PDA

View Full Version : Bike Hit by Car!!!

angab
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
A little story and shoutout to this poor rider (I hope you and your bike are okay):

Yesterday around 2.45 pm I was exiting the die-25 SB on 20th in downtown. There was this jackass in a beat up, old blue station wagon in front of me exiting as well. He acted like he was going to turn left at the top of the ramp then swerved across three lanes to go right instead.

I was going left so I sat at the red light waiting to turn and looked up just in time to see the station wagon hit a motorcyclist who was riding toward him! The car hit the motorcycle in the rear, just behind the rider's leg (thank God!), probably messing up his chain and sprocket. The guy also had big plastic saddle bags on - it was some kind of adventure bike - and plastic and stuff inside those went all over the road.

The most amazing thing was that the rider didn't even fall! He swerved a lot, but must have twisted that throttle hard because he was able to bring the bike to an upright position and then to a full stop. He just kinda sat on it for a second - I'm sure he was totally freaked out. The station wagon came to a stop maybe 20 feet behind the guy and just sat there too.

Then my light turned green.

Moral of the story: be on the lookout for idiots ALL the time! Especially this weekend (see NickNinja's thread).

Violator
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
what was a color of adventure bike?

Devaclis
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
You have to pay attention for everyone on the road. They are not going to do it themselves. Glad to hear the rider was able to keep the shiny side up :)

angab
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
what was a color of adventure bike?

Black, and rider in all or mostly black.

McVaaahhh
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Damn, close one for the rider. :wtf: