PDA

View Full Version : Finaly put a bike down

Darkside
Sun May 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
So first, noob ride was awesome, cool to meet a bunch of you ppl went well. I had the 2009 Buell 1125cr.

So pullin into my apartment complex after noob ride, doin maybe 15mph making a left turn, hit some hot tar that they fill cracks in the road with, front tire slipped hit pavment and gripped and threw my bike end over end... tried to ride it out but threw me past 12 O'clock before I could react.

Sooo sad :(

Loopin out in a wheelie, or slidin out diggin too deep into a turn I was prepared for, but this small bs... god my new bike only 300mi barley owned it a week! Luckly just broke mirrors and a few small scratches, think it will be ok... :banghead:

willb003
Sun May 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Damn dude that sucks, at least the damage is not too bad.

brennahm
Sun May 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Drag dude. Glad it was minor. Are you saying that you endoed?

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Happens to everybody. Be happy it was minor and consider it a lesson in attention to the road. Glad to hear you're ok.

I put my bike down last Monday out at Pueblo... lowsided @ ~100mph and am only looking @ a couple hundred in repairs. These bikes are built like tanks mang.

R6Blake101
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear that dude! glad your ok.

Darkside
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks all, yes indeed. Sucks muy grande ballz! Ya I endoed, was going soo slow allmost saved it right untill the bike ran me over... Just have to pay more attention.

Sorry to hear you put your bike down in Pueblo thats crushin, glad its repairable and your all right man.

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun May 17th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Happens to everybody. Be happy it was minor and consider it a lesson in attention to the road. Glad to hear you're ok.

I put my bike down last Monday out at Pueblo... lowsided @ ~100mph

I'm just not convinced of the 100mph or even "~100", but it was still quite a sparking lowside.

Now back to the thread... It always sucks worse when your bike is new and it falls.

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Just going by what I've been told by others :lol:

Crazy you got out ok from the endo though. That's freakin ridiculous!

THE3BS
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Holy crap dude!

Glad to hear you are ok. I'm sure getting run over by your own motorcycle is not fun. Not to mention scary as hell.

Hopefully the bike ends up alright that's one bad ass bike you got.

KawikaO.
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:49 AM
damn dude! glad its only minor but sucks so hard that it was so new.

it was good meeting and riding with ya today though. i was the one on the r6 with crackhead lookin hair

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Damn that does suck, glad you didn't get any injuries from that...... And I was just admiring your bike this morning (sunday).....

Darkside
Mon May 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Yo "Shocker" dude ya lol and chill dude with pimp'n Busa, (and THE3BS rhinolined bike???) ya horrible w/ names sry, but I remember ya. Got it back 2 gether and ridin, first bike ive put down in 6 years of crazy ridin. Ill fix it, think im goin 2 cage it for a year or so get more practice w/ a "race" bike, n keep it pretty. I knew I was goin down, just can't belive I wen't down like that. >:( LAME!

Cars-R-Coffins
Mon May 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
think im goin 2 cage it for a year or so get more practice w/ a "race" bike, n keep it pretty.

You're being kind of hard on yourself aren't you?

Darkside
Mon May 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
IDK Just dont like too mess up the new bike, and by cage I mean major frame slider protection. I like to get crazy on bikes, try and scrape pegs takin sharp turns too fast and rippin wheeles crap like that, and I don't want to scratch it up any more screwin around like that lol. Protect the paint (er plastic?) while I learn to ride her a little better.

Slo
Tue May 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah don't let it get you down, you're probably thinking all sorts of things in your head, but don't stress on it. It happens to everyone. My name is Jay...or slo, whatever the mood is.

RAGrote
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Happens to everybody.

I'll go home tonight and kick my bike over in the street to validate that statement...
;)

Still... sucks to see your baby laying on the tar.

Snowman
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Your Bike is now Offically Your's.

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'll go home tonight and kick my bike over in the street to validate that statement...
;)

If you happen to go your whole life without doing such a thing, more power to ya.

racedk6
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
IDK Just dont like too mess up the new bike, and by cage I mean major frame slider protection. I like to get crazy on bikes, try and scrape pegs takin sharp turns too fast and rippin wheeles crap like that, and I don't want to scratch it up any more screwin around like that lol. Protect the paint (er plastic?) while I learn to ride her a little better.

WOW just WOW, I hope you take it to a track man... or an open parking lot.

and BTW frame sliders are exactly that not fairing/plastic protectors.

noskills
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM

and BTW frame sliders are exactly that not fairing/plastic protectors.

Maybe he means something like this. I must be getting old, sometimes reading CSC post makes my brain hurt.

http://www.powersstuntworx.com/Spools/images/2005buell_04.jpg

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 07:35 AM

Nope, it happened on the road...
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32621

kawasakirob
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Damn road snakes. Everyone makes mistakes

racedk6
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Nope, it happened on the road...
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32621

No shit huh, I didnt even see the thread date till now.

Well glad dude is okay, but you should not ride over your head in anyway on the street. I used to do it, on that same pass. After to many close calls there I gave up riding like a jackass.