PDA

View Full Version : DEEP THOUGHTS

kawasakirob
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
It's weird that some people can crash on the street once(or multiple) and still be living while others die during the first wreck on the road.Read an article awhile back and it talked of an ex Japanese GP rider was killed on his scooter when a truck did an illegal u-turn infront of him. Scary to think that those two people had NO idea that when they hopped on their bike, it was the last day they were ever going to see.

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
When your number's up it's up.

Zach929rr
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
When your number's up it's up.

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Worrying too much about dying will kill you.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Life is a terminal condition. Spend your time making yourself as comfortable as possible.

Snowman
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You’ll never make it out of life alive.

FZ1Guy
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
yes, that is so true. Live life, love and laugh a lot, have as much fun as possible, work only when you have too!

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I laugh enough for everyone here. The wife is constantly asking me why I am laughing, for no reason.

I just tell her that I am funny :)

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I agree. Some people spend their lives tip-toeing around. They act like this is some kind of dressed rehearsal and they will do it right when the real thing comes along. I hate to tell them, but this is it! There is no practice, no do overs. What you do now is what you are doing in your life. I prefer to enjoy the life that I have and spend it with people that I enjoy and doing things that are fun. That is just how I see it.

Snowman
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I laugh enough for everyone here. The wife is constantly asking me why I am laughing, for no reason.

I just tell her that I am funny :)And she buys that?

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
She has seen me nekkid. She knows I am funny

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
And she buys that?

I think it's simply a matter of does she want to deal with the truth or just let it go at face value . . .

FZ1Guy
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
She has seen me nekkid. She knows I am funny

Put that thing away.... your going to hurt someone! :lol:

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I once knocked a lamp over with it.

Actually it was a liquor store, they were as surprised as I was.

FZ1Guy
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Oh, another super power... NICE! :crazy:

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM

He walked in nekkid. When everyone fell on the floor in fit of uncontorllable laughter, he took the cash and a bottle of Fireball then left. It's considered a non-violent crime even though several of them had to undergo years of therapy . . .

BlueDog
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
This thread of deep thoughts is devolving at an astonishing rate :)

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo,
flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a
beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful
painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
As long as the painting is a velvet Elvis, things are right in the world . . .

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM
One day one of my little nephews came up to me and asked me if the equator was a real line that went around the Earth, or just an imaginary one. I had to laugh. Laugh and laugh. Because I didn't know, and I thought that maybe by laughing he would forget what he asked me.

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Thanks Jack Handy :down:

Devaclis
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I never claimed to be original, just deep

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I never claimed to be original, just deep

You are as deep as the syrup in one of the squares of my ego waffle . . .

rforsythe
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
You are as deep as the syrup in one of the squares of my ego waffle . . .

Ironically, Dana's usually toasted too.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Ironically, Dana's usually toasted too.
:lol: clever!

Wait a minute...NO FAIR!!! Ralph's cheating! He's got a helper brain in his beard!!!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu May 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM

My mom has a beautiful flamingo in her back yard. Everytime the wind starts to gust it tries like hell to take off, but it never goes anywhere. It just stands there and flaps its wings.

ghostrider_9
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:02 PM
My mom has a beautiful flamingo in her back yard. Everytime the wind starts to gust it tries like hell to take off, but it never goes anywhere. It just stands there and flaps its wings.

But is it holding a velvet Elvis?

Snowman
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Ironically, Dana's usually toasted too.With a side of bacon.

kawasakirob
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:18 PM
hmmmmmm

Mister BOYD
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yessir, you never know.. you just never know. Live to the best and fullest you can. Don't just exist. Treat the people you care for as well as you care for them. Never do anything that leaves you with regrets and be thankful for all you have; tangible or not. That's my philosophy. I can honestly say if I were to die on my ride home tonight:

1.) I've done my best to be a exceptional person and do right.
2.) The people that I care for or who are in my life know how I feel about them.
3.) Any regrets in my life only came from the sacrafice of security through the risks I took, not because I did something I didn't want to.
4.) I had one hell of a hard, yet rewarding life and I'm glad I had the opportunity.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Exactly. It is easy for us to throw a leg up over the bike and look forward to the rest of our plans we have coming up...but there is always that little thing in the back of your head saying that you might not even make it home that night. Then again, waking up in the morning can be damn hazardous to your health too! =)
There is a certain sense of immortality that the living have, but you almost have to...lest you cease to live and focus on the end. It's a helluva sucker punch to the gut when you're facing it though! I know after complications from my wreck last summer, there was a point when I asked the doc if I was going to walk out of the hospital. Scares the crap out of you when they can't tell you that you will!

kawasakirob
Thu May 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I would agree. Living a life in shelter is not the way to experience it, but, I also find it interesting that some people live and others die. Its awkward. Also sometimes at night when you are sleeping you visualize in your mind a terrible wreck that you are in. A graphic wreck. But you shove it in the back and swing over a leg anyway. LIfe is a roll of the dice, no matter what you are involved in.

longrider
Thu May 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
My favorite quote which expresses my feelings on the subject

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body—but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, ‘Wow, what a ride!’ ” —anon.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu May 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
But is it holding a velvet Elvis?

Hmmm...

http://image.orientaltrading.com/otcimg/34_694.jpg

Nope.