PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mtn. Cycle Plaza in COS. - don't insult the customers.

iam4u2nv
Sun Jul 6th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Just a mild gripe with the actions of one person that will make me use other shops from now on.

Thurs at around 4:30 pm I found I was missing a tooth in the rear. RMCP is only a few blocks from where I work.
I ran over hoping on a chance that they would have one for my Katana. After one very nice lady searched the catalog and computer for 10-15 min. she turned to her Mgr. and asked if he had ordered any sprockets for the Katanas. Now granted I will take the can-of-tuna, not a real sportbike, etc... jokes, but I would not expect it from a shop mgr.
His exact words were "Why would I order parts for a Kat, the GSXR's are much better and more popular. People don't need parts for Kats".
OK I understand that GSXR's are more popular - If I could afford one I would have one. But I own a Kat, If he does not like them thats fine.
But do not insult anyones bike if they are trying to give you their money!!
Just my experience - thought I would share.

TWISTED
Tue Jul 8th, 2003, 10:38 PM
His exact words were "Why would I order parts for a Kat, the GSXR's are much better and more popular. People don't need parts for Kats".

Oh your right, besides, why would I shop here? The shops in Denver and Pueblo are much better and more popular. :321: What an ass. Hope you found another shop.

R6_80922
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I had a bad experience trying to buy a bike there. I wanted to get a R6. They wanted me to fill out a Yamaha card application for the purchase. When I found out the interest was 19% I told them to forget it. They said they could try another finance company if I like but would be still in the teens for interest. Told them no thanks. So my buds who live in denver and buy thier bikes at Sun Honda seen a 02 R6 (the pic I posted) in Sun Honda which was on consignment from a car dealer on 600 miles on it. So I talked to the salesman on the phone and he took my info for financing. He got me financed at Gateway Credit union and at 7%. I told him I would be there in a couple of hours to get it. Froze my ass off on the ride home. After dark and in Feburary. hahahah. But worth the effort. Sun Honda in Denver is the Shit!... :guns: :guns: :guns:

boriqua_n_co
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 09:54 AM
My experience w/ RMCP is that they are expensive. I do buy stuff when it is in the clearance section but first check w/ APEX. When I was buying my 2003 ZX6R they wanted 8500 OTD I went to APEX and I got the bike for 7800 OTD. That is why I sit on the bikes at RMCP but buy at APEX. :lol: Just my two cents.

Pork Chop
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Just curious who was the so called manager that was making fun of ya? Know what he looks like, or what his name was by any chance?

KooLaid
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 01:52 AM
:imwithstupid: what does this manager look like??? The only parts managers or people that seemed to be anything close to a manager is a lady and she would never say anything like that.

On a side note..... Honestly I dont' think any local shops would stock katana parts. So even though it might have sounded harsh, it holds a bit of truth, the gsxr is a more popular bike w/ demand for parts alot higher than the kat. I think she might have asked one of the sales guys, a couple of them can be very loud in their sarcasm. Alot of info in one department floats around, so pretty much everyone knows what everything in every other department is doing. Oh yeah, the parts and accessories counter manager is a lady. Now a couple months back when....what's his name, the puerto rican looking guy........ was working there, he did the order for the sportbike stuff. He would have definitely said what you mentioned.

Now I'm not saying you're a liar or anything bad, because I tend to get :evil: at somethings people say around here that I misunderstood. I'm just saying from being a friend with a few that work there and good standing aquaintances with alot more, I don't think they would do it to insult a customer directly in your face. Especially not in the parts and accessories counter. No way. That person that made that comment, I guarantee, had to be from bike sales who happened to be behind the counter at the time. Just my .02 cents.

KooLaid
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM
one more thing, I would confront them with anything that bothered you like that. I would, and I have at other shops in colorado before. Just like me and bash having we're piss war before, it just took a few minutes and then we created a general understanding. Tell em what's up.

firefghtr
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 07:15 AM
What a smart way to keep your customers :up: :up:

(( LO LO ))
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Hey Koolaid, that Puerto Rican looking dude was Eddy. And he knew his shit when it came to parts, where to find them, and what fit what. In fact he was so good at his job that he left Rocky Mtn and got a higher paying gig last year. Rocky mountain isn't too bad in price when you get the customer discount when you buy any bike or vessel from them. I have purchased many things from Rocky and never had a problem. I guess it is just who you know.... :dunno:

Rick T.
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM
What the "manager" said was INEXCUSABLE no matter what he "thought" about Katanas. That was insensitive and a blatant disply of ignorance with regard to Customer Service. :321:

If the customer "percieved" it to be rude... then it was rude. Your perception is your reality man.

Don't call my baby ugly...