PDA

View Full Version : Who do I go to?

2WBRIT
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
A buddy of mine wants to come out to Colorado from Merrie Olde England so that he and I can go riding togther for a week. I have a Triumph Sprint RS and he wants something comparable to rent. Either that or we go on an organized tour with an established outfit.
Trouble is, most of the companies out there think that everyone wants a Harley, a BMW or a freakin' Goldwing! :cry: :guns:
My buddy is both short in the leg and discerning: he rides a 996 back home!
Can anybody give me some names, numbers, email addresses of companies that will either rent good, reliable bikes or who organize tours that feature the right (i.e. sports-touring) motorcycle? :?

Mista Black
Tue Feb 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM
why not a beemer?? just curious. i dont believe they are available to rent around here anyway. i believe there's a place in denver that rents Hardley Abletons but i don't know of anything else around for bike rentals.

Anonymous
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Although we can almost ride here year 'round, the rental business isn't strong enough during the summer months to sustain it through the off season. There have been a couple of companies that dabbled in this area that have both gone under - one was a shop that did some rentals, the other was rentals & tours. The website for the latter (www.motoranch.com) is defunct, but you can try this number I just found for them: 303-748-1862.

Another option would be to try calling local shops to see if they'd be interested in renting out a bike (of course explain your situation to them, since they don't usually make a business of renting bikes). Here are a few you can try (tell them Spiderman sent you):
- TK Motorsports - 720-904-9040
- TFOG Wheelsports - 303-216-2400

There might be another option along the same lines available - I'll look into it & get back to you. 8)

Pachuco
Tue Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
Check this place out. they have Ducati Monsters for rent
http://www.tourbikes.com/bikes.html

Anonymous
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM
There might be another option along the same lines available - I'll look into it & get back to you. 8)
Sorry, option #2 didn't pan out. :(

Check this place out. they have Ducati Monsters for rent
http://www.tourbikes.com/bikes.html
Good find!

:idea: I might be convinced to rent my bike (2002 R1) for a week if insurance wasn't an issue.