PDA

View Full Version : Opera browser

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
A number of people use the Opera web browser on their BlackBerries here and have suggested I try it. I'm on the site, but have no clue which version to use. Help??? LOL

MetaLord 9
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM
mini

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Ohhh... I was on the Opera Mobile page - thus my confusion.
Muchus Gracias senor!

Gregger
Tue May 26th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Opera Mini isn't bad. Better than the BB browser. I still prefer Safari on my iPhone though. :)

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Never heard of Safari.... I still haven't found a browser that I really like yet...they all have quirks that drive me insane. I'm finding that I'm using mult. browsers depending on the page I'm viewing. I'm trying to get my mobile banking set up and Opera is not letting me check the little box saying I agree to the terms...grrrrr! lol

gtn
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Bolt isn't working for you? It's the best one I've found.

Zach929rr
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Gah. All you smartphone people. Razr 4 life!

Devaclis
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I prefer this Bowzer:

http://everyonelovesascandal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/bowzer-then.jpg

THE3BS
Tue May 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
If you plan to do heavy browsing the iPhone is hands down the best mobile browser on the market today.

I am currently using the Blackberry Bold. The Blackberry browser pretty much sucks. Its better then the previous versions but it still sucks. The Opera browser works pretty well on the Blackberry's.

Have you tried to find a mobile banking app for your phone instead of trying to use the website? A lot of the bigger banks have apps now for the Blackberry and the iPhone. The Blackberry now has an app stre like the iphone does called Blackberry app world. You may try installing that first and searching for an app before waisting anymore time trying to use a browser on your phone.

MetaLord 9
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You pictures size makes me think you're compensating, Dana...

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Bolt isn't working for you? It's the best one I've found.
I actually just now deleted it in trying to tweak my app memory. It was good and had some advantages over the BB browser, but I was having more trouble with it on certain sites than other browsers. Right now I'm trying to bounce between the BB and opera browsers.
I can't believe I left my cable at home b/c I need to do a serious back up before I start doing much more to it. I'm wanting to play around with some of the other OS's out there...but not before a back up.
I'm loving the Crackberry.com forums, but there is simply too much info scattered all over the place to be as helpful as it could be. lol

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue May 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Have you tried to find a mobile banking app for your phone instead of trying to use the website? A lot of the bigger banks have apps now for the Blackberry and the iPhone. The Blackberry now has an app stre like the iphone does called Blackberry app world. You may try installing that first and searching for an app before waisting anymore time trying to use a browser on your phone.

I bank with WaMu and a lot is still changing with the transition to Chase. Ugh...I'll be so glad when it is all done with! Anyway, on the BB browser, I'm able to do most everything WaMu through the browser. I tried to access it on Opera and it tries to download the mobile platform. This is actually what I want, but I can't get Opera to let me check the little "Agree" box for terms/conditions. I'm not sure how to get to it on the BB browser where I CAN check the little boxes though. I feel like I'm running in circles with all of this...thus why I'm keeping multiple browsers. :cry: