weekend. I'd also like to figure out if I can hook up with anyone for dinner because I'll have no transportation- give me a campstove and I can make you a feast.

Dysco- I'll be camping out in in the Jeep in Toro Park Sat night, the 9th. Bring food by, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! :) :lol: :lol: :) :D :D :D :D

Dysco
Thu May 26th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Dysco- I'll be camping out in in the Jeep in Toro Park Sat night, the 9th. Bring food by, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! :) :lol: :lol: :) :D :D :D :D

On Saturday, the corner crew gets free dinner... I'll slip something into my pocket for ya ;)

sprtbkbabe
Thu May 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM

On Saturday, the corner crew gets free dinner... I'll slip something into my pocket for ya ;)

:yumyum:

scud
Thu May 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I'll be riding my VFR to Laguna on the 5th or 6th of July. I'm figuring it'll just be a high-speed superslab run out there, but some company would be cool. I'm camping on Fox Hill all three days, and my bro in Seattle should be bringing the grill and all the beer his pickup can carry.

Lemme know where and when the CSC meetup/camp is and I'll be there.

Suki
Thu May 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
OYE!!! we have saturday night at Toro Park as well!!!

~Barn~
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I know we talked about space for the bike Gene, so let me know if that "truck bed" spots are still go or not.

Or better yet, if anybody has some trailer space?... I'll pay a "safe transport" fee. :D

Also... Anybody got a Gen-Ad ticket that they are needing to get rid of?

Anonymous
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I will have two tickets for sale, Barn. I "upgraded".

Lemme see what I paid for them, since I have no idea anymore. I'd prefer to sell them both at once if at all possible - think you could find a friend to go too?

~Barn~
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I don't know about finding a friend to go, but I don't think that selling it would be a major issue either. I could try and get rid of it for you, at the track.

Keyser Soze
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I need tix too...maybe me and Barn could get them? Are they the 3 day gen admission?

RSVR4aCowboy
Sat May 28th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Lou... Looks like I'm out for the trip. Our house is under contract and we are under contract on the one we are buying. We're supposed to close the 13th of June so I have to move my vacation up for the move so I won't be going to Seca :x :cry: :cry:

S2RGRL
Sat May 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Lou... Looks like I'm out for the trip. Our house is under contract and we are under contract on the one we are buying. We're supposed to close the 13th of June so I have to move my vacation up for the move so I won't be going to Seca :x :cry: :cry:

Its okay, not going to be possible for me either...have plans for a bigger trip to Cali later...possibly movin. So we can all plan on it next year instead. :D Besides, buying a new house is much more important for you at this point :) gotta take care of business, right.

Anonymous
Sat May 28th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I need tix too...maybe me and Barn could get them? Are they the 3 day gen admission?

Yeah, these are the full 3 days. They do not include pit access (hence my upgrade, I can't go to races without that!) but you will still get to see the show. I will find the receipt and figure out what section I got them in. Like everyone else, I don't have the physical tix yet, but expect to soon.

Wahooman
Sat May 28th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I am going for sure now. Got my tickets and planning on travel now. Of course I already cancelled my nice hotel that was .3 miles from the track....so searching now for something not 200 miles away and under $300.00 a night....any ideas out there?

purevol
Sun May 29th, 2005, 12:24 AM
im still on the fence about driving 1500 miles - i may just fly! ive been to the gp in mugello, this will be nowhere the same sized party. laguna people are like quiet time at 7:30pm. if i do decide to drive, its a place to sleep with bikes locked up on the outside.

Anonymous
Sun May 29th, 2005, 05:05 AM
I am going for sure now. Got my tickets and planning on travel now. Of course I already cancelled my nice hotel that was .3 miles from the track....so searching now for something not 200 miles away and under $300.00 a night....any ideas out there?

Unsure... I got a hotel in Salinas two days after the dates were announced and that was about as close as I could get. (Good news tho, I think I figured out which hotel I made reservations at! :shock: ) Just try the nearby communities and keep calling, there are lots of hotels besides major chains and you could get lucky with a cancellation. A lot of time has passed between then and now.

PiercedDuc
Sun May 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I was able to get an upgrade (yay ebay) so I have a 2 day (Sat/Sun) general admission ticket for sale. Since they're still available to buy online, I'll drop it $10 lower for a quick sale. I paid $80 (including the $5 shipping charge), I'm selling it for $70. Any takers?

~Barn~
Sun May 29th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'll take that from ya, Alex. =)

sprtbkbabe
Sun May 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Since Alex and I both upgraded with Paddocks, I've got 1 Gen admission for both days Sat & Sun for $70 bucks.

Those who ordered way back (I bought mine in Dec '04) are getting their tix mailed 3-4 weeks before the event. I'll be getting mine in a few days, Laguna has promised.

I'll sell it on E-Bay for full price, otherwise.

Siobhan

Wahooman
Sun May 29th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I reserved one in King City.....south of the track like 50 miles. To me its no big deal and only $42 a night compared to the $$ near the track. I will keep checking on closer spots. The Hilton I had reserved using my Hilton points was a SWEET place and assume with it being only .3 miles to the track racers might be staying there....it was a 5 star hotel i think. Oh well at least I am going and have a full access pass and free food and drink all 4 days!!!!!

Rick T.
Sun May 29th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Curtis,
King City is FAR bro... pain in the ass to ride/drive down from Monterey for the night. Seriously. Check Motel 6 in Salinas or Super 8 in Salinas and Marina... they have several and should have room.

I'm from there and can tell you King City is just too inconvenient...

Good luck.

Wahooman
Sun May 29th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I realized it was a long way....mapquested it. I will check again, but even went to Motel 6 and Super 8 and no rooms were availabe and the rates were crazy. Maybe I will try calling them directly. Might have something else in the works too! If anyone finds anything or hears of anything let me know.

Filo
Tue May 31st, 2005, 04:17 PM
As I am unable to keep track of who has space and who doesn't....

Does anyone have space for 2 street bikes going to Laguna? I will help out with gas and that sort of nonsense. I am flying in on Thursday and the other bike owner will be in on Tuesday. Anyone, anyone,...?

Also, are there any plans for the CSC folks to get togther yet? Or is it just a "Show up on Cannery Row Friday night" kind of thing?

Anonymous
Tue May 31st, 2005, 04:56 PM
I'd love to get everyone from CSC together out there... Does anyone know the area well enough to coordinate that?

Filo
Tue May 31st, 2005, 05:20 PM
Well, there is always the patio in front of Bubba Gumps for a meeting place. Of course, you have to get past the 400 other people at Bubbda Gumps too. There is the dock area down by the aquarium too, but that is a bit of a way from Cannery Row. The parking lot at the south east edge of Cannery Row is another one (sorry, no Shell Station there :lol: ) Or there are places at the track and the AMA hotel in Seaside. I guess it depends on when you want to meet and what you want to do next (eat, ride, drink)

Anonymous
Tue May 31st, 2005, 05:22 PM
Well, I also will not have a bike (unless someone feels like giving me one for the duration of my stay there), so I'm more looking for the food/party thing.

~Barn~
Tue May 31st, 2005, 05:37 PM
I would like to make the 90 or so mile ride down "The 1" out to Hurst Castle sometime on Friday. If you've never done this stretch, it is freaking awe inspiring. Back in '02, I did it by myself while I was out for the AMA's. I'd love to have some company this time!

MiniNC35Grl
Tue May 31st, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'd love to get everyone from CSC together out there... Does anyone know the area well enough to coordinate that?

Thundercat & I will be heading down to Monterey on Friday morning. Our hotel isn't on Cannery Row...IIRC it's about 3 miles away. Anyway...would everyone be down to set 2-way radios to a certain channel??? That's what we used to do with BARF and it worked pretty well to get people to one area.

Oh, and a few years ago we found a shanti motel in Monterey a few weeks before the races. It was called the Surf Inn...it sucks and it's $$ ($175/night I think) but it's only a few miles from the craziness of Cannery Row. 8)

Wahooman
Tue May 31st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Alright looks like I will just drive a ways to the races.......heck driving for an hour is worth more than paying $180-250 bucks a night. That is just plain crazy. Definetely will hook up with everyone and have radios I can take as well. Driving out Wed. night after work...going straight through and arriving Thursday night.

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Bummer we couldn't get a group place to stay at a beach house close by for $200-$400 a night sleeping 2-8, or more:

http://www.cyberrentals.com/CA/WestCAMB.html

I'll be up for any place to meet up. Although, it will be madness on the boardwalk, so I won't get the bike anyway near there :crazy:

:idea: *******Might I suggest two-way radios and we can all get on the same frequency?********* Nice one MiniNC!

That way we don't rack up cell charges

Anonymous
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
I have two of those radios. Someone pick a channel and a code! (And an alternate or two, in case it's in use...)

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:58 AM
I have two of those radios. Someone pick a channel and a code! (And an alternate or two, in case it's in use...)

:up:

7/21 is a good one

...and if you plan on buying two-ways, they're about $30bucks @ Circuit City for the 5-6 mile ranges (better!)

~Barn~
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
My Motorola Talk-About can do channel:7 sub-channel:21, but not all radios have that many sub-channels (or possibly even channels for that matter).

Granted you can always put it on channel:7 sub-channel:0 and just listen to everything on 7.

As a backup to 7/21 (and for people who don't have sophisticated 2ways) we should probably use channel:1 sub-channel:1

It's typically not very crowded with heavy use, since most "group users" would never think to go there. :dunno:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 12:54 PM
My Motorola Talk-About can do channel:7 sub-channel:21, but not all radios have that many sub-channels (or possibly even channels for that matter).

Granted you can always put it on channel:7 sub-channel:0 and just listen to everything on 7.

As a backup to 7/21 (and for people who don't have sophisticated 2ways) we should probably use channel:1 sub-channel:1

It's typically not very crowded with heavy use, since most "group users" would never think to go there. :dunno:

I like it! Now I have to find my damn 2 ways somewhere :think:

Filo
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM

What, do I need a PhD to figure out what the f*&k you guys are talking about? My little two ways have just one channel that goes to something like 14 (the Moto T5320). I guess I am just inadequate and won't be able to play with y'all at Laguna (sniff, sniff). I guess I will just have to hang out with the Fast Dates calendar girls again... :) Oh well.

~Barn~
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 02:29 PM
Sounds to me that you have 14 channels there Filo. Just no "sub" channels.

If you throw it on 1, then you will hear all of what is on 1. Same with 2 through 14.

It'll clutter what you hear and don't hear, but you'll hear everything on that channel, all the same. :up:

Big-J
Wed Jun 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM
So when is everyone leaving?? I din't wanna read through 4 pages! :oops:

I will be leaving on the 5th when the clock strikes midnight or around that time!! It's gong to be a long drive and I wanted to get thurr with enough time to hang out, I have to be at the track by Thursday morning (Working with Dunlop)!
Anyone else heading out around the same time?

Filo
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 09:55 AM
So when is everyone leaving?? I din't wanna read through 4 pages! :oops:

I will be leaving on the 5th when the clock strikes midnight or around that time!! It's gong to be a long drive and I wanted to get thurr with enough time to hang out, I have to be at the track by Thursday morning (Working with Dunlop)!
Anyone else heading out around the same time?

I am flying out Wednesday night and will be at the track Thursday morning. How I get from San Jose to the track... I have no idea. Anyone else going out Wednesday night who wants to give me a ride to Monterey? I get in at 9:48pm. I am staying in the Mariposa in Monterey if anyone cares...

Sounds to me that you have 14 channels there Filo. Just no "sub" channels.

Hey, have we chose an channell/sub channel? It turns out my in-laws have the sub channel type, so I can use any frequency y'all come up with...

Big-J
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 10:32 AM
If your flight was only landing a few hours earlier!! We are going to pick up Gene from the San Jose airport on Wednesday on our way to Monterey, he lands at 6:30pm. Im not so sure we would have much room either! :|

~Barn~
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I just read that email now, Big-J/Gene. How far away from the airport (San Jose) are we going to be?

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I'll be staying in Santa Cruz Tues, Wed, Thurs nights. If you need a ride from San Jose, it's about 45 mins away.

My Two-ways will be set to 1/1 like Barn said.

~Barn~
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 11:50 PM
1/1 it is. :up:

Big-J
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Im not too sure how far away it is Barn, I was supposed to check yesterday but I got a little busy here at work. I will check it out though!

Wahooman
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I think someone mentioned that it would be cool to rent a house....never thought of that. But, if anyone is interested I would be willing to look into this. Enough people and its bound to be a lot less $$ than the hotel rates....or I would assume this. Otherwise I am still staying a long ways away, but oh well. Unless someone has a room with floor space (enough room for 2 people).....willing to help with room costs as well. Make it cheaper for everyone.
PM me if anyone is interested in letting Gramps and I stay with you. We take up little room and are quiet people too :lol: Thanks.

Big-J
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I would offer you some floor space, but I already got four in my room already! If I have some extra room I would be happy to offer it you and Gramps, but I won't know that till we check-in and what not! :oops:

Dysco
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I'm going to have a cot and small cooler that need to make it to the track by Thursday night. Is anyone driving there and camping at the track?

Suki
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Just a long shot and a few silly questions but throwing it out there anyways!!!

What's the best way to get to Toro Park from L.A.?

About how long of a drive is it?

If we are all meeting up Friday Night, opposed to Saturday night, does anyone have a room or floor space for frito and I on friday night???

We have a camping spot (or paid for one) for saturday night, and planned on making the treck from L.A. to Monterey EARLY saturday morning to get there in time to get a decent camping spot. but if everyone is meeting up to go out friday then we could head down there friday morning/afternoon and party but we would just need a place to crash :)

Wahooman
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I would offer you some floor space, but I already got four in my room already! If I have some extra room I would be happy to offer it you and Gramps, but I won't know that till we check-in and what not! :oops:
Thanks J....keep us posted. If not no biggie. Just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone wanted help on their room to make it cheaper. ;)

Road Dog
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Here's the Laguna Seca MotoGP weekend schedule:

AMA Superbike Championship
Presented by Parts Unlimited
Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - July 8-10, 2005

Friday, July 8

8:00am-8:30am Pro Honda Oils presented by Shoei Helmets Practice
9:00am-11:00am Moto GP Free Practice 1
11:10am-11:40am Superstars of Super Karts Practice
11:55am-12:45pm AMA Superbike presented by Parts Unlimited Practice
12:45pm-1:30pm Lunch Break
1:00pm Mandatory Rider Briefing at Tech Inspection
1:30pm-3:00pm Moto GP Free Practice 2
3:15pm-3:50pm Superstars of Super Karts Practice
4:00pm-5:00pm Repsol Lubricants Superstock Practice

Saturday, July 9

8:30am-8:50am Superstars of Super Karts Warm-up
9:00am-9:30am Repsol Lubricants Superstock Qualifying
10:00am-11:00am Moto GP Free Practice 3
11:15am-11:40am Superstars of Super Karts Qualifying
11:50am-12:30pm AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited Qualifying
12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch Break
2:00pm-3:00pm Moto GP Qualifying
3:10pm-3:35pm Superstars of Super Karts Race
3:45pm-4:20pm Pro Honda Oils Supersport presented by Shoei Helmets Practice
4:35pm AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited Race (28 laps, 100k)

Sunday, July 10

9:00am-9:30am Repsol Lubricants Superstock Practice
10:00am-10:20am Moto GP Warm-up
10:40am-11:10am Pro Honda Oils Supersport Championship presented by Shoei Helmets Qualifying
11:30am Repsol Lubricants Superstock Race (17 laps, 60k)
Noon-12:30pm Track Entertainment
12:35pm-1:30pm Lunch Break
2:00pm Moto GP Race (28 laps)
3:30pm Pro Honda Oils Supersport Championship presented by Shoei Helmets Race (17 laps, 60k)

ENDS

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think someone mentioned that it would be cool to rent a house....never thought of that. But, if anyone is interested I would be willing to look into this. Enough people and its bound to be a lot less $$ than the hotel rates....or I would assume this. Otherwise I am still staying a long ways away, but oh well. Unless someone has a room with floor space (enough room for 2 people).....willing to help with room costs as well. Make it cheaper for everyone.
PM me if anyone is interested in letting Gramps and I stay with you. We take up little room and are quiet people too :lol: Thanks.

My bad! I didn't even think to get a group going on this until I started researching places for me and the doggies. I'm all over it if you guys want to look around Santa Cruz,Monterey, Salinas, etc...:

And I'll be camping Sat night @ Toro unless a cozy floor or posh house works out, Dysco, you are more than welcome to hang/crash at the Jeep.

http://www.vamoose.com/search?vID=231

www.vrbo.com

Dysco
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:29 PM
And I'll be camping Sat night @ Toro unless a cozy floor or posh house works out, Dysco, you are more than welcome to hang/crash at the Jeep.

Thanks for the offer but camping is free for cornerworkers- I also figure it'll be easier to wake up on time if I'm in the corner crew area. The trick will be to find a party at the track that doesn't mind donating some beer to my cause :D

Anonymous
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
I thought 7/21 was the primary radio chan, wit 1/1 as a backup? There are going to be a LOT of people using these things, having an obscure channel might be our best bet.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
I thought 7/21 was the primary radio chan, wit 1/1 as a backup? There are going to be a LOT of people using these things, having an obscure channel might be our best bet.

I turned on 1/1 and got lots of feedback crap in Aurora-hood

But, I'd be sure to listen to both channels 1/1 & 7/21

Would everyone be up to meet for dinner Fri night, the 8th? I'll look around for some good place that'll take resvs? Something not too $$$.

Hoopty
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Good luck with that, I think everywhere around is going to be jam-packed!!! :shock: We will try and make it though. :D We're driving out and should be there Friday sometime, not sure when exactly.

MiniNC35Grl
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM

Would everyone be up to meet for dinner Fri night, the 8th? I'll look around for some good place that'll take resvs? Something not too $$$.

2 years ago a friend was able to get reservations last minute for a large party at the Culinary School right there on Cannery Row...the place had maybe 12 other people in it on Saturday night. :o I'll try to find out the name of the place...it's a little on the $$ side, but it's an all you can eat buffet and has a porch overlooking the row and they didn't care how long we stayed.

Edit: Here's a link to the Culinary Shcool:

http://www.culinarycenterofmonterey.com/marysrestaurant.html

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 30th, 2005, 02:26 PM

2 years ago a friend was able to get reservations last minute for a large party at the Culinary School right there on Cannery Row...the place had maybe 12 other people in it on Saturday night. :o I'll try to find out the name of the place...it's a little on the $$ side, but it's an all you can eat buffet and has a porch overlooking the row and they didn't care how long we stayed.

Edit: Here's a link to the Culinary Shcool:

http://www.culinarycenterofmonterey.com/marysrestaurant.html

I called on this. They aren't doing any dinners until August. Nice lady there, but they would make some good $ on race weekend, ya think?

Oh, well, looks like samiches & booze on squid row/cannery :guinness: :P