PDA

View Full Version : bad boys, bad boys, whacha gonna do?

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
whacha gonna do when they come for you?

Okay so after our previous discussions, myself and tipys were having a discussion on what exactly entails a "bad boy". I figured that being "todays rebel" biker, drinking, partying, swearing, fighting, breaking laws, tattooed, and pierced would be enough to qualify, but perhaps responsibility and decency negate these things. Or is being a "bad boy" based solely on being an a$$h0!e.

what is the consesus?

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
A*hole

Unfortunately, there's also this sort of preconceived notion that someone with lots of piercings, tattoos, etc. also signifies a "bad boy"...meh. It's not the packaging, it's the innards that make a person. Unfortunately, not everyone gets that.

Matty
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
ain't such thing as a modern day "Bad Boy." And if they are, they're most likely a poser.

Matty
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
A*hole

Unfortunately, there's also this sort of preconceived notion that someone with lots of piercings, tattoos, etc. also signifies a "bad boy"...meh. It's not the packaging, it's the innards that make a person. Unfortunately, not everyone gets that.
Very true Kathy....

Let's see. Tattoos (check), Piercings (check), and ya i'm sometimes an asshole. But i still ain't a Bad Boy.

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Very true Kathy....

Let's see. Tattoos (check), Piercings (check), and ya i'm sometimes an asshole. But i still ain't a Bad Boy.

That's what I'm talking about, Matty.

Jim, the thing is...people tend to hang with their own. It may take a while to weed through some of those who are posing, but those not worthy do tend to fade away.

daemon
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
thats why you are stuck with me hanging around all the time...

derekm
Mon May 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
just by reading the title I was gonna say click 2 & GO!

Shea
Mon May 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
As has been said, depends on your definition. "Back in the day" a bad boy broke with the conventions of society. Today, all of those things that defined those bad boys, tattoos, piercings, certain style of dress, behavior, have become so commonplace (and run into the ground) that they are almost a parody of themselves.

Anytime I see some suburban wannabe-thug with tattoos, piercings, wearing their flat cap cocked to the side and his pants around his ankles, I don't see a "bad boy" or a rebel. I just see some poser who has no internal locus of control trying to fit in with what he thinks is the "in" crowd.

But then again I psycho-analyze everyone I meet :)

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
...alright Jim....and what do you consider a "good girl"?

Tipys
Mon May 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Shea makes a good point I think with pointing out that the so called "bad boys" are the wanna be gangster types that you see in the subarbs.

See I hear from friends that are girls all the time complain about always ending up dating an asshole. I had one that I told them they were part of the problem if they kept dating them. She replayed about how yes she has dated the "bad boys" before and ever girl does. This is kinda what sparked this decussion.

Now it really makes you wonder what is a "bad boy"? It seems to me that the so called "bad boy" is just women using a different word then just calling them an asshole or wanna be gangster.

Now pandora that is a good question. However I have never heard a guy complain about dating another good girl. But to anwser your question I see a "good girl" as not nessialy someone the follows all the rules or anything like that but just someone that basicly has there head on right, responibleish.

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
...alright Jim....and what do you consider a "good girl"?
here is a good girl........has dignity and self respect, loyal, honest,responsible, and honestly caring about thier family shows good character. these things make a "good girl", not being a "prude", however nymphos are bumped out of the catagory as they know not what loyalty is. .........see simple.

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I had to really think about what constitutes a "bad boy". I think it's a guy who lives an exciting life, on the edge, lives it with gusto which makes being with one appealing to many women; however, it is also one that you know intrinsically is "bad" for you in the ways that matter....i.e. - longevity of relationship, loyalty, responsibility, self-preservation; good father material, moral character, good role model, etc.

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I had to really think about what constitutes a "bad boy". I think it's a guy who lives an exciting life, on the edge, lives it with gusto which makes being with one appealing to many women; however, it is also one that you know intrinsically is "bad" for you in the ways that matter....i.e. - longevity pf relationship, loyalty, responsibility, self-preservation; good father material, moral character, good role model, etc.
see i kinda thought the same from what i had gathered, heres my dilema though, i am seen as a "good guy" but I would say i live a rather exciting life, I am wild on my bike (however NEVER with a passenger), i am always pushing limits whether it be diving, riding, or just doing something ballsy that no one thought i would, and when i do something i "dive in head first" and go gung ho, but i may be confused. where is the division?

i will be back to carry on when i am done at the gym.

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
There is a difference between doing what we call exciting albeit as a "good person", compared to doing exciting stuff and still being undesirable. People do know the difference, ya know.

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
see i kinda thought the same from what i had gathered, heres my dilema though, i am seen as a "good guy" but I would say i live a rather exciting life, I am wild on my bike (however NEVER with a passenger), i am always pushing limits whether it be diving, riding, or just doing something ballsy that no one thought i would, and when i do something i "dive in head first" and go gung ho, but i may be confused. where is the division?

i will be back to carry on when i am done at the gym.

"Diving in headfirst" without concern for the ones who rely on you for their care is considered reckless and "bad boy" behavior. That may be where the disconnect for you comes in.
Responsible people go for their "gusto" with foresight....not diving in.
my .02....
(People who don't have children may not need to heed this.)

Or .....internet definition:
The typical Bad Boy:
is cocky, arrogant
always puts himself first
is inattentive to a woman's needs
does what he wants when he wants to do it, regardless of what anyone else thinks
acts like a loose cannon
struts his masculine sexuality
isn't even remotely a "nice" guy
treats women badly
often uses women for sex

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
often uses women for sex
well i certainly dont use men for it.......:slappers:

~Barn~
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Oh a whole, I think the philosophy of don't judge a book by is cover is pretty true. But that doesn't mean that certain stereotypical looks don't fit their target.

I mean if you throw enough at the wall, some is gonna stick, and yes, the emo look is generally a "founded" look, as is an inked-out, or pierced-out (or any combination therein) look. Does it mean that a person is a "bad" anything for any particular look? Absolutely not. Parts of their personality might fit what they are going for, and our own definitions of *bad* may or maynot apply, but don't ever assume somebody tough/not-tough, by the way they decorate themselves.

I mean a bad boy can absolutely be behind a leather-bound, wickedmean looking, pierced out, Hells Angel type thug. Or a gangster looking, saggin' jean ass, sports jersey wearing hoodster.

You're damn right you might be onto a bad boy if you draw the wrong card, with somebody who looks like that. But both of those looks can hide pansy-asses too, who are probably afraid of HOA security, much less law enforcement, or worse-yet real thugs!

And the flip can be said (maybe not to the same degree), of the other half. Just because you'll come across a square looking person, or somebody who is borderline nerdy, don't think they won't absolutely ruin your day, and beat you mercilessly, if you push them. Or even worse, kill your ass. My buddies for instance... We'll call them "JJ" and "Dean" to protect the innocent..... Those cats carry fuckin' guns with him, and they want you to give them a reason to shoot you. I promise.

Anyway... long story short, there are lots of different ways to appear to be a bad boy, lots of different ways to actually be a habitual bad boy, and bad boys who are just waiting for their opportunity, if-not actively kinda baiting you to unleash them. So yeah... don't judge a book by it's cover, and make sure you know the contents pretty intimately, before you think you're ready to give anybody a book review. :up:

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
well i certainly dont use men for it.......:slappers:

The operative word being "uses".......lol....

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Barn and Shea and Cathy,
I do love reading your posts. Ya'll are so thoughtful and....literate!!!:)

~Barn~
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Don't ever group me in with Shea. Unless it's somewhere he can get us free food, and/or drinks.

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:40 PM
hey im literate......just not grammatic

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Barn and Shea and Cathy,
I do love reading your posts. Ya'll are so thoughtful and....literate!!!:)

Thanks!

Now, how's come that doesn't mean a hill o'beans where that someone special is concerned?

Meh...I don't know that I care anymore...kinda tired of feeling badly and questioning myself all the damn time, dontchya know. By the way, Jim...try not to dwell on it too much...it'll drive ya nuts...speaking from experience here. And yes, I'm only guessing why you've asked the question about "bad boys".

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM
no actually this was another post tryin to drum up some humorous debate.....

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
My buddies for instance... We'll call them "JJ" and "Dean" to protect the innocent..... Those cats carry fuckin' guns with him, and they want you to give them a reason to shoot you. I promise.

ROTFLOL

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Ah...ok...well then...

...check out the video on "Bad Boys Bail Bonds" for some humor...

http://www.badboysbailbonds.com/

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM
So Jim....are you the bad boy or not?

That's gotta be you in the orange shirt getting tweaked by your mama.

Shea
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Don't ever group me in with Shea. Unless it's somewhere he can get us free food, and/or drinks.

Cute...

~Barn~
Mon May 25th, 2009, 08:51 PM
:D

The Black Knight
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Okay so after our previous discussions, myself and tipys were having a discussion on what exactly entails a "bad boy". I figured that being "todays rebel" biker, drinking, partying, swearing, fighting, breaking laws, tattooed, and pierced would be enough to qualify, but perhaps responsibility and decency negate these things. Or is being a "bad boy" based solely on being an a$$h0!e.

what is the consesus?
I think you could put this into two categories. Bad Boys and Bad Asses, and I'll define the latter first.

To me a "Bad Ass" is say for instance some special ops type, that you wouldn't know what they do for a profession and are very humble about it. Yet when the SHTF so to speak they know exactly what to do. That's a limited definition, I could add more but won't to keep it short - (in my opinion a single dad that raises his kid(s) on his own and makes sure they have a roof over their head, food and clothing and are kept safe/protected, qualifies as a bad ass to me as well)

Now "Bad Boys" on the other hand, I think would classify as "Douchebags". Here's why, because just because your a rebel or a drinker or hard partier or into fighting and swearing and all the BS that comes with being a douchebag. Doesn't necessarily mean your cool but that your just a bad boy or douchebag.

And to stoke the fire a little more, the reason I think alot of women get wrapped up with "douchebags" instead of "bad asses" is because they don't know any better at times. They see the glam the douchebags put on and get enamored with it, for awhile though. Then they realize that he's just another run of the mill douchebag. However, some women have been in this rut for so long and that is why I think many just stay with the worthless loser types.

Really you could dissect it all day and night. The intricacies of the female mind have captivated me for a long time. Hindsight is 20/20 when you're on the outside. You can see how all the douchebags get ahead or make headway with women and the nice guys/bad asses(yes I believe the two can be the same: see definiton above) are left at the curb. Not always but a good portion of the time it happens that way.

Usually the bad boy/douchebags are the best looking, most popular, cool acting, blah blah blah. But they aren't always the best choice and that's my opinion. Can a bad boy/douchbag turn into a bad ass/nice guy I believe so. It's just a long road for them to travel.

my .02 cents :)

SLVRSURFR
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM

what is the consesus?

What does wiki-pedia say? LOL

zetaetatheta
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I agree bad boys are douche bags--always in the quim:hump:

mtnairlover
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I think both genders can fall into the category. Some stay in that category their whole lives and some figure things out, grow up, and learn to care about others. It all depends on the person and their time for growth. Some people understand what's important as they grow as human beings, some think it's what their peers say they should be, or the media, or prevailing cultural norm.

Now, the genuine person? Now, that person is sometimes a rarity in prevailing culture even though there are more genuine human beings around than the "bad boys", but have you ever noticed the air of the genuine person? The confidence, not arrogance, but just honest to goodness confidence that being who you are is what matters.

I think the "bad boy" will always be around in one form or another...sometimes redefined, but essentially the same.

jimwallace
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM
So Jim....are you the bad boy or not?

That's gotta be you in the orange shirt getting tweaked by your mama.
yeah, that was me a time or two.....minus the gay ass wangsta wear.

zetaetatheta
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
We have the definition of bad boys (douche bags), bad asses (heroes, good guys), what about pussies?

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I think every woman should experience a bad boy once in her life.....especially when she is young.

Pandora-11
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:42 PM
We have the definition of bad boys (douche bags), bad asses (heroes, good guys), what about pussies?

PLease define...lol
Can't wait to hear this one.

zetaetatheta
Mon May 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM
PLease define...lol
Can't wait to hear this one.

Let me check Dick - opedia

Spy007
Mon May 25th, 2009, 10:01 PM
<--- asshole, douchebag, retard..... but not a bad boy

Oh wait... forgot woman beater

RajunCajun
Mon May 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm not saying I'm a "bad boy", but I've been told by numerous girls that they thought I was. I guess it's just because I'm bald, usually pretty scruffy in the face and I workout a lot. I occasionally will get in someones face or threaten or fight anyone that mess with my friends or family. I love to ride motorcycles and listen to metal and apparently look pissed off most of the time. The funny thing is, I attract mainly "good girls" And by good girls, I mean chicks that love their family, work hard for a good education and carer, and respect themselves and demand that respect from other people, especially from their men. It is funny because the good girls are looking for bad boys but not really. They seem to be looking for a bad boy that is really a good boy. By that I mean, a guy who is kinda rough and tough, and will protect them no matter what, but still loyal, faithful, honest and even sensitive. I say this because almost all of the girls that show interest in me are those kinds of girls. Ohhhhh, yeah, most of them are virgins too, don't know how I forgot that little detail:cry:. That was totally a pain in the ass when I was in college. Now that I'm 30 and kind of an adult, it means that I meet really special girls that are probably worth waiting for. I'm not saying that I wait, :hump: hahah, kidding, kinda, but I meet some really great girls. Anyway, like I said, good girls looking for bad boys. My current girlfriend is the exact same as above. She is smart, funny, caring and as loyal as anyone I've ever met. I hope to marry her and guess what, I'm her "bad boy". Aint that some shit? Anyway, that's my take on it...

kawasakirob
Tue May 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
The quite ones are generally the ones who could beat up the a$$holes

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
A*hole

You are right, it's what's inside that counts, but if you are advertising something else on the outside you can't blame someone for buying what you are selling.

asp_125
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM
As I've gotten old(er) I have come to the conclusion that girls are initially attracted by bad boys (aka douchebags) but women see past that BS and are attracted by men; the confident unassuming ones.

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
The quiet ones are generally the ones who could beat up the a$$holes

If you need to brag about something, you probably feel inferior about your performance at it.

Spy007
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
If you need to brag about something, you probably feel inferior about your performance at it.

Are you wearing a tight shirt right about now?

Devaclis
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
A*hole

When you can't BE a badass, dress up like one. Kinda of like a little girl dressing up like a princess.

~Barn~
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Kinda like women wearing white on their wedding day.
:D

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Bad boys, Good Guys.. Both are equally a joke. Find the middle ground that works for you or you'll be walked on, taken for granted or left alone sitting your fat azz at home with a beer and some lotion.

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Are you wearing a tight shirt right about now?

What are you trying to imply?

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM

That a childs small just doesn't work for a grown man? Dunno.. just throwing that one out there.. take it or leave it.

Sully
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:35 PM
When you can't BE a badass, dress up like one. Kinda of like a little girl dressing up like a princess.

But I AM a princess, damnit!!! Complete with tatts, piercings and my own bike... :eyebrows: lol

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
That a childs small just doesn't work for a grown man? Dunno.. just throwing that one out there.. take it or leave it.

Do you think I wear a child's small or are you just jumping on the bandwagon?

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Do you think I wear a child's small or are you just jumping on the bandwagon?

HA HA! I'm just on the band wagon with all the other drunkards and looneys! Why.. do you wear a childs small? Cause.. that'd be wierd..

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM
HA HA! I'm just on the band wagon with all the other drunkards and looneys! Why.. do you wear a childs small? Cause.. that'd be wierd..

No I don't, though some of the people on here would like you to think so.

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
No I don't, though some of the people on here would like you to think so.

Good to hear.. had me scared for a second. Actually, seems that you are one of the most reasonable logical peeps on this site. Just don't tie your shirts in knots.. deal?

mtnairlover
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Ha, ha...

I still get weird confused looks when I tell people I ride a sportbike. They always say that I don't look the "type". Seriously? There's a "type"?

Advertising no longer sways me...I gotta get to know a person.

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Good to hear.. had me scared for a second. Actually, seems that you are one of the most reasonable logical peeps on this site. Just don't tie your shirts in knots.. deal?

Only Sortarican does that :)

Horsman
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I wear baggy shirts so all you don't have to see this...
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Gruvedawg_bucket/Bodybuilder.jpg

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I wear baggy shirts so all you don't have to see this...
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Gruvedawg_bucket/Bodybuilder.jpg

So that's why they call you Horsman? Can you still hold it when you pee? lolz

Spy007
Tue May 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Stop shopping at baby gap?

Shea
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Stop shopping at baby gap?

Will do, as soon as you stop being a jackass.

Spy007
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Will do, as soon as you stop being a jackass.

Guess that will never happen :D

~Barn~
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Not true. Baby GAP may go under, with the economy the way it is.

:dunno:

Spy007
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Shit... now i gotta act nice? I was beginning to channel the DK essence