PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there guys

Clovis
Wed May 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Lately, I haven't gotten nearly as much riding out there as I would like to so I recently started reading up on the CSC to catch up on what I've been missing.

Polititics are of course, nothing new here the big dividing ground amoung our extended family. Most of the threads are people sharing their opinions and conversing with others in a civalized manor, but it truly saddens me when I see the personal attacks. The mentality of "if you're not with me, then you're a fucking idiot" isn't really fair.

The greatest thing our country and those who bravely fight for it every day offers is opporunity and freedom; the freedom to disagree.

So, I would encourage you, the next time that you find yourself about tel tear someone a new hole over the interest, remember that in our line of work, this person who you're about to berate, humiliate and break down, may be the only person holding your hand a ditch waiting for the helicopters to come and med-evac you from the side of a mountain road.

My point is, we were a motorcycle club -- we're all here because of what we enjoy doing and for some it's more involved the others but for everyone the enjoyment and comrodery that comes with motorcycles is it.

I've had the unique pleasure with meeting the most active board members and some of the reserved ones as well and over the course of my two years here I have come to appreciate you all as a second family to me. People that I know who will help me out when I'm in need and others I'm happy to do the same for, both on and off the road (not a plug here, but I have written several mortgages for CSC members and in same cases have been able to get them a phenominal deal, putting them in a better situation financially and potentially changing their lives. -- But, this thread isn't about me.

I would just suggest, the next time you feel the need to tear into someone, give yourself a pause for a moment and remember, this person is a part of my family, this person will be my friend one day.

Becareful with what you say today, because you never know how long we have. Each year during the riding season, sometimes two and three times a week there's a post about a fallen rider.

Be kind to your brothers, they're the people most likely to stick with you.

Be careful out there guys, and good luck.

-Clovis / Justin

(Sorry if any of this was hard to read, I feel like I'm having ADD -- I couldn't sleep last night so so I'm at 33 hours without sleep and strangly not tired, just not really here...

64BonnieLass
Wed May 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
THAT is a sweetheart post if I ever saw one. Thank you Clovis.

I agree wholeheartedly. That was sweet and genuine and kind.

Very true!!!

Be careful who you step on, on the way up. For you may need them on your way down. :)

BeoBe
Wed May 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
well said, and yea i totally agree