PDA

View Full Version : Faster!

Ganjagod
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Compliments to faster motosports!!! At first they weren't even sure if they could get me in today. I came back home for maybe 30 minutes and the bike was done :applause:

Devaclis
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:42 AM
How about some detail? or did you forget already? lol

:siesta: :siesta: :siesta:

Ganjagod
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I wasn't aware i needed detail... Faster changed my tire quick fast and in a jippy. They kickass what else is there to say? Are you implying something about my name? lol :siesta:

1.3V8KILLER
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I own a 89 FZR400 and these guys are the best they are the only ones I go to.

sugarrey
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I on the other hand have spent quite a bit of money there in the past but for the past 6 months have completely FAILED in everything they do or haven;t done for me. Glad you had a good experience.

D Berns R6
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
I on the other hand have spent quite a bit of money there in the past but for the past 6 months have completely FAILED in everything they do or haven;t done for me. Glad you had a good experience.

Have you actually confronted them and let them know how you feel. Try that first then post...

D

Bueller
Wed Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:52 AM
Have you actually confronted them and let them know how you feel. Try that first then post...

D
Maybe they should do shit right the first time, negating the need to confront them, that is how it should be. Pride and craftsmanship, just does not exist anymore.

co_gixxerguy
Wed Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
I dont live in the area and havent been to Faster, but you are right Bueller...pride and craftsmanship seems to have gone out it window over the years...not just in the bike shops...everywhere. Find some kid that can ALMOST run a computer and POOF he an autoparts salesman....never turned a wrench in his life or have a clue where, on the car, to find the stuff he's sellin...I get tired of returnin parts that arent right because some HS dropout cant find his ass with both hands. (being 60 milef from the parts store doesnt help)....ok done venting....carry on

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 3rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Faster hasn't had the greatest of reputation lately, hopefully your good experience isn't that last one we'll hear about. :up:

sugarrey
Wed Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM

D
Confronted them several times about the situations and was completely screwed. I was told they couldnt do nothing for me because they stopped dealing with that vendor....Wow, didn't know that was my problem as a customer.

But not to worry 303cycle came thru and is helping me with the issue. Now thats a place with pride and integ.

D Berns R6
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe they should do shit right the first time, negating the need to confront them, that is how it should be. Pride and craftsmanship, just does not exist anymore.

no company does "shit" right the first time everytime....it's how a company deals with the situation that makes their reputation good or not.

Bueller
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM
no company does "shit" right the first time.
No this is the problem

sugarrey
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 10:16 AM
no company does "shit" right the first time everytime....it's how a company deals with the situation that makes their reputation good or not.

Well using that criteria they did an absolute SHIT job with my situation, thus the reason why I'll never go back to purchase anything or to have service done.

I referred a friend to get his rims put on there. They scratched his rims and ended up breaking the windshield, didnt say anything about it when he went to go pick it up. We had to go back, then after denying it he finally admitted he had an issue getting it out of the shop and they ended up replacing it.

Not cool, I looked like a fool recommending them.

No more FASTER MOTORSPORTS for me.

GixerSix
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I had a bad experience also, one that stuck out was I had to keep reminding Nick to give me the CSC discount.

GuitarX
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, I have to say that I just had a good experience with Faster. Nick was a super-cool guy to deal with and Bart fixed issues with my bike that no one else could figure out. As a matter of fact I can sincerely say don't ever go to Fay Myers for service. They replaced expensive parts without even knowing what the problem was. I'm still pissed.

I have a TL1000R that was having serious charging/starting issues. It took Faster a while to figure everything out but that was to be expected. Wiring issues are the worst to troubleshoot. Bart really came through and found the issues. Now I can ride and actually shut the bike down without worrying I'm going to get stranded.

Just my .02.

brennahm
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Find some kid that can ALMOST run a computer and POOF he an autoparts salesman....never turned a wrench in his life or have a clue where, on the car, to find the stuff he's sellin...I get tired of returnin parts that arent right because some HS dropout cant find his ass with both hands.

To be fair (I worked for 18 months at an AutoZone in FL, went from counter to Asst Manager at 19) they just can't find people to work there. It's like most places, the quality workers aren't available. I will agree with you though, everyone I worked with was worthless and I got calls all day when I was off work with questions. Another place we can't find qualified individuals?...government.

/threadjack

dchd1130
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
To be fair (I worked for 18 months at an AutoZone in FL, went from counter to Asst Manager at 19) they just can't find people to work there. It's like most places, the quality workers aren't available. I will agree with you though, everyone I worked with was worthless and I got calls all day when I was off work with questions. Another place we can't find qualified individuals?...government.

/threadjack

They are out there for the right price. Now you can get labor at a bargain because there are so many unemployed.

sugarrey
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
They are out there for the right price. Now you can get labor at a bargain because there are so many unemployed.

Good call...skilled labor is out there.

Like my situation my expertise was very much in demand just five years ago, but now the products manufactured in my field (inkjet and toner cartridge remanufacturing) need to be made so cheap to compete with China that shops cannot afford skilled labor and experience. I think this may be the issue that the U.S. is in right now. Competing with overseas markets requires U.S. plants to use cheaper labor, which turn into inferior products and people.

Just my 2 cents.

buzzardman36
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, and don't forget Illegals. You get what you pay for.

sugarrey
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:49 PM

True.

dchd1130
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM

Yeah but the problem there is a lot of times they are better employees. So the "you get what you pay for" gets a little fuzzy here....

this is getting way off topic though from the original post.

Matrix
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
+1 for Faster. All the guys are very personable and I feel like I am talking to guys that really know their stuff. Mike, Bart and Nick all treated me well and I have been there on multiple occasions for different reasons. Most notably the tune they did with my PCIII on the dyno woke my bike up!

bennice
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
I've had mixed experiences with Faster. I've taken my wheels down many times to get new tread mounted. Twice they left me a couple big ass scratches on the wheels, and the last time they didn't give me the CSC discount even though I said it three times. A couple years ago I took one of the bikes there for 15K service. The bike ran like a champ, but was missing a few fairing clips and bolts, and mysteriously my radiator had a hole in it when I got it back. No hole when I dropped it off. Hole and leaking fluid when I got it back. I had them repair it since I was in a crunch, but I don't think I'll go back. They seem like nice people who know their shit and all, but there are too many other good shops around with good rep and the same amount of money.

charlesard1
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:59 AM

Faster made my bike go slower; take that back-they made it not go at all! Charged me $1300 and I still had to tow it to another shop! Who fixed what Faster did half ass (they installled my stator-just didnt hook it up-then said bike had other problems-which it didn't). Charged me for parts that dont even go on my bike and did NOT go on my bike-still I got the bill. Confrontation got me no where-except I'm sorry for your trouble.

I posted on here and lo and behold-I get a phone call about my post-Now they want to know what they can do to fix it. Talking did nothing-posting did something. They returned half my payment. So yeah "Maybe they should do shit right the first time, negating the need to confront them, that is how it should be"!

sugarrey
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Thank GOD there's shops out there that actually give a damn about how happy their customers are unlike FASTER MOTORSPORTS. 303cycle for example gives a shit! 303 seems to go the extra mile, even before you spend a dime in their shop.

FASTER = FAIL
303 CYCLE = PASS
OTD CYCLE = PASS
VICKERY = PASS

In my opinion

mopoet178
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
To be fair (I worked for 18 months at an AutoZone in FL, went from counter to Asst Manager at 19) they just can't find people to work there. It's like most places, the quality workers aren't available. I will agree with you though, everyone I worked with was worthless and I got calls all day when I was off work with questions.

Haha, I would love to work at autozone! Havnt found an opening though.

Back on topic, be your own shop. That way you control your own quality control. I buy parts all the time, but the only reason I ever use anybody's service is for mounting and balancing of rubber (only give them the rims not the bike, its cheaper and has less there to screw up)

All my transactions happen at Grand Prix. It is close and they have never wronged me at all. The parts counter guys know me by first name!

LiQuIdAiR=OTB=
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
To be fair towards Faster, what I saw was they're way under staffed. When I took my bike in there was only one person working the sales floor the cashier and the phone. The gentlemen in shop were repairing a bike readying it for race day. The guy working on my bike unfortunately didn't know much how to stabilize my bike before working on changing out my tire. The poor kid at the front desk was working his ass off to help everyone. He just couldn't do it. Not cuz of his inability to do his job but just because they were to busy.

I don't want to go into detail about the type of customer service I received when i confronted them about several issues. unfortunately, It wasn't the best service I've received. If I took my bike to Faster, I would request that the senior mechanics work on my bike not the entry level mechanics.

They did however, when I finally spoke with the owner. Meet my requests with him actually doing the work and discounting the parts. The work from him was perfectly done. The customer service from the owner was very good.

Again, I think the shop is a small shop trying to grow. They are having their struggles. I personally wouldn't employ one person to staff an entire front shop or leave my entry mechanics to learning the hard way or learning on someone else bike.

LiQuIdAiR=OTB=
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
All my transactions happen at Grand Prix. It is close and they have never wronged me at all. The parts counter guys know me by first name!

wow, by first name! SICK! I walk into a shop and all they see if a big dollar sign with a mouth. Just kidding. That is actually a kewl thing.

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
To be fair towards Faster, what I saw was they're way under staffed. When I took my bike in there was only one person working the sales floor the cashier and the phone. The gentlemen in shop were repairing a bike readying it for race day. The guy working on my bike unfortunately didn't know much how to stabilize my bike before working on changing out my tire. The poor kid at the front desk was working his ass off to help everyone. He just couldn't do it. Not cuz of his inability to do his job but just because they were to busy.

I don't want to go into detail about the type of customer service I received when i confronted them about several issues. unfortunately, It wasn't the best service I've received. If I took my bike to Faster, I would request that the senior mechanics work on my bike not the entry level mechanics.

They did however, when I finally spoke with the owner. Meet my requests with him actually doing the work and discounting the parts. The work from him was perfectly done. The customer service from the owner was very good.

Again, I think the shop is a small shop trying to grow. They are having their struggles. I personally wouldn't employ one person to staff an entire front shop or leave my entry mechanics to learning the hard way or learning on someone else bike.

Under staffed is not a good reason to not do a good job. Someone having a problem with waiting will leave and come back maybe be mad they had to wait but not as mad as if something got messed up because of rushing. Either way under staffed or not is not a good reason.

Also I may add everyone is human you can't always get things prefect if they messed something up and owned up to. It is all good to me.

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Rocky Mountain Kawasaki = pass

whodis
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 12:14 AM
i think faster is having their growing pains like most shops, but times are tough and they are doing the best they can. i would take my bike there in a second.

sugarrey
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
i think faster is having their growing pains like most shops, but times are tough and they are doing the best they can. i would take my bike there in a second.

I am guessing with over 90 years of experience that their growing pains should be well over by now.