PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket Cleo?

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:10 PM
:dunno: Does anyone have an opinion on the new Joe Rocket Cleo jacket with the removeable liner? For some reason I'm thinking it's gonna get shredded if I go down and not be as protective as say the Luna. My husband says it'll be a great jacket but I want a few outside opinions. Any opinions out there to help me decide? :dunno:

Rick T.
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Here's some info from a great retailer. I've ordered from them many times.

The JR Cleo is a mesh jacket. Personally, I prefer the protection of leather. Find a fully perforated leather jacket - your skin will thank you. Remember... Dress for the crash, not for the ride. :)

Joe Rocket Cleo (http://www.newenough.com/ladies_joe_rocket_cleo_jacket_page.htm)

Bueller
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Always listen to your man, we know everything so don't question our judgement.

Anonymous
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hallo, thank ya fo callin misss cleeeoh!

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'd kill to get leather but right now, money is an issue also. I only have about $150 max to spend. So if anyone knows someone selling a leather jacket size small, let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. :D

S2RGRL
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I actually have a jacket very similar to that made by Joe Rocket also...i've worn it once and...i personally don't feel protected in it. I still prefer my leather jackets, they may cost more, but honestly i think they well worth the investment :)

Check Ebay...you might get lucky :D

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the help!! :yay:

Rick T.
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I actually have a jacket very similar to that made by Joe Rocket also...i've worn it once and...i personally don't feel protected in it. I still prefer my leather jackets, they may cost more, but honestly i think they well worth the investment :)

Since you've only worn it once - and don't seem to prefer it over your other gear... why not sell it! :idea: 8)

Then YOU go on Ebay and get a nice Vanson or Dainese. :D

S2RGRL
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 10:00 PM

Since you've only worn it once - and don't seem to prefer it over your other gear... why not sell it! :idea: 8)

Then YOU go on Ebay and get a nice Vanson or Dainese. :D

geez! great minds think alike...i was just thinking that :idea: ...LOL :D

Jenny
Mon Feb 14th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Mesh is ass. If all you want is the equivalent of fishnet stockings between you and the pavement, get mesh. Otherwise, look for leather or at least a thick textile. You should be able to find something not too far out of your price range.

But I have to say, that JR jacket in that blue color is soooo cute. It would match my car! :P

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know anything about the ladies Cortech jackets? I think it's either the Joe Rocket Luna textile or the Cortech GX but I have never heard of Cortech. Any additional advice would be great. Thanks for everyone's advice. :)

Mista Black
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:28 AM
the best gear ad i've ever seen was a Dainese ad from several years ago. it had a noice set of leather on a rack with a $1500+ (or some super big price) above it and next to that it said "Full body skin graf $17,000"... it was a good seller for me!! i didnt buy dainese leathers but i've been wearing full heavyweight gear since

Hey y'all, watch this!
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Leather is a MUST (for riding too)

I was rear-ended by a car, launched me 50 ft & onto the pavement
walked away
not a cratch where the Joe Rocket jacket was covering

I'm told Kangaroo leather is thinner, lighter, and stronger than cowhide.
Also, depending upon where the item is made, it may not me cowhide (goat, horse, ...)
I'd make sure it's cow or roo

Well worth the $$ when you need it to protect you
Would you hire a body guard for $5 / hr?

Rick T.
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Guys... she did mention that she was on a limited budget - when are we not (at one point or another)?

Full-leathers is ideal in any skin-meets-the-pavement situation, but certainly some textiles can protect you quite well - and for less $. Personally, I wear 2-pc leathers when riding the canyons, a leather jacket (as a mininum) when in town, and full 1-pc race leathers on the track. I do however, have a textile Joe Rocket jacket for those colder, less than perfect days...

I think the Cortech or the JR Luna would do just fine... Don't forget a helmet and gloves!! :)

Mista Black
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
a good nylon suit for everyday crashes ( haha ) is plenty good. i know multiple people who've slid and tumble for over 200 feet without a scratch other than the normal bumps and bruises that you'll get no matter what you're wearing. and it's cheaper and cooler than leather.

MS NV - since you can only get one jacket that's got to be multi purpose i'd stay away from the mesh. the luna looks good. what cortech model are you thinking about?? i know there are several cortech jackets, some better and some worse (crash protection wise) than the luna.

jbnwc
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I just recently bought an Alpinestars V4(armored leather) for my wife - $130 on ebay. They normally run around $300. If you have time and a little patience, you can get some great deals on ebay.

Anonymous
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Fieldsheer has a ladies line - Tania has 2 Fieldsheer jackets - one nylon, one mesh - both with hard armor. :up:

As far as mesh goes, I don't expect it to hold up like leather would (I figure it's disposable after 1 crash), but it's damn comfortable on hot summer days, and I feel somewhat protected, especially with the hard armor. Fieldsheer also has one that's got mesh and leather (the Mach II, I believe), with leather on the high impact points (elbows, shoulders & chest). It's a bit more expensive than the Mach I, but I think it's still within your price range.

Another nice thing about the Fieldsheer mesh jackets is that they come with a full-sleeve zip-out liner. :up:

Hmm, do I sound like a walking ad for Fieldsheer? :lol:

Ms-iam4u2nv
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Got helmet and gloves. That isn't even a question...wouldn't ride without them. Spending the money isn't the issue...can't spend what ya don't have. But I found a few I'm watching on E-Bay.

kevplus2
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 07:15 PM
i have a joe rocket phoenix jacket i never wear (just doesnt feel safe)

they all like to claim they have great armor but i dont think the armor would stay in place in a crash. it would spin out of the way immediately on impact because the jacket material isnt stiff enough to hold it in place. then it is nothing but bone and skin slowing you down

i like the "Dress for the crash, not for the ride" quote