PDA

View Full Version : Social Gatherings forum suggestion

Ricky
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'd like to throw a suggestion out there.

Ever since the social gatherings forum was created, I've found it more and more difficult to sort through the amount of threads in there that are far south, or even farther south. Personally, I thought it was better to have these events listed in the forum for that part of town. I feel it'd be great if there were some way to better distinguish the area for a gathering, for example, by using thread prefixes in that forum. Right now, thread titles are inconsistent, and people don't always use the same "location identifier" (i.e. NCM for north central metro) to make it easy for all to see quickly. Understandably, that's quite difficult to maintain.

No offense to the southies, but I rarely am interested in stuff that's going on down there because I'm way up here, and they're, well, WAY down there :lol:. I'm looking for NCM specific events and rides. If thread prefixes were used, then people could be consistent because you choose a thread prefix from a drop down list when posting a new thread. And when there's nothing going on in the north, I can quickly and clearly see there's nothing, and have the option at seeing other events around town at a glance. With the number of people continuing to join, and especially since it's that time of year again, I think it would help organize things a bit.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

~Barn~
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.techipedia.com/images/ban_him_sm.jpg
[ Just kidding Ricky. =) ]

Zach929rr
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The best you can hope for is that people posting threads will start to more clearly identify their location.

Devaclis
Tue May 19th, 2009, 11:44 AM
LOL, I am soo fucking with you over on the happy hour post. Just good ribbing man :)

Ricky
Tue May 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM
The best you can hope for is that people posting threads will start to more clearly identify their location.

That's not the best we can hope for when the board software contains the available features to overcome the problem. I'm simply suggesting we make use of those features.

Sully
Tue May 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
North Central doesn't have or plan any "Social Events" ... get over it now before it's too late !

j/k :lol:

GregsGSXR
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I say post it where ever ever you feel like. My thread was moved to the social events because it was a get together in the South Metro...I tried to post a ride....moved to canyon carving....what are the regional sections for anyway? Might as well call them the "can I borrow a trailer" section.

asp_125
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Don't you just click on "new posts"?

Zach929rr
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Don't you just click on "new posts"?

Devaclis
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
^^ What he said.

Horsman
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM
^^ What he said.

^^ What he said

asp_125
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
^^ What he said

^^ what he said ........no, wait.. :pointlaugh:

Sortarican
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/faustus777/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

BeoBe
Tue May 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
i think the way its going weapon sales should have their own spot lol.. lots goin up and gotta do some soul seachin to find them after all the other threads

Gainer
Tue May 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3561/whattno2.gif

Ricky
Wed May 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I say post it where ever ever you feel like. My thread was moved to the social events because it was a get together in the South Metro...I tried to post a ride....moved to canyon carving....what are the regional sections for anyway? Might as well call them the "can I borrow a trailer" section.

Yeah, I think the social gatherings forum took a lot of traffic away from the regional forums.

rforsythe
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
That's not the best we can hope for when the board software contains the available features to overcome the problem. I'm simply suggesting we make use of those features.

To be honest I hadn't played with that part of the software until now. However thanks for the suggestion! All new threads in Social Events will need a prefix added, and should be pretty self explanatory.