PDA

View Full Version : Must get rid of my pup!!! Please read! Please help!

LadyT
Thu May 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Ok so I have a puppy that is 10 mos now and I have had a lot of circumstances change and can no longer keep him.

I had a home ready for him, but the guy had circumstances change as well and backed out suddenly.

He is a good dog, but really needs a male owner. He was raised by my ex and listens much more to a man. He is about 50 lbs and has not seemed to grow much in the past few months. He is a boxer/pitbull and is as sweet as can be. He gets along with other dogs, cats, kids, everyone really. He knows many commands and tricks as well.

If you would like him or know anyone that would like him please let me know. Only to a good home. I love this dog and this is hard to do, but needs to be done. I do not want to give him to a shelter so please help me.

Pics below are from when I first got him till a couple days ago.

MVBrutaleRider
Thu May 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I WOULD LOVE TOO! unfortunately I already have 2... I have a serious soft spot for boxers and pits! i Have a 6 yr old boxer now and had a puppy pit but was gonna loose my apartment if i kept him.

DAMNIT! cute fucking dog though. looks like a handful.

Good luck and I hope he finds a good home!

- Justin

BeoBe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
thats sad that you have to get rid of him... you know just because a male raised him to listen doesn't mean he wont listen to you

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM
He is a good puppah! He loves to camp, and to eat ice, and to sleep on your lap.

Some one but it!!

Sean
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Soooooooooooo cute.
I'd be able to help you out if it were the middle of July. Until then my one be apt don't cut it :(

JPrider
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Ok so I have a puppy that is 10 mos now and I have had a lot of circumstances change and can no longer keep him.

I had a home ready for him, but the guy had circumstances change as well and backed out suddenly.

He is a good dog, but really needs a male owner. He was raised by my ex and listens much more to a man. He is about 50 lbs and has not seemed to grow much in the past few months. He is a boxer/pitbull and is as sweet as can be. He gets along with other dogs, cats, kids, everyone really. He knows many commands and tricks as well.

If you would like him or know anyone that would like him please let me know. Only to a good home. I love this dog and this is hard to do, but needs to be done. I do not want to give him to a shelter so please help me.

Pics below are from when I first got him till a couple days ago.

I'm interested!!! What's the dogs name? Will I have a problem registering him since he is half pit? Is he potty trained?
We use to have a Rott and lost her due to old age and my kids are wanting another dog. Is he good with kids? I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old!

PM sent!

64BonnieLass
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
:( Sorry to hear this Tamira. He's sooo sweet.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/Dogs/TamirasPuppy004.jpg

Keyser Soze
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Does he eat cats?

LadyT
Thu May 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm interested!!! What's the dogs name? Will I have a problem registering him since he is half pit? Is he potty trained?
We use to have a Rott and lost her due to old age and my kids are wanting another dog. Is he good with kids? I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old!

PM sent!

If you still live in Aurora you will :cry: They dont allow them. The funny thing is I live in Denver and have never had a problem with him. Not one person has asked if he is Pit, which is funny since I think he looks like one.

He is potty trained. He has never been around kids for a long period of time, but always tries to play with them when he sees them.

He is extremely playful and doesnt have one mean bone in his body.

LadyT
Thu May 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Does he eat cats?

No he tries to play with them. There is one by my condo that will let him get close enough to touch nose to nose.

Zanos
Thu May 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Awww... I want him so my pup has a playmate... :( Sadly I think that would be way to much for me.

Ricky
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
If I had a yard, I would take him... Unfortunately one big dog is already enough for me and my place...

My god he's cute!

BeoBe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
someone just take this dog so he doesn't have to go to a shelter...

hey lady t worse comes to worst the girl that bathes my dog has a like pit rescue thing and i could talk to her if anything and see if you cant find a home for him... out here we dont have pit problems but she rescues them from denver

bulldog
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
If you still live in Aurora you will :cry: They dont allow them. The funny thing is I live in Denver and have never had a problem with him. Not one person has asked if he is Pit, which is funny since I think he looks like one.

He is potty trained. He has never been around kids for a long period of time, but always tries to play with them when he sees them.

He is extremely playful and doesnt have one mean bone in his body.
I think he could pass as a Boxer. Good Luck and I hope you find him a good home:)

Zach929rr
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
If I get this new rental, I could be in touch.

LadyT
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you all for your posts, please keep us in mind.

Sully
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
If you don't find him a home, MaxFund is a no kill shelter

BeoBe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
a shelter is a shelter in my eyes.. its like jail for dogs.. lol

bs_nate
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I have been looking for a dog. Timing isn't perfect but if it will keep him out of a shelter I think I very well could help you out. PM me if you are still looking for a home.

LadyT
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I have been looking for a dog. Timing isn't perfect but if it will keep him out of a shelter I think I very well could help you out. PM me if you are still looking for a home.

PM sent.

UglyDogRacing
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Tamira why dont you change the title of this post. I'm sorry but having 3 rescued dogs myself when I hear or read that someone must get rid of (i.e. to eliminate or discard) their puppy or dog, it makes it sound like an old vacuum cleaner or some other inanimate object one got from walmart or a garage sale.

Skinbabe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Call me I just text you ;)

kawasakirob
Thu May 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Worst job in my life was being a volunteer at an Animal shelter. I could not look past the good and only focused on the negativity. I walked a little Rott pup every day, spent more time with him than any other pup there. Came in one day, and he was gone. NOt the good gone. I quit right there.

Airreed
Thu May 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
kawirob- I used to volunteer at the Denver Dumb Friends League and it was alot of fun. Yes, it's a kill shelter, but they adopted over 95% of the dogs...the other 5% were really sick or very aggressive.
Oh single dudes...go volunteer there, the lady's will come to you in waves!

Thread Jack...I'm looking for a Vizsla pup (alread checked the Vizsla Rescue Site).

Bump for a good looking pup!

BeoBe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
fingers crossed that this little man gets a good home.. hate seeing stuff like this... its why i could never go into the pound to look for a dog... if i had the money i would totally donate

LadyT
Fri May 29th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you all for replying. I have had some interest thank God! I will keep bumping this though until he has found a new home. :)

Zach929rr
Fri May 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Signing my new house lease today.... very interested in the cutie :D Like I said, I will stay in touch.

co_gixxerguy
Fri May 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
U still have the puppy? Send me a PM....VERY interested

Zach929rr
Fri May 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
No can do on that.. landlords don't want a boxer :/

GrlRdr
Fri May 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
If you don't find him a home, MaxFund is a no kill shelter

FYI...heard it from a shelter worker myself...NO shelter is a no-kill shelter. When they have a dog (cat, etc) for a long time and decide it's not likely to be adopted, they "transfer" the dog to another shelter --> a kill shelter. I'm involved in many animal rescues myself (FIVE) and believe this to be true.

Horsman
Fri May 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
FYI...heard it from a shelter worker myself...NO shelter is a no-kill shelter. When they have a dog (cat, etc) for a long time and decide it's not likely to be adopted, they "transfer" the dog to another shelter --> a kill shelter. I'm involved in many animal rescues myself (FIVE) and believe this to be true.

wow... A long time ago I was a vet tech for a couple of animal hospitals. We had an Animal Rescue on the Mason-Dixon line (Maryland/Pennsylvania) that kept the animals (definitely a No-Kill Shelter) I was a huge farm of cats, dogs, raccoons, wolves, horses etc. Some of the animals were isolated but all of the others played together all day long - imagine geese and ducks chasing the dogs around. Maybe things have changed since I had left that industry :( I hope I am wrong.

PinkGixx26
Sat May 30th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Aw. What a cutie! Would love to take him but already have two rescued Dobermans.

Wyck
Mon Jun 1st, 2009, 11:13 AM

My dad volunteers at maxfund which claims to be a "true no-kill shelter". As far as I know they don't transfer animals out but they do accept a lot from other shelters when their time is up. I have NEVER heard him mention any animal be put down in the years he has volunteered there. They have at least one dog listed as being there over two years. They even keep some with some slight behavior issues that other shelters wouldn't. I remember a while back they had a Rottie Katrina victim there over 2+ years.

Stuart Little
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hey T , me and dean would like to take a look :) we have a big yard and dean has been wanting a dog since cat moved out. Give me a call or pm me :)

LadyT
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you all for your posts!

Diesel has found a new home thank God!!!

pauliep
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
wow, that sucks. Matt was telling me on the way home last night from the bar that you told him you found a new home for little D. Matt was all up in my bizz for not seeing this post to tell him about it!

LadyT
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM
wow, that sucks. Matt was telling me on the way home last night from the bar that you told him you found a new home for little D. Matt was all up in my bizz for not seeing this post to tell him about it!

Ya he was telling me the same thing. Opps :)