PDA

View Full Version : 44K?

ryan
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 10:48 AM
i know this stuff works wonders on cars, but can you use it on bikes? I cant think of a reason why not, but just thought id check before i mess something up.

Fly boy
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Used it in my truck, didn't really feel any difference, but it says it cleans fuel stuff.

20 bucks a bottle, u would think u could feel/see a difference

firefghtr
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 02:07 PM
thats because you used it on a ford of course it wouldn't do anything

Wahooman
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I have put together orders for people in the club before. It is AMAZING stuff. If you did not feel a difference probably due to the fact of the number of miles on your vehicle. I recommend a motorvac service first on the vehicle. Your carbon build up is propably WAY HIGH. We do this every 30,000 on vehicle to keep them clean. 44K is a great addititve, nothing better on the market no matter what checker tells you :lol: It can be used in motorcycles, just have to find out how much to put in....1 oz. per gallon of fuel I believe. I recommend it. Will help keep the upper end clean and help the fuel injectors out.

Fly boy
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I have put together orders for people in the club before. It is AMAZING stuff. If you did not feel a difference probably due to the fact of the number of miles on your vehicle. I recommend a motorvac service first on the vehicle. Your carbon build up is propably WAY HIGH. We do this every 30,000 on vehicle to keep them clean. 44K is a great addititve, nothing better on the market no matter what checker tells you :lol: It can be used in motorcycles, just have to find out how much to put in....1 oz. per gallon of fuel I believe. I recommend it. Will help keep the upper end clean and help the fuel injectors out.

can u recomend anything for a 92 F2 with Carbs?

~Barn~
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Speaking of "group buys", you planning on doing anything like that again, Curtis?

Wahooman
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 07:56 PM

can u recomend anything for a 92 F2 with Carbs?
Recommendation: 2005 GSX-R750 limited edition :lol:

Barn I can get it anytime. Had some for a few people but never got together with them. Just call me when you want some and I will get it to ya. I believe your looking around $17.00-$18.00 per can.

ryan
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 08:11 PM
sounds good. again, just wanted to double check. the jeep shop i work at sells the stuff and was going to use a bit on mon. If any of you guys need it i can hook it up for cheap!

Ryan
720 323 1901

~Barn~
Sun Feb 13th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Can you beat $17.00/can, Ryan?

ryan
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 10:08 AM
the lowest i can go on a can is $16.50 :lol: but im in central denver near downtown, so if some denver foos dont want to drive all ove the place im at 7th and Federal.

Ryan
720 323 1901

Colo.TJ
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Can I use it in my diffs?;)

ryan
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 06:27 PM
hahah you dirty bird! you can actually, it lubes the chains!

Buddau
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 09:28 PM
44K rules!
Just add it to your tank in the prescribed dosages.

mikesf4i
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Ryan , 7th and federal? Jeep shop?.... Mile High Jeep rebuilders? If so that place KICKS ASS!!! When I was rebuilding my 71 CJ5 that place had everything, except the parking brake backing plate that I needed. It was nice to do business with a place who knew more about what I was looking for than I did.

ryan
Sun Feb 20th, 2005, 08:16 PM
mike, it is indeed mile high jeep rebuilders. thanks for the positive feedback. were just a small family owned shop, not the fuckin walmart of the offroad industry like 4WheelParts, so we have to try a bit harder.
But ive seen a few people from this board have jeeps, so im going to extend the same offer i give to people from the 4x4 bullitin boards, usually its about 10% off retail on whatever, 44k included! So come say hi, we could always use the company

mikesf4i
Sun Feb 20th, 2005, 10:58 PM
"Positive feedback"? I cant say enough good things about Mile High. I got so sick of explaning to the bone heads at checker that my CJ had a V6 not a straight six. They would even argue with me. Dude, I see 3 spark plugs on one side and 3 spark plugs on the other, its gotta be a V6. Unfortunately I had to sell my Jeep when we had the kids. The wife wanted me to have somthing that wasnt so cold and drafty to drive the little varmints around in. I ended up buying a Toyota pickup. I had to go back to trying to build a truck buying parts from people who dont know a damn thing about trucks. I must say that doing business with Mile High was truly a pleasure. Especially in this day of businesses who act like they dont give a shit if you spend your money there or not. I really wish you guys would sell parts for other trucks not just Jeeps. Btw I am trying to rebuild an 87 Suburban now. You guys sell GMC parts? It needs a lift.

KooLaid
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 05:10 AM
Never used 44k, but Lucas oil fuel additive, top end cleaner/lube stuff worked wonders on my 4.0 ranger the first few times I put it in.

BTW, WTF is "motorvac"??????

Colo.TJ
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:05 AM
I can attest for Mile High Jeep Rebuilders and Ryan. Both will take good care of you. They can do both old and new Jeep stuff although they are considered the one of the country's best sources for older Jeep parts and information.

ryan
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 09:27 PM
thanks jeff! youre the man...dont sell your jeep!

Hoopty
Tue Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Just curious, but what kind of motor is that V6 in the Jeep? :wtf: All I knew about in the CJ's was the 258 straight 6 or the AMC 304 V8.

mikesf4i
Wed Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
ITS A VEE 6, DAMN IT, NOT A STRAIGHT SIX! Damn, Im so sick of answering that one. :321: :321:

Just kidding :lol:
Between 65 and 71 Jeep was buying their motors from Buick. The V8 in the Wagoneer was a Buick 350 and the V6 in the Cj 5 and Jeepster Commando was a 225 cubic inch Buick V6. I think it was like 160 hp 220 lb/ft of torque. Buick later sold the rights and tooling for this motor to Land Rover, who used versions of this same motor for many years in Land Rover products. Man, I miss my Jeep. Even though it was a piece of crap and my Toyota has gone many places my Jeep wouldnt go. Old Jeeps just have so much more "personality" than most other vehicles.

Hoopty
Wed Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:31 AM
I hear ya. My room mate has an 81 CJ5. He's put more money time and money into it than I have into racing!!!! :o :no: It's a cool vehichle and all, but they are pieces of crap (break down often), they aren't very good for anything besides off-roading, and are easy to break into. I just don't see why anyone would want one for a daily driver, you know? :dunno: He's in love with the damn thing though, different strokes for different folks I guess. :?

ryan
Wed Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
shit, my daily driver is my bike! faster and better gas milage. and a trick to minimizing loss when theyre broken into is never lock the doors, keep the top off as much as possible, and dont keep anything expensive in there. That way, if theyre smart enough, the thief will just open the door rather than break or cut costly windows.

and while were in the topig of 44k...does anyone use oil additives in their engines? RF7 or MOA? does it mess the clutch up? and other good additives out there to protect the engine a bit?