PDA

View Full Version : Chrome everything???

bdog00
Fri Nov 1st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know where to get chrome done without having to sell the farm? :?: :?: :?: :?: Or maybe good polishing.[/b]

BlueDevil
Mon Nov 4th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Sure thing. Tribe Custom Finishing. I have delt with Craig and he was pretty cool. He will give you an estimate if U take your bike down to him. Here is the info. They are resonably priced.

Phone: 303-202-5827

7727 W 6th Ave Unit A
Lakewood, CO 80215
email: TribeCustoms@yahoo.com

Good luck!!

chingonbox
Wed Jan 8th, 2003, 10:11 AM
I have already polished 3 sets of wheels and some other parts its fairly simple... let me know what your interested in. 8)

Anonymous
Wed Jan 8th, 2003, 10:37 AM
A word on chroming:

DO NOT chrome load bearing parts! This means anything that takes forces like weight or torque, i.e. wheels or swingarms, frames, etc.

The chroming process traps chemicals against the metal which eat it away over time, eventually causing critical failure at some particularly bad moments. Even the cleanest shops doing the best job possible will leave trace amounts of these chemicals, as they soak into the pores of the metal.

Imagine taking a corner at speed in a canyon, and having your swingarm snap in two because it turned to swiss cheese under the chrome. Not pretty...

You are better off polishing, anodizing, or powder coating.

Cap
Wed Jan 8th, 2003, 11:26 AM
If anyone wants to powder coat any part, I have a great guy up in Windsor. He does a fabulous job, and his prices can't be beat. I know, I checked everywhere prior to going to him. He's got all the colors under the sun.

Ask for Ron @ Coating Specialties (970) 686-6318. He's done every part on my bike and I couldn't be happier!

jwimbauer
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 12:33 PM
If anyone wants to powder coat any part, I have a great guy up in Windsor. He does a fabulous job, and his prices can't be beat. I know, I checked everywhere prior to going to him. He's got all the colors under the sun.

Ask for Ron @ Coating Specialties (970) 686-6318. He's done every part on my bike and I couldn't be happier!

Are those the guys in Golden?

thanks

jurgen

Cap
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM
thanks
jurgen

Jurgen, this is a small shop in Windsor. I'm heading up there tonight to pick up my orange frame!

jwimbauer
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 03:29 PM
thanks
jurgen

Jurgen, this is a small shop in Windsor. I'm heading up there tonight to pick up my orange frame!

Kewl - let me know how it looks - I need some powdercoating stuff done. Once I did my TZ250 in red (wheels, frame and swing arm) and the fairing in white/red.

It looked like a two-stroke addition to the local fire department. :roll:

Cap
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I'll do 1 better an get a picture in here. Congratulations on geting your online store up and running. As soon as I find out what my MRA number will be this year, I'll be a customer.