PDA

View Full Version : 4th Dirty South meets the Damn Northies (5/24/09)

Tipys
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
MEET:Pikes Perk on 8th st
TIME: leaving at 8:30 so be gased up and ready to go before then
Route: 24 to 67 to 285 then throw evergreen towards 70.

Here is the northie Thread

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31675

Went on this ride last year and had lots of fun.( Just don't follow Krissy into corners.)

daemon
Wed May 20th, 2009, 05:23 PM
c'mon you dirty southies...
post up!!!

CaneZach
Wed May 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Guys I wish I could make this ride, but alas, I will be working. Stay safe!

Tipys
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Ok I am still planning on doing this no matter what the weather is.(short of snowing)

mtnairlover
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, that's my sentiment as well. Looks like the forecast is calling for patchy fog in the morning, with clearing on and off during the day...good news? No thunderstorms and the temps in the lower to mid 70s with some showers here and there later in the day.

I'll be having my lunch at Marion's along with all the other 2-wheeled junkies.:)

Looking forward to it.

See ya up there, Trevor.

Igor
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
It looks like OKD and I will be coming :)

Hopefully the old 7 stays in one piece...

EDIT: nevermind, OKD isn't coming. I'll be there.

Igor
Sun May 24th, 2009, 08:50 AM
No go. Bike died on the way up. I'm posting this from the shoulder of I25. OKD is coming with a trailer.

This bike is done. My fun to funds ratio has just hit the stupid mark. Time for an updated bike with a less abused history.

The zx7 will be in the for sale thread.

jimwallace
Sun May 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
trevor says damn, hes the only one

Igor
Sun May 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I think its just a pinched reserve fuel line but I have done so much other work that I won't know for sure until I rip it apart again.

If I can sell the 7 quick, ill be looking for something 650 ish. R6, sv, gsxr750, etc

Brat
Sun May 24th, 2009, 10:41 AM
so one went.... lol.

Igor
Sun May 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Yep... Just the fuel line. Ron brought some gas. We filled her, flipped it back to on, and it fired right up. I rode it back to pueblo from the south Academy exit without any problems.

I'm still going to take it back apart and go through it to be sure. Once I'm sure it's right, it's still going up for sale.

Sorry no one else went on the ride.

Ninja2
Sun May 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
OK - so this was supposed to be my 1st ride with the group and I was totally proud of myself being at Pikes Perk at 7:4am (!!!), drinking a cup of joe. At around 8:05am the first homeless person approached me. A few minutes later the second. He clinched his teeth asking me if this was my bike. After I said yes, he took off his belt and showed me his hips. I could see a small scar on the left hip bone. He was extremley upset and explained to me that some car ran into him on his Harley. He then walked off and when he returned at about 8:15am, his fist was bleeding and he smeared his blood on the wall while asking me about my bike.... .
At 8:30am I knew something wasn't right, so I asked the friendly waitress if there are more Pikes Perks in COS, and there are - one on 8th, where I was supposed to be and one on Vickers...Next time, I'll make sure to give you my phone#, if you'll ever invite me again :-) I'm a noobie, what can I say.
I tried to catch up with you. Did no one from the south ride?
I ended up going 24, 126, 285, 470 and back south on 83. 170 miles and had a great time!

Tipys
Sun May 24th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Oh Ninja2 sorry that you went to the wroug one. It sounds like you could have been on 8th street or Down town by what you were saying. But I was at 8th at 8:21 and was the only one there. I then just headed south the canon city instead thinking I was the only one. And feel welcome to come on any ride that is posted up.

daemon
Sun May 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
sorry tipy that you were the only one to show.
the day turned out entertaining for us northies.
we hope to plan another here in the near future.
i'll let you know when.