PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to La Louisiana:(

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hey friends. I'm moving back to Louisiana, probably next Sunday or Monday. Me and my girl, who just graduated from a masters program in Berkeley, had an agreement where the one who didn't get a job would move out to wherever the other one was. Well, beat me to the punch and got a job in San Fransisco and, yeah, that really sucks. But oh well, it will be wonderful to be in the same town as her, fist time in our 2 year, long distance relationship. If any of you guys are getting together next Sat. night, let me know and I'll stop by to say bye.

Thanks to you all for making me feel so welcomed when I only new 1 person in this state. I had a great time living here and you guys were one of the main reasons! I'll stay on the board in case any of you make your way to the Bay Area.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Well crap Elliot, I won't be back in time to give you a big bear bye-bye hug! =(
Consider this one coming to ya over the net and be sure to keep in touch m'dear!!!!

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Will do! I'll take you up on that hug next time I see you:) and of course, any of you peeps that find yourselves in or near San Francisco, you'd better holla!

Ceez
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:54 AM
Good luck bro, wishin you and yours all the best.

UglykidJoe
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Good Luck!

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Wishing you and your girl all the best. San Fran isn't a bad place to be, despite the fog. I love visiting there every time I go. You'll find some good riding around the area, as well. Lots to see and do and if you're a nature nut, like me, then you will not be disappointed.

I hope you have some luck finding work.

Dunno about meeting up on Saturday, but it could make for a good excuse to do some sort of good-bye thingy for ya and get together with some other CSC'ers.

Best,
:)

MetaLord 9
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:29 AM
Good luck man! It was great get'n to know you and you'll be missed! Good luck with the job hunt & the girlfriend!

Sully
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Best of luck, Elliot ! :)

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
sorry to see you go, I was hoping on having you over to the rajun cajun party this summer as one of the great chef's!!

bulldog
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Damn that sucks man, just when I found someone in the club that went to the same 24 Hours Fitness as me. Just admit, you were afraid I would get bigger than you ;) Good luck in San Fran homey!

~Barn~
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
It was fun Elliot, but I'm sure you'll enjoy being with your loved one, even more than us knuckleheads.

And hey... at least she didn't get a job in like Omaha, or something. :lol:

Big-J
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, Im gonna have to agree with Barn, at least you didn't end up in the mid-west. We have a few peeps that moved to NoCal, Dave, Marilou, Rick, Im someone can put you in touch with them.
It was nice knowing you, good luck with the job hunt. :)

Matty
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hahaha... SF should be an eye opener for ya!!!

good luck man.

Supa77
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Good Luck Elliot!

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Good luck to you Elliott. Take care. :)

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Good luck man...I'll def hit you up if i am out that way

asp_125
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
You're that much closer to MotoGP, the curves of wine country, and yeah.. the girlfriend is a win too. Good luck man.

McVaaahhh
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Good luck Elliot, we'll miss ya. :up:

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I'm confused, are you moving to Louisiana, or San Francisco?

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
I was reading back on this wondering the same thing! lol

~Barn~
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM

San Louisiana. Which of course in German means a crawdad's vagina.

Radek
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
enjoy san fran ,Ifineon and ThunderHill racetracks as well

Devaclis
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Elliot, come out to Alibis tonight. Just in case we can't get together before you leave.

Mental
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Having never met you, props on making a 2 year long distance relationship work, and more props for honoring your agreement with her. That makes you all kinds of a strong man and I have no doubt will play into your future kharma and success. Northern Cali is not that bad of a place to be, despite the stinking hippies.

Gainer
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
:cry:

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM

I was reading back on this wondering the same thing! lol

Moving to LA for a month r 2, just to spend some time with the fam and friends, then off to SF(Berkeley, actually, right across the bay). I'm also trying to give my girl a little break-in period with the new job and to figure out if she wants to commute or move.

That is just freakin classic!!!! I'm gonna use that one if you don't mind;)

Elliot, come out to Alibis tonight. Just in case we can't get together before you leave.

What time do you guys think you'll be out there till? I've got some dinner plans starting round 5:30 but could stop by after. I'll be here till Monday morning, just reserved the Budget truck for Sunday afternoon.

Having never met you, props on making a 2 year long distance relationship work, and more props for honoring your agreement with her. That makes you all kinds of a strong man and I have no doubt will play into your future kharma and success. Northern Cali is not that bad of a place to be, despite the stinking hippies.

Thanks Mental, those are some pretty great words to say, man! I'm touched...

:cry:

I know, I know, buddy! I've been kinda misty-eyed for the past week or so, myself. How bout we go and grab a beer or something in the next couple o days???? Holla!!

And thanks to everyone else, it was great getting to know the CSC family! I don't expect to find anything even close to this, anywhere!!!! :( You guys and gals are REALLY AWESOME!!!!!

Devaclis
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
We will be there for a while man.

Wyck
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM

That is just freakin classic!!!! I'm gonna use that one if you don't mind;)

Not really....Just a modified ripoff of Will Farrell from Anchorman.

~Barn~
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the joke, Wyck. We've been expecting you. :D

Wyck
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
I got it when you posted it. Didn't find it funny...still don't.

busagirl
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Good luck Elliot it was nice getting to know you the little that I did and good luck in San Fran! :hibye:

~Barn~
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
I got it when you posted it. Didn't find it funny...still don't.

How 'bout now?

Wyck
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
nope... /threadjack

Elliot sorry I didn't get to meet you but Good luck!

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hahaha! I love Anchor Man! & your guys crack me up!

SaShWhO
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
good luck brutha
KIT

RajunCajun
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Update: I've been in LA for almost a couple weeks now and well, what can I say? 1. Holy shit balls, Batman! It's soooo hot and humid out here, I can't even remember EVER sweating this much!!:cry: 2. I seem to be carying the SIG around a lot more and let me tell you, it's hard to dance at Cajun festivals with a .40 in your belt, although I did keep getting asked, "is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me?";) I have a girlfriend so that was tough to answer when the girl was smoking hot, which was most of the time:hump:, ha!

It's great to see the family and friends again and to hit up Zydeco festivals and dance my tail off again. But, I REALLY miss Denver and all you crazy cats! I'm already ready to leave and have 3 more weeks to sweat it out, literally!!! Oh well, the friends, music and beer are quite plentiful so I'll just have to grin and bear it:drink:

I'll be passing through Denver to pick up some gear on July 15th or 16th but will post something up so maybe I can drop by and see a few of you guys.

Ok, gotta get some yard work done for my old man so back to the steam room, yeah,,,,, the back yard!

Later!!!!!!!!

Devaclis
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
You come by and drink with us man. Let me know when you are close and we will make arrangements.

RajunCajun
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
You come by and drink with us man. Let me know when you are close and we will make arrangements.

Cool Bro! Will do!

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hells yeah! stop by & have a brew or two! Maybe we'll have the kegerator run'n by then too!

RajunCajun
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hells yeah! stop by & have a brew or two! Maybe we'll have the kegerator run'n by then too!

Hell, that doesn't sound bad at all.....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
With or without sand in it?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Best of luck man. Seems like there's some Engineering jobs out there, as I've seen a bunch of Desiger jobs. I might end up out in SoCal myself, if I can land that NAVAIR job in China Lake. It means basically never seeing my little Carina (2 yr-old) again, but I might have to do it for the job stability. It'll allow me to be sure they always get their CS, even if I never see my kids again.:(

Take care, and enjoy it, and good luck finding work.

dapper
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
+1 :D

bulldog
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Since Dana will kick my ass in the drinking part and has that covered, I say you need to come back and go to the gym with me. You did offer to give me some tips, and now you move away :cry: Just admit you were afraid I would get bigger than you....jk Glad to hear from you Elliot :)

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Best of luck man. Seems like there's some Engineering jobs out there, as I've seen a bunch of Desiger jobs. I might end up out in SoCal myself, if I can land that NAVAIR job in China Lake. It means basically never seeing my little Carina (2 yr-old) again, but I might have to do it for the job stability. It'll allow me to be sure they always get their CS, even if I never see my kids again.:(

Take care, and enjoy it, and good luck finding work.

Awww, man, that sucks! I hope you get a job and get to see your girl, but like you said, times are tough and you gotta do what you gotta do!

Thanks and best of luck with NAVAIR!

Since Dana will kick my ass in the drinking part and has that covered, I say you need to come back and go to the gym with me. You did offer to give me some tips, and now you move away :cry: Just admit you were afraid I would get bigger than you....jk Glad to hear from you Elliot :)

Ha, I hope you do bro! I will probably only be in town for one night so that might be tough, but I'll keep you in mind. I can do tips anytime, you just need my #....

MAZIN
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Gl Man all the best to you and your girl!

RajunCajun
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
Gl Man all the best to you and your girl!

Thanks!

RajunCajun
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hey guys! I've been checking in time to time and hope that everyone is doing well!

I'll be taking off for Denver tomorrow morning and plan to get in Wed afternoon, hopefully by 4pm r so. I leave for Berkeley CA on Fri morning. Pretty much the only thing I have planned it to check out a concert on Thurs. night. I'm sure I'll be down for some drinks after 1,300 miles so if anybody has plans already for Wed night, let me know and I can drop by. My # is 303-720-1361.

I'm really looking forward to being back in CO for a couple days and seeing you guys and gals so hopefully I can catch up with some of you while I'm n town.

dapper
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 08:33 AM
See ya Wednesday night.
:)

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Fun times! My U joint is going out on my truck and has blown my rear tranny seal and is vibrating like crazy until I get up to speed. I stayed the night in Dahlhart TX and can't find anyone here to work on it today so I'm goint to try to make it to Castle Rock CO where I have a mechanic. I should be there this evening but it might make it tough to get beers. I hope to have it finished by 7-8 pm so I'll hit up some of you guys and let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck! Later.......Hopefully:cry:

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Looks like I got it fixed for now. I put a new rear trans. seal but the yoke is pretty eaten up. I'll pick one up Denver tomorrrow and have a guy that'll change it for me tomorrow so I should be good and back in denver by 5 r 6.

dapper
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Sounds good.

All are invited to join at Dirks and have a drink with Elliot.

I'll be there approx. 7pm

Devaclis
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I am STILL going to try to make it. I am werkin' feverishly like a dervish, fer shervish

dapper
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I'll be there shortly after 6pm

.(....\............../....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../
....\..../´¯.I.¯`\./
..../... I....I..(¯¯¯`\
...I.....I....I...¯¯.\...\
...I.....I´¯.I´¯.I..\...)
...\.....` ¯..¯ ´.......'
....\_________.·´

:cheers:

Devaclis
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM
haha that was fun. Elliot, good to see you. Fancy pants even made a showing for you :)

Not sure how the conversation degraded to MY level but hurrah!!!!

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Damnit! Got into town yesterday afternoon & didn't realize you were hang'n around! Sorry I missed you mang! :(

RajunCajun
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 08:35 AM
haha that was fun. Elliot, good to see you. Fancy pants even made a showing for you :)

Not sure how the conversation degraded to MY level but hurrah!!!!

I guess your talking about Aaron, and yeah,,, pretty fancy!

It always does, sooner or later:drink:

Damnit! Got into town yesterday afternoon & didn't realize you were hang'n around! Sorry I missed you mang! :(

No worries bro, but it woulda been great to hang with ya.