PDA

View Full Version : Encounters of the Squid kind

thesavidge1
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I was driving home from San Diego last night and we filled up just outside of Vegas, and there is an 08 CBR 600rr, and the guy who owns it is right there, sweatpants and all... anyways, we start talking, and sometimes i like to ask open ended questions about their bikes just to see what I'll get for a response, so I say "yeah the six hundreds are nice, I mean all you miss out on is screaming up to 185." sarcasm oozing mind you, and he says, "well when I hit the gears right I can hit 180" thats when I wished him well and said adios.

So my question is this, what is the most bizarre answer you got from a bike question to a squid?

chad23
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
the wildest comment I have ever heard was " i was going so fast in the canyons I had the little rubber balls on my tires"

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
the wildest comment I have ever heard was " i was going so fast in the canyons I had the little rubber balls on my tires"

:lol:

Tipys
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM
From a 14yr maybe 15yr old on the interweb. " Man I just watched someone back over my busa. This is the 2nd time it has happened really FTW people." Or this one from the same kid. " I crashed throw the window of this van and the lady didn't stop she kept going, didn't even know I was back there.''

Maybe not a squid comment more of poser comments.

Bueller
Sun May 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I was asked just the other day. "Is this the CSC meet up?"

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun May 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
At Boston's Bike Night last Wednesday I overheard... "Oh, I won't ride anything less than a 1000." And then I turned around and didn't see a WSBK rider, a MotoGP rider, or even an AMA racer ...it was weird.

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM
At Boston's bike night I heard someone ask why everyone's headlights were out and if it was just that time of the season when you need to replace things. :D

dirkterrell
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:00 AM
"Is that Bueller?" at the noobie ride yesterday. :)

Dirk

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:55 AM
The first night in GA a few years back, saw a few bikes, talked to them, guy with an f3 or so cbr600 claimed to be in a club that runs the loop (highway around Atlanta) in under 15 minutes. And says, yeah, you gotta run at about 180-190mph the entire way.

I had a few responses after that one. I was in the cage so that's how they thought they could just throw in answers there.

It's great to see how some riders think you know nothing about bikes, when you are in your cage.

TFOGGuys
Mon May 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
The first night in GA a few years back, saw a few bikes, talked to them, guy with an f3 or so cbr600 claimed to be in a club that runs the loop (highway around Atlanta) in under 15 minutes. And says, yeah, you gotta run at about 180-190mph the entire way.

I had a few responses after that one. I was in the cage so that's how they thought they could just throw in answers there.

It's great to see how some riders think you know nothing about bikes, when you are in your cage.

The Official Unofficial record for the Watermellon 500 (I-285 loop around Atlanta) is 21 minutes, held by a Lamborghini Diablo @ 3am. Or so I'm told by someone that claimed to be there....... :jerkoff:

longrider
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I just heard a good one Saturday night, I was picking up some takeout food on my bike and the kid behind the counter saw my bike and we got talking about bikes for a little as I packed up my backpack. As i was leaving he said that he rode too. I replied Great - what kind of bike do you ride? His reply - I have an 06, or is it 07, Honda R1 I had to leave at that point...

Cars-R-Coffins
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Should've called him on the carpet and made plans to meet up with him and his Hondamaha.

asp_125
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
LOL.. sounds like candidates for "here's your sign".

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I just heard a good one Saturday night, I was picking up some takeout food on my bike and the kid behind the counter saw my bike and we got talking about bikes for a little as I packed up my backpack. As i was leaving he said that he rode too. I replied Great - what kind of bike do you ride? His reply - I have an 06, or is it 07, Honda R1 I had to leave at that point...
:pointlaugh:

Tipys
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:17 PM
At Boston's bike night I heard someone ask why everyone's headlights were out and if it was just that time of the season when you need to replace things. :D

:spit:
Sounds like a Blonde and/or Gixxer rider.

GixxerCarrie
Tue May 19th, 2009, 05:42 AM
:spit:
Sounds like a Blonde and/or Gixxer rider.

I don't think I will ever live this comment down. I still find it funny. I'm glad the Horsman clarified things the one day and said he got pulled over for it. See...not everyone knows. I think it is funny that I didn't know. :slappers:

lmao BITE ME. The funny thing was is Timmays was actually out last night!:)

GixxerCarrie
Tue May 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM

lmao...we haven't seen much of badass R1....now where is his I want to ride Canyons Ass! :siesta:

Ceez
Tue May 19th, 2009, 06:10 AM

I would of left it at... " i was going so fast in the canyons I had little rubber balls" :slappers:

Tipys
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I don't think I will ever live this comment down. I still find it funny. I'm glad the Horsman clarified things the one day and said he got pulled over for it. See...not everyone knows. I think it is funny that I didn't know. :slappers:

lmao BITE ME. The funny thing was is Timmays was actually out last night!:)

Timmay is on a Gixxer he only has one headlight so it doesn't really count.

drevinci
Wed May 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM

LMAO :lol:

From a 14yr maybe 15yr old on the interweb. " Man I just watched someone back over my busa. This is the 2nd time it has happened really FTW people." Or this one from the same kid. " I crashed throw the window of this van and the lady didn't stop she kept going, didn't even know I was back there.''

Maybe not a squid comment more of poser comments.

Wow - They say children are our future... <shaking fist>That's exactly why we need to stop them now</shaking fist>
:grab: