PDA

View Full Version : Some People....

THE3BS
Mon May 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
So today I'm riding home from work (mind you today was my day off and I got called in). I exit 225 @ Parker Rd. My route involves exiting Parker RD @ Hampden. I'm a couple lanes over and need to move over over 1 lane to get the Hampden exit. To my side there is an f350 and a large SUV. I signal to indicate my intentions both with my flasher and hand signals. The f350 moves forward and a gap opens just big enough for my to squeeze into. As I'm making my move into the lane the SUV starts honking at me. I continue to move over and the SUV decides to not only honk but intentionally come about 5" from rear ending me. The SUV continues honking so I kindly gave the drive the middle finger wave.

I figured at that point that's where it ended the female driver is angry but she'll get over it... Turns out that's where the story begins.

As I'm sitting stopped with this crazy woman behind me I'm looking in my rearviews. Immediately after the flipping off she picks up her phone and makes a call, I can see she's fairly frantic on the phone. The light turns green and we go. As soon as I was onto Hampden the right lane was wide open so I shot over and picked up a little speed to distance myself from psycho. I look back into my rearview and see her causing commotion. She must have cut off 2-3 cars all to fly into the right lane and get right up on my ass. She was staying 2 feet from my back tire. I tried to put more distance between us but traffic prohibited it. I then turned onto a side street and sure enough she follows me. All the while I can see the phone glued to her ear.

At this point I wasn't sure what to do. I figured if I pulled over she was going to have the cops there to give me a hard time. I wasn't in the wrong but I know what cops think about sportbike riders so I figured that was a conforntation I didn't want. I finally got myself into a residential area I know pretty well and managed to lose her.

How would you have handled the situation?

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon May 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM
The hothead in me would have parked the bike and walked up to her window with a sickenly sweet voice asking her if there was something in particular I could help her with? (maybe adding bitch to the end of it with a sneer)

Otherwise I might have driven to a local police station and walked right on in to make a complaint on her in a completely calm manner...with her storming in right behind you only proving your point that you were scared to death with a maniac following/harassing you!

Tipys
Mon May 18th, 2009, 10:51 PM
^^^^What jess said. But funny thing is I have been having to take the interstate to work now. I have been when there is a sign that says SLOWER traffic KEEP RIGHT I have pointed it out to the car that I just passed of the right. Today I did it when I was behind someone is a convertiable and was given the middle finger in return. I just gave him a thrumbs up and passed him on the right. Oh may I add this he was in a Yellow convertiable Beens.

Zach929rr
Mon May 18th, 2009, 10:58 PM
If I felt I was in actual danger of a hothead behind me, I would split lanes to distance myself as needed. Or find a local PD station (if you know the area)

thatmofo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Bag of marbles. Bag of marbles.

willb003
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM
If I felt I was in actual danger of a hothead behind me, I would split lanes to distance myself as needed. Or find a local PD station (if you know the area)

I would have to agree, Your on a bike just go anywhere that they can't fit, even if it means going on the sidewalk by some poles or whatever, I would rather get a ticket for doing that, then get ran over by some retard cager on a cell phone

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I would have to agree, Your on a bike just go anywhere that they can't fit, even if it means going on the sidewalk by some poles or whatever, I would rather get a ticket for doing that, then get ran over by some retard cager on a cell phone
:spit:
Are you fucking kidding me? She better be pointing a gun at you

THE3BS
Tue May 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM

I've thought about that...

However.. With the way things go you'd end up hitting an innocent bistandards car and make a victim out of an innocent person. So needless to say.. No bag of marbles.

Matty
Tue May 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
marbles don't work.... Use linoleum off sparkplugs!!! LOL. Just Kidding.

salsashark
Tue May 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have been dressed in black, pointing a gun at her and trying to grab a handful of booby!

huh... ever think about that?! yeah... that's what I thought...

In all seriousness, I don't know what it is, but cagers seem to lose their minds between Quincy and 225 on Parker road. I've had more close calls there than anywhere else in Denver.

Unless you want to add assault, and God knows what else, I wouldn't suggest throwing anything at the car... marbles, spark plugs or anything... That's just tough guy posturing. Look at it from the driver's point of view... If I was in a surburban assault vehicle and didn't give arip about a biker's safety, it wouldn't be hard to run the little douchebag over if they started throwing crap at me. I'd take a "following too closely" ticket.

Check the ego and bug out... easy as that.

Slo
Tue May 19th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I would have stopped, plain and simple. You didn't do anything wrong, this b*tch is just going to go on complaining and acting erratically everytime a bike gets in front of her.

Horsman
Tue May 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Were your wearing black??? Is your bike Black??
I say - Brandish a weapon(by giving her the finger), take her cell phone away(robbery) she doesn't know how to drive &talk at the same time anyway and sexually assault her(with Harsh language of course) - wait... DeJa Vu

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=116001

THE3BS
Tue May 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Were your wearing black??? Is your bike Black??
I say - Brandish a weapon(by giving her the finger), take her cell phone away(robbery) she doesn't know how to drive &talk at the same time anyway and sexually assault her(with Harsh language of course) - wait... DeJa Vu

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=116001

The irony in that is that I could very easily be mistaken for that guy. My bike is black, my jacket is black, my pants are usually black, 30 is knocking on my door, and I'm a bigger guy.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM
The irony in that is that I could very easily be mistaken for that guy. My bike is black, my jacket is black, my pants are usually black, 30 is knocking on my door, and I'm a bigger guy.
Well there you go! You didn't do anything to piss the broad off other than looking like that guy. She was calling you in and tailing you to lead the cops right to ya! lol

d3spair
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Some guy at a red light today (Academy & Fountain, Springs) didn't see it in time and MASSIVELY rear-ended the car that had stopped as the first vehicle. This was in the lane next to me and the impact forced those cars and another truck in the center lane into the intersection. One of those moments where you realize had you'd been in that lane you'd be dead. Bunch of nutso cagers everywhere.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Some guy at a red light today (Academy & Fountain, Springs) didn't see it in time and MASSIVELY rear-ended the car that had stopped as the first vehicle. This was in the lane next to me and the impact forced those cars and another truck in the center lane into the intersection. One of those moments where you realize had you'd been in that lane you'd be dead. Bunch of nutso cagers everywhere.
That's the reason I sit all paranoid at red lights IN gear. I watch my mirrors and as soon as a car is in my lane, I focus on them and sometimes even turn around to watch them. There have been a number of times that I've scooted my ass over to the next lane or off to the should b/c I was convinced that I was gonna get rear-ended. Might throw it in neutral after a few cars are stopped behind me, but normally in gear and ready to haul ass elsewhere.

Midget Hellion
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
:spit:
Are you fucking kidding me? She better be pointing a gun at you

Nope, just coming at you with a 5000 lb steel bullet.

I wouldn't advocate splitting lanes, I would pull my bike somewhere public and confront her...or be Passive Aggressive and just continue driving normal. If the cops showed up other drivers would more than likely tell the cops what they saw. I know I would.

Zach929rr
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't advocate splitting lanes, I would pull my bike somewhere public and confront her...or be Passive Aggressive and just continue driving normal. If the cops showed up other drivers would more than likely tell the cops what they saw. I know I would.

I don't think I emphasized the point of life-threatening danger in my previous post. If that is the case, I am neither pulling over nor letting them tailgate me. Absolute horror stories have happened to friends of mine in California (granted, different state) in which a road rager has intentionally killed. Think I'm going to pull over and wait for your "5000lb bullet" to annihilate me? Don't think so.

On a side note, I'm a reasonably sized guy that is not afraid to go to blows, although I pursue a very mellow day-to-day. If I think someone if just a little angry, sure I'll pull over into a public area and stop. Defending myself from someone who wants to take a few swings at the biker? No problem. Life threatening situation? See ya.

Side note 2, your mo-haw is sechsy Vati. :D

Midget Hellion
Wed May 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I gets all teh sechsa bitches scopin' me

Ricky
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I've had a couple of those hothead situations. IMO it'd be safer to not run, and just let the cops come. Just because a citizen complains, doesn't mean they are right. Or, I would pull over, pull my phone out of my pocket, and start the video recording, then remain calm... Once they know you're recording, what are they going to do?

However, if I had been in that situation, I would have RUN my ass off, because people are stupid. One of their mistakes could mean MY life... Get away as fast as possible, but not before memorizing that person's lic plate #.