PDA

View Full Version : Cops are out on US24 5/19/2009 3:00PM

modette99
Tue May 19th, 2009, 03:07 PM

BeoBe
Tue May 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
cops are always all over 24... i remember seeing an unmarked grand prix black, all the lights where in the tail lights and fog lights.. had no clue that it was a cop... but yea 24 gets boring so you tend to drive a little fast..

Pandora-11
Tue May 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
This is what I was going to say. There are cops on Hwy 24 all the time. Beware! I drive it everyday.

CaneZach
Tue May 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
That's because 24 is the only road that leads from the Springs to WPK, unless you count Rampart. And 67 is notorious for wrecks, especially motorcycles. I love the ride from WPK to 285 through Deckers, but a lot of guys misjudge the road, and more frequently, their abilities. On the way back from the noob ride sunday, a Harley rider went down on a pretty easy curve. The road curved to his left and it looked like he just rode the bike off the right side of the road.

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue May 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I always see them thick from Manitou Springs to CS. Motorcycle cops hiding in shadows and things like that.

aLiEn
Tue May 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM
On the way back from the noob ride sunday, a Harley rider went down on a pretty easy curve.

Yep I saw 1 cruiser down on an easy turn and a squid in a hoodie down on another...:banghead:

Don'tcha love early season!:rock:

CaneZach
Tue May 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yup, early season sucks. The guys who garaged their bikes for the last 6+ months, and who typically consider anything over 50 miles to be a "long ride" or see their bikes like a hillbilly views a bathtub (something to be used once a month), start coming out of the woodwork. The Harley guy I saw downed sunday looked like he forgot that his bike is actually capable of leaning more than 5 degrees, just like most of the Harley riders I've run across.

thatmofo
Tue May 19th, 2009, 08:11 PM
They must have heard me out there!

JohnEffinK
Tue May 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Normal early season shite......

John

The Black Knight
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I noticed a ton of Sheriffs out around Peterson, Constitution and Marksheffel in all directions. Don't know what the deal was but the sure had a heavy presence in that area this afternoon.

JohnEffinK
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Prepping for the holiday weekend.

Article in the Gazette said ALL were going to be out enforcing laws, seatbelt usage, and DUI busting.

Be safe, be smart.

John

BeoBe
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
and remember specially at night, it is no longer law that an officer sitting at a dead stop keep his parking lights on.. they can sit in the dead of the night with no warning and nail you.

Also in the state of colorado you no longer have the option of looking at the speed radar to verify your speed..

just a few helpful hints

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
and remember specially at night, it is no longer law that an officer sitting at a dead stop keep his parking lights on.. they can sit in the dead of the night with no warning and nail you.

Also in the state of colorado you no longer have the option of looking at the speed radar to verify your speed..

just a few helpful hints

#1 was never a law and #2 was never an option unless said officer allowed you to see it. Thanks for the misinformation though.

The Black Knight
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:36 PM

Article in the Gazette said ALL were going to be out enforcing laws, seatbelt usage, and DUI busting.

Be safe, be smart.

John
Yeah I spaced it out that it was a holiday weekend coming up. Makes sense they always crack down on the 3 day weekends.

#1 was never a law and #2 was never an option unless said officer allowed you to see it. Thanks for the misinformation though.
Now that's some serious smack.

Pandora-11
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yep you got me, I'm a cop that rides a HD with a Gixxer motor in it. STFU!

Hey! Hey! Hey!!! You're talking to our SOCO kid....stop it!!!:scream1:

CaneZach
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Actually, KidIcarus is correct. Neither was a law.

Tipys
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Comment retracked

Matt
Wed May 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
+1 on the comment about cops being on 24 all the time. That's a good road to hang close to the speed limit on.

I took Monday afternoon off and rode from CS -> WP -> Deckers -> 285 -> Deer Creek -> Castle Rock -> I25 -> CS. The only cops were on 24 and on I-25 between Castle Rock and the Springs.

modette99
Wed May 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM

Brat
Wed May 20th, 2009, 09:34 AM
cops are everywere wasting money and time ALL the time.

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM
cops are everywere wasting money and time ALL the time.

Good observation. :up:

Brat
Wed May 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
thank you! check my avatar. wasting money, and time.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed May 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Be safe, be smart.

John
I was recently in a meeting with one of the captains from State and he told me point blank that every single cop out there will be on duty this holiday weekend and they plan on nailing EVERYthing....so be mindful of that out there!

Brat
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
yeah alot of idiots drink and drive..... youd think they would know better on a holiday weekend...or ever..

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
yeah alot of idiots drink and drive..... youd think they would know better on a holiday weekend...or ever..
THANK YOU!!!
On a personal note...this holiday weekend will be the one year anniversary of when the drunk hit me - on a five day old bike! grrr
Watch yourselves, they are out to get you!

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
THANK YOU!!!
On a personal note...this holiday weekend will be the one year anniversary of when the drunk hit me - on a five day old bike! grrr
Watch yourselves, they are out to get you!

24 years ago this past April 20th for me. Hit and run. You roll the dice each and every time you mount up and play with the 2,000 lb bullets. It's a crap shoot and I'll drink to that.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Yes yes N_N...you and I have butted heads on this issue before and probably always will...lol
I know damn well it's a risk every time I open my eyes in the morning, let alone hop on the bike. But it doesn't mean I should turn a blind eye when someone is trashed and hops into their car just to mow us riders down.
I'm the absolute last person to think that alcohol needs to be banned or that nobody should drink before doing something...but damn... do it with some responsibility!!!

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Yes yes N_N...you and I have butted heads on this issue before and probably always will...lol
I know damn well it's a risk every time I open my eyes in the morning, let alone hop on the bike. But it doesn't mean I should turn a blind eye when someone is trashed and hops into their car just to mow us riders down.
I'm the absolute last person to think that alcohol needs to be banned or that nobody should drink before doing something...but damn... do it with some responsibility!!!

And I can agree to the responsibility thing -------- just don't legislate it down my throat. BAC limits need to be raised to a reasonable point. Currently the two beer limit, and being considered illegal, is bullshit.

Tipys
Wed May 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM
And I can agree to the responsibility thing -------- just don't legislate it down my throat. BAC limits need to be raised to a reasonable point. Currently the two beer limit, and being considered illegal, is bullshit.

Unfrotnally N_N you will never see the BAC limits change. If anything they will only become lower. Its because of the lack of responsibility. I have seen this all first hand.

Brat
Wed May 20th, 2009, 01:15 PM
im glad i dont drink so im good. as long as the lushs stay away from me. i usually go far into the mtns do some fishing get away from all the idiots drinking.... sorry to hear about incidents with idiot drunks.