PDA

View Full Version : A Mother's Joy

mtnairlover
Thu May 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Welp, two down, one more to go...

I think I'm in a sort of time warp, ya know. Being pregnant isn't a memory, it was like yesterday...and now, my second child is graduating high school. And all the emotions, the worries, doubts, fears, joys, tears are as vivid, as real as the graduation gown hung up in my daughter's closet.

I'm a weird parent, because my happiness is not derived from my kids going off to college, or from amazing grades, or from feats of athleticism. I'm happy, because my kids learned how to be amazing human beings, despite the obstacles. They could have dropped out. They could have become dependant on drugs/alcohol. They could have gotten pregnant/gotten someone pregnant. They could have run away. Instead of doing any of those things, they became reliable friends, trustworthy children and steadfast employees. They learned compassion, empathy, strength of character. They understand what it means to take on the responsibility of a job, of being there for a sibling, of being a good friend.

Naw, I'm not proud...I'm freakin' ecstatic that another one of my children has successfully navigated the first part of her life.

For all you parents out there who have yet to experience the joy of your children graduating high school...I hope you all get to feel this way when the time comes.

RajunCajun
Thu May 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Congratulations! It looks like you've been a great parent and your children will be and already have been rewarded for your devotion. If more parents took pride in their children and taught them how to be adults and good people, this world would be completely different.

I hope to follow in your shoes one day, maybe in 3-4 years, who know??

Congrats to your new graduate as well!:siesta: I still just barely remember that day;)

64BonnieLass
Thu May 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Congratulations Cath!!! I know you must be a very proud Mom about now. I am happy for you.

My sister gave me that gift in her children. And when my first favorite nephew graduated it was a most phenomenal feeling. And I was sooo very proud then too. Now he is in the Air Force. Yay, my favorite. And doing well in Guam.

Good Job Cath! You are an awesome Mom.

mtnairlover
Thu May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I hope to follow in your shoes one day, maybe in 3-4 years, who know??

The joy of being a parent begins from the time you learn you are going to have a child. You will love it!

Thanks.

Pandora-11
Thu May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
It's a great joy......for sure.
Congrats!

Mizzybeff
Thu May 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Congrats!!!! Its a wonderful feeling watching your kids grow I have only just started to experience it and know I have many more years to go.

Congrats on the new high school grad!:)

SamuraiX
Thu May 28th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Congratulations! I cant imagine how truly proud you must be!!! That's really great!

All my 4 year old daughter can talk about is school and growing up - i wish she'd slow down! Shes breakin' my heart already>

asp_125
Fri May 29th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Congratulations Cathy! And to the new grad! :up: The best any parent can hope for is for their children to enter adulthood a fully functional, contributing, member of society. To that end you have succeeded admirably.

mtnairlover
Fri May 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks guys. This weekend is gonna be crazy, too. Her cousin is graduating today and then she gets to walk the isle tomorrow. I'm still thinking, "Did I forget to do something?" It really does come fast.

Cherish every single moment.

Matty
Fri May 29th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Cathy, you're far to young to have a 2nd child graduating from HS. Anyways, congrats.

mtnairlover
Fri May 29th, 2009, 08:07 AM
That's it Matty...you go to the top of the Christmas...er, Hanukkah list:D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/eve-hug00-006-02.gif