PDA

View Full Version : EX500 Failstrom: Thanks to Bash & the Dirty South!

PharmerKyle
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Nearly a year after repossessing my old EX500, its metamorphosis is nearly complete.
http://pharmerkyle.smugmug.com/photos/536990962_VuCyP-M.jpg
Thanks to Bash, GSXR Scott, Dallas and everyone else for parts, labor, inspiration and support. This is truly a dream taking form!

Devaclis
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Man, those ammo cans are so heavy the front wheel lifts!!

Nice man. You are ready for a nice long tour now :)

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The seat back's nice too!

PharmerKyle
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
The seat back's nice too!
The seat, platform for the ammo cans and seat back are necessary to help secure a 4-year old daughter. By the time she's tall enough to really ride pillion on the GS she'll have had plenty of seat time on the faillie.

y_merkle
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Very nice man! Also way to think about getting the kiddo use to riding. We got to start them out some how!

PhL0aTeR
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM
got a couple more of those ammo cans layin around? :D

PharmerKyle
Fri May 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
got a couple more of those ammo cans layin around? :D
Yeah, but they're full and hidden. The Minigun's just a precaution if the dead start to walk... j/k

They were pretty cheap on ebay, but the usual surplus places on S academy and in Manitou have them too.

TFOGGuys
Fri May 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Sure is a purdy custom brake line on the front......:)

PhL0aTeR
Fri May 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, but they're full and hidden. The Minigun's just a precaution if the dead start to walk... j/k

They were pretty cheap on ebay, but the usual surplus places on S academy and in Manitou have them too.

the problem is i only remember to shop for em when i see em on someone elses ride :banghead:

effin sweet nonetheless....

Tipys
Fri May 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Looked better with the duct tape and and you holding the fairing on. JK Looks really good

PharmerKyle
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Sure is a purdy custom brake line on the front......:)
Yes it is and thanks for your participation! It's the blingiest thing on the bike.

Looked better with the duct tape and and you holding the fairing on. JK Looks really good
I'm upgrading to the carbon fiber duct tape this year for the rest of the exposed parts, thankyouverymuch.