PDA

View Full Version : are there any young poeple here. 17,18,19?

michaelawsome
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
im 17 and looking for some riders around my age. everybody goes to bars and shit.. and guess what i cant do that, and that kinda sucks..:drink:

Nhsk8r20
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
im almost 27 and i dont drink so i dont really go to bars. I dont have a bike yet but hopefully in the next few weeks i can get one.

michaelawsome
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
ha nice man your smart getting on the website before getting the bike

Nhsk8r20
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
yea. i have wanted a bike since i was a kid. im pretty good about doing research. I just finished my MSF course last weekend. I actually just moved here about 6 months ago so im still looking for people to hang out with.

KawikaO.
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
i just turned 21. close enough...

michaelawsome
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 12:08 AM
yeaa thats truee. you can still do way more then the young ones..

KawikaO.
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
i keep forgetting that i can drink legally though. id rather go ride than drink too.

OUTLAWD
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I'm young enough...still in college at least...let me know whats up...i'd rather ride than drink...or maybe do both

BlueDog
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 02:08 AM
20 here and 21 soon which will be fun because I can go hang out with the people here at more places... I actually got my first bike at 16, license at 17, and my Superhawk at 18. Led a few group rides too while I was still in high school, nobody realized I was that young unless it came up.

Zanos
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 03:02 AM
23. Not a huge bar guy. Hit me up.

BeoBe
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 06:35 AM
i dont think too many riders on here are ones that go to the bars and ride.. i drink but i dont do them both and i think anyone that does is a complete idiot

mtnairlover
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
i dont think too many riders on here are ones that go to the bars and ride.. i drink but i dont do them both and i think anyone that does is a complete idiot

+1

I'm an old fart, but love to ride and couldn't imagine for the life of me why people would risk their lives even more by downing a couple of cold ones and then riding off on two-wheels. It's hard enough doing that and riding off on four-wheels.

A lot of the weekday meet-ups are at places like Bostons, Buffalo Wild Wyngs, and even a coffee shop like Full Throttle (way up North). You get to meet all sorts of people and at all ages at those meet-ups. People will sometimes ride to those meet-ups, too. If you just want to ride, then post up in Canyon Carving, but do it at least a day in advance. Not everyone has the same days off.

Sully
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
YOU ALLLLLLL should come to Boston's Bike Night next Wednesday ! There are a ton of bikers that go and you will be able to meet new people to ride with !! :up:

p.s. You don't have to be 21 to go! :D

gtn
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
I'm with Sully. Bike nights are a great way to meet members of the group. You get to see who has the same riding interests, days off, kind of bike, etc.

Don't write-off the more mature folks. There are plenty of mature folks in the group that can seriously ride. There are also some that are still learning like the younger ones.

The bottom line is to not ride with anyone that makes you uncomfortable. I haven't met anyone in this group that will give you trouble for that.

BeoBe
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
yup ride your own ride

michaelawsome
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
damn. didnt think i would get that much input. thanks.. is that bike night this wensday coming up?

asp_125
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
With this crowd I think the majority of us keep drinking and riding to two separate activities. We're more likely to be hanging out at coffee shops and Bostons etc than biker bars.

BeoBe
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
yea, if you want drinkin and riding catch up with a harley gang lol...

GhettoChild
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I just turned 19 back in Feb.

Sortarican
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
I have the body of an 18 year old............

It's in the trunk of my car.
(Need to do something with it.....it's starting to smell.):lol:

But seriously, you should try to organize a youngblood ride, kinda like the noobie ride we just had.

michaelawsome
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
ha nice one

zetaetatheta
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'm exactly 17+18+19

Captain Obvious
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm exactly 17+18+19

HAHA. And you smell like bars and shit.

michaelawsome
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
? how does that make sense in any way at all?

swademaster
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
17+18+19=54

GrlRdr
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
What are you guys talking about? I'm sure Bostons sells more beer on Bike Night than any other nite of the week! I see LOTS of CSCers who drink beer and ride. Not knocking Bike Nights at all...I have a great time (without drinking)!! But this group definitely has it's fair share of riders who drink. Not saying they drink at every event, but I see it a lot.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun May 24th, 2009, 01:23 AM
On a long ride, I'll drink a beer with lunch sometimes... and a few after I get home...

Bueller
Sun May 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
What are you guys talking about? I'm sure Bostons sells more beer on Bike Night than any other nite of the week! I see LOTS of CSCers who drink beer and ride.
+1 :lol:

Captain Obvious
Sun May 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I see LOTS of CSCers who drink beer and ride.

Shame. Put all of them on the list of idiots I will refuse to ride with.

OUTLAWD
Sun May 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm not a big drinker, but I normally have a beer when I get to bostons, then leave 2-2.5 hours later...

I guess I am an idiot, and will no longer bring my shameful self to any CSC events

Captain Obvious
Sun May 24th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not a big drinker, but I normally have a beer when I get to bostons, then leave 2-2.5 hours later...

I guess I am an idiot, and will no longer bring my shameful self to any CSC events

Oh no, you can go to as many events as you want. I simply won't ride with you. :)

Captain Obvious
Sun May 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM

And if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "I only had one beer" I would be a rich man.

michaelawsome
Sun May 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
helll yea to that captain obvious

OUTLAWD
Sun May 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
And if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "I only had one beer" I would be a rich man.

I suppose you talk to alot of people with little self control then

with that said, beers on me next bike night! :drink:

...or tea for the responsible folks

michaelawsome
Mon May 25th, 2009, 12:16 AM
i dont really have a problem with it.. me personal i would drink and ride a bike. but that is totally my opinion, the whole thread is just asking if there is teens in colorado that ride haha it turned into strickly beer talk hah

OUTLAWD
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I feel ya man, sorry for taking part in the 'jack...
I'm no longer a teen, and everyone I've met so far on the board is awesome, but it would be nice to maybe meet up with some people that are closer to my age, instead of closer to twice my age...

BeoBe
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM
me personal i would drink and ride a bike.

wow.. see this is why its going to be worse on teenagers... your only 17 and already willing to do something when you havent even been legal to drink yet... i cant say wise decision for someone thats still wet behind the ears..

GrlRdr
Mon May 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
i would drink and ride a bike.

Yeah, I'm not real impressed with this either... :down:

THE3BS
Mon May 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
So how many of you are going to get hammered and ride wheelies in the parking lot at Bostons Wednesday night?

BeoBe
Mon May 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
maybe while your add it throw in a loaded handgun

~Barn~
Mon May 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Ha! Just wait till you find yourself on a CSC camping trip!

Nowhere else will this forum ever put your life in more danger, than with coolers (plural) full of tallboys and Fireball, enough :siesta: for hours of uninterrupted Lynyrd Skynyrd, a campfire about 5-to-7 feet too tall for marshmallows, and some firearms for good measure.

Oh yeah.. Probably a couple of mini-dirtbikes, just to be safe. :lol:

THE3BS
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM

Nowhere else will this forum ever put your life in more danger, than with coolers (plural) full of tallboys and Fireball, enough :siesta: for hours of uninterrupted Lynyrd Skynyrd, a campfire about 5-to-7 feet too tall for marshmallows, and some firearms for good measure.

Motorcycles + Firearms + Mass consumption of alcohol = a really good time.

You know a mans got true talent when he can throwback a tall boy while riding out a wheelie and siting in a squirell with his semi auto. :).

Spy007
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wait... what kind of emo thread is this that you are bitching that you arent old enough to drink with the other riders who like to get together off hours and drink? You're young... ride a sportbike... so go ride it and quit worrying that the old folks wont be there to wipe your ass.

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Wait... what kind of emo thread is this that you are bitching that you arent old enough to drink with the other riders who like to get together off hours and drink? You're young... ride a sportbike... so go ride it and quit worrying that the old folks wont be there to wipe your ass.

+2 cents: Don't worry about drinkin.. after a couple of years of doing it legally, you will either:

1.) Stop giving a shit about it and begin drinking less and less

or

2.) Become a raging alcoholic.

Personally, I think drinking and riding is pretty F-ing stupid, but.. to each their own. You won't find me riding where I'm not fully aware and prepared to react.

Slo
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I don't drink at all, some do, some don't. Everyone will make their own choices, I personally don't see an issue with drinking as long as you keep it check. Now I wouldn't recommend going on a canyon blast but everyone should know their own limits and the legal limits.

But yeah, michael, just get out there to some bike nights. You'll meet plenty of people. Hell, get out to some weekend rides, no one cares how old or young you are...well most don't.

Big-J
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM

:cheers:

Good Times!

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
no man that was a typo i deff defff ment not drink sorry bout that

busagirl
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM
So how many of you are going to get hammered and ride wheelies in the parking lot at Bostons Wednesday night?

:hibye:

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
no man that was a typo i deff defff ment not drink sorry bout that

Thats good buddy.. There are plenty of other stupid things to do on a bike other than drinking and riding. Like.. going 132mph on C470.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
well going fast is a def. story for me. ha im pretty risky on that one. like 168 on a cop infested highway down in florida

MetaLord 9
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
If I show up to Bostons at 4 o'clock, have a 3 beers, 2 appetizers, am done with it all by 6:30, and then ride home at 9 or 9:30 then I'm fine. Riding buzzed/tipsy/drunk is stupid. Knowing your limits, however, is definately something one should learn. Because I know & respect my limits doesn't make me a baby-killer for having a beer or two when I'm on two wheels, as long as I do so properly and take the appropriate steps

dallas
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I always drink and ride. That is why I have the only R-1 I know of with a cup holder.......

SaShWhO
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
From the standpoint of feeling comfortable and safe I think I'd rather ride with a bunch of beered up experienced riders than a sober teen noob.
no offense.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
i said it was a typo i will never drink and ride a bike. ive lost a friend who did that. im not makin that mistake

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM
well going fast is a def. story for me. ha im pretty risky on that one. like 168 on a cop infested highway down in florida
Wow.. Thats fast. 132 is my record. Can't imagine 168..

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
what kinda of bike do you have.. and yea i really wanted to top it out. but i got pretty scared at 168, i didnt want to go any fast then that, if my bike even goes faster.

Graphite675
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM

And that is exactly why Florida just passed a law making 50 over (was originally 30) or the front wheel leaving the ground a felony offense with a $3000 fine.

Good luck, hope you make it to your 18th birthday driving like that on the highway and don't kill someone else in the process.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
i dont drive like that in groups. it wass like a one time thing.. riding down there is so much diferent. everybodys bike is tuned to get the highest top speed. noone stops for cops, its a crazy place down there on a bike.thats just how they do it down there. i dont even think ive been over a 100 up here

MetaLord 9
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
And that is exactly why Florida just passed a law making 50 over (was originally 30) or the front wheel leaving the ground a felony offense with a $3000 fine.

Good luck, hope you make it to your 18th birthday driving like that on the highway and don't kill someone else in the process.

.+1

Drinking to the point of impairment then riding, and redlining a 100+hp bike on a public road are two different colors of the same stupid.

They're both activities in which many of us have participated, but they usually serve as "damn, that was both scary and stupid, now I know not to do that anymore" situations.

Graphite675
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
i dont drive like that in groups. it wass like a one time thing.. riding down there is so much diferent. everybodys bike is tuned to get the highest top speed. noone stops for cops, its a crazy place down there on a bike.thats just how they do it down there. i dont even think ive been over a 100 up here

Groups or by yourself it's still a foolish thing to do on a public street. Want to challenge yourself and see what the bike can do go to the track. Not trying to be a dick, just hate seeing young kids killed on the streets all the time.

I just moved from Florida and they definitely have there share of idiots, and everyone one is sick of them that's for sure. That's why the big crack down on them recently.

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
what kinda of bike do you have.. and yea i really wanted to top it out. but i got pretty scared at 168, i didnt want to go any fast then that, if my bike even goes faster.

'08 GSXR. Just wanted to test my limits a little. That's more than as fast as I ever cared to go. A one time kinda thing for me. Don't plan on making that a habit and only did it for about 1.5 miles with 2 cars around near bandimere. I agree with what others are saying about the same color of stupid. Be careful out there buddy. There's a lot of great things in life you have to look forward to yet. Man.. I'm 28 and there is still a lot I have to look forward to that makes me keep it cool on the streets.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
yea i understand where your comin from. only if we had a track that wasnt 6 hours away from us. im def. going to a track here. ive been wanting to for so long. where is the best one for someone who has never been and about how much is it for a full day at a track?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue May 26th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I highly doubt your r-6 was doing 168, unless you have a speedo healer...the faster your bike goes...the more off the speedo gets.

Trust me...when i had my zx6r, i took my GPS along...it said 163 on the speedo and only 130 on the gps. They are usually off by 10-15%, and if you've gear'd it at all...it's even more wrong.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
O YEA YEA I NO IT WAS ONLY SPEEDO. I WAS DOING 148 GPS

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
O YEA YEA I NO IT WAS ONLY SPEEDO. I WAS DOING 148 GPS

Gawd --- I'm impressed :slappers:

BeoBe
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM
there was a kid down here, i think he was 18 or 19.. got a little tipsy and had an 18 year old girl on the back of his bike and he was going pretty damn fast.. hit a big dip and ejected the girl off the back of the bike, she went up and came down head first breaking her neck and killing her.. Never heard the ending story but i dont even think the kid was in jail too long...

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM
yea it was def a typo everybody i wont drink and drive ever. thats is why i wont drink and ride shit like that happens

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
yea it was def a typo everybody i wont drink and drive ever. thats is why i wont drink and ride shit like that happens

But was it a typo? Lol HA

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
ha yeppp it sure wasss

sugarrey
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM
"DENIAL"

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM
def not.. im 17.. why would i want to drink and ride a bike. i think going fast is enough for me.

UglyDogRacing
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM

Zero. you'll be booted

yea i understand where your comin from. only if we had a track that wasnt 6 hours away from us. im def. going to a track here. ive been wanting to for so long. where is the best one for someone who has never been and about how much is it for a full day at a track?

check out http://chicanetrackdays.com/ Next event Monday June 8th at HPR

Bueller
Tue May 26th, 2009, 04:27 PM

And if you bring that behavior here we will end up with the same bullshit laws here.

From the standpoint of feeling comfortable and safe I think I'd rather ride with a bunch of beered up experienced riders than a sober teen noob.
no offense.

Awesome dude, you should re read this post. ^

No one (older and slower) wants to take a chance on riding with you because you are young, dumb and full of cum as the saying goes. When you come on boasting about land speed records in cop infested roads we all just cringed.
Show up on some group rides, DONT ride like an ass and possibly people will be interested in riding with you in the future.

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
yea i no im keepin it slow here i dont want to have shity first impressions. or to have any shity impressions. im not a bad rider at all. but im still young of course ima try and find my limits, just not on the street anymore.

sugarrey
Tue May 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
yeah well colorado is a great place to find what your limitations are. I find one or two every time I ride the canyons.

I even found one yesterday....

Limitations are good to find, but sometimes not so fun to experience - I said that!

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
ha yea i hear you. they can put you in some pain. ive experienced some of those before.. as katt williams says.. nigga if you ride you gunna fall..

BeoBe
Tue May 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM
yea canyons can be a real eye opener... just dont try and keep up with daemon

sugarrey
Tue May 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
ha yea i hear you. they can put you in some pain. ive experienced some of those before.. as katt williams says.. nigga if you ride you gunna fall..

Well thats an interesting way to put it...I didnt fall, but it was what I would call a serious mis-cue (sp)

michaelawsome
Tue May 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
o yea i hate those. ha i was just sayin somethin that makes me laugh all time time when i watch him on tv

Bueller
Tue May 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I even found one yesterday....

Me thinks a new front tire might save you some pain :lol: