PDA

View Full Version : Need a good body shop or possibly toyota mechanic

Bat
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The problem is my daughter's 1st car - '92 Camry. Previous owner creased the hood and now it won't close. Rest of car is fine, no damage to engine just the front grille area with the specific damage being the latch area for the hood. Need a body shop or experienced mechanic to take a look and see what our options are. Doesn't need to look perfect (first car, not a lot of funds left), just needs to be safe and function properly.

Anybody have a trustworthy and affordable recommendation?

TFOGGuys
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Deb,
I have both a good body and paint guy (Mike at 303-929-2650), and a good Toyota/Lexus guy (Jesse at ATLR, in the same building as my shop 303-487-6195 www.atlr.net )

TurboGizzmo
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
also might be cheaper to pick up a used hood.....hi deb!

Mel
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Deb, hit me up on PM and I'll give you Richards number ;-)

Bat
Tue May 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hey, thanks all! :)

I have another PM to follow up on then I'll start with Jim's people. I really appreciate the help. :)

Can't believe my baby girl is driving her own car - man, those years went by so fast. Everyone says they do but dayum.

Hope you all are doing well. Me, I just work, work, work except now when I am home sick -doing my best impression of a loogie factory. :shock:

BeoBe
Tue May 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM
all my options wouldn't be local so i guess those are your best bet lol

Bat
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Deb,
I have both a good body and paint guy (Mike at 303-929-2650), and a good Toyota/Lexus guy (Jesse at ATLR, in the same building as my shop 303-487-6195 www.atlr.net )

Okay, it only took four months but finally coordinated schedules and got the kiddo's hood fixed. :)

Thanks to everyone who responded and special thanks to Jim...:up:
we took the car over to Mike's and he was absolutely awesome. He did a great job and such a super nice guy. I feel so much better about her driving around now that's fixed. Just an absolute pleasure hanging out talking while he fixed it right up. We totally covet that huge garage though, wow! ;)