PDA

View Full Version : BolderBoulder

blaircsf
Mon May 25th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone run it, walk it, ride their BMW at the start, etc? I ran it, did alright, a bit off today although the weather was great for running.

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Fuck the BB --- I watched our tax dollars fly over military hardware and piss away my tax dollars. If you think this is a good thing than FUCK YOU :321:

wankel7
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Dude, it was Mermorial Day. What is wrong with a little flyover?

They happen countless times across the country in Airshows.

The pilots need to stay proficient. I am sure for every hour the planes fly there are several hours of maintance. So, mechanics are staying proficient working on the planes. The briefers are staying proficient in giving briefings for the flight....blah blah blah. The money isn't completely wasted.

Anytime the military fires up a jet and it isn't dropping bombs on an enemy...it is a waste?

willb003
Tue May 26th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Yeah you pretty much summed it up wankel7, they use times like that to practice.

Bueller
Tue May 26th, 2009, 05:50 AM
You want to see fly overs go sit outside Buckley, they work on planes all day out there and fly them around.
We rode through Boulder to get to our ride and the traffic sucked, I can surely do with out it.

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Fireworks are a chunk of tax payer dollars too. I don't have a problem with my tax money being used as a reminder to us that we have freedoms.

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Ran this in 07. Kicked my ass. Managed to run the 6.3 or so miles with a 60min 28sec. Not great but not bad. That last hill is a piece!

Sean
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM
It's a fun race to do, just couldn't justify the $$ they were charging this year. It keeps going up and I run all the time anyways. Yeah, traffic sucked and there were tons of morons everywhere, but they were gone by 2:00. My fav is the group at the end that just keeps playing "the final countdown" by Europe. :lol:

N_N- Damn dude, who pissed in your Wheaties?

McVaaahhh
Tue May 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
N_N- Damn dude, who didn't piss in your Wheaties?

Fixed that for ya. :D

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Fixed that for ya. :D

At least i don't get lost on a n00b ride :D

Zach929rr
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZYEvkPRJ7VI/R0NYTLhD4LI/AAAAAAAAABY/y_LiEsMrn7U/s1600/ohsnap.jpg

McVaaahhh
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Didn't get lost, just improvised the route a little bit. :siesta:

pauliep
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ran in 49:10, it was a total blast. I wish I would have ran last year so I could goof off this year.Screw you Nick Ninja and your insecurities with pilots getting their flights hours. They are going to fly regardless. I'm sure he is mad that tax dollars are shot through my rifle as I qual on the rifle range every year. That I rent the local Beck pool almost every three months to teach water survival to Marines since we don't have a pool on Buckley all the while we fight wars in the desert. Or that Marines run a Toys for Tots program every year and collect toys during working hours and weekends. Maybe he is upset he doesn't have his own holiday. Go pound sand!

Mister BOYD
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Ran in 49:10, it was a total blast.

Wow.. 49:10.. Nice work.

wankel7
Tue May 26th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm just glad I live in the country that has the military we have. I would hate to be on the receiving end of it!

TurboGizzmo
Tue May 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
My buddy ran it, he was making fun of all the junk food you got in the "snack pack"

sugarrey
Tue May 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I think I rode thru it, does that count?

Devaclis
Tue May 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Why run when I have an MC license?