PDA

View Full Version : How do you find out an owner of a business?

DavidofColorado
Sat May 30th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I want to know because I am toying with the idea of buying a local grocery store and I want to find the owner and talk to him about it. Any help will get you a discount on steaks when I own it.

BHeth
Sat May 30th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Well since there might be steaks involved...

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do

GixxerCarrie
Sat May 30th, 2009, 07:48 AM
You can pull a Dun and Bradstreet report also...check with the states small business website.

Captain Obvious
Sat May 30th, 2009, 08:33 AM
If it is for sale, and it is family owned, can't you walk into the store, ask for the management and or owner and just ask? Or leave you contact information if they are not there? The sneaker network still works.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat May 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
If it is for sale, and it is family owned, can't you walk into the store, ask for the management and or owner and just ask? Or leave you contact information if they are not there? The sneaker network still works.
My thoughts exactly... just go in and ask. Leave a message if ya have to. Good luck tho!

DavidofColorado
Sat May 30th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yes. However, the store hasn't been used since August of last year since a fire broke out. I haven't seen the owners around there since then. I have seen contractors in and out of there and I think the store is ready to open soon. But I heard a rumor that the owners want to sell it. I am trying to find them and make sure.

The website that BHeth gave only show documents upto 2002 on the store and there is no phone number. I will have to pound the ground some more.

sugarrey
Sat May 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Did someone say steak? Oh hell yeah. Grilled, sea salt, steak rub :shocked:

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat May 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Yes. However, the store hasn't been used since August of last year since a fire broke out. I haven't seen the owners around there since then. I have seen contractors in and out of there and I think the store is ready to open soon. But I heard a rumor that the owners want to sell it. I am trying to find them and make sure.
Ohhhh...I see! Well in that case you should be able to contact the county to find out (at least to find out who owns the land there). I can't recall what dept specifically you would need to talk to, but I'm sure a quick call would aim you in the right direction!

303Lurch
Sat May 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
PM me the name and address and I will see what I have in my databases.

DavidofColorado
Sat May 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Pm sent.

zetaetatheta
Sat May 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
County Tax Assessor database online, all you need is address.

DavidofColorado
Sat May 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Well I tracked down the owner and its a corporation in Nebraska. I have to call back Monday.:(