PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 'Today's Posts' button?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
So, what happened to it?

Even after logging in, there is only the 'New Posts' button, which is limited. Todays Posts worked great, you didn't have to waste time logging in...

EDIT: Well that's kind of weird. When you log out, the 'Todays Posts' button is there. If you click it, it takes you to a log in screen. If you re-log in, you get the list of todays posts. That's efficient :-)

Devaclis
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
It is under QUICK LINKS

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
I experienced the same thing as of yesterday.

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Nope, not for me. If I am logged out, can't view the forums at all. All that will show for me is Register, FAQ, Calendar and FlashChat :(

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Then..... log in?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Nope, not for me. If I am logged out, can't view the forums at all. All that will show for me is Register, FAQ, Calendar and FlashChat :(Same here...

Then..... log in?That's the whole point, to not have to log in.

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Then..... log in?
If I want to log in, I have to stop using Firefox, open Explorer and log in. The site won't let me log in when I'm using Firefox. Kind of a pain for me now if I just want to lurk and see what's going on.

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Weird, I have no problems with the Fox. Meh.

gtn
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Posted this using FireFox. :dunno:

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Posted this using FireFox. :dunno:
It use to only happen once and a while. But now I can't log in at all using it. I dunno. Cleared everything (history, cookies, all that) and still doesn't work.

Devaclis
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I have never logged into the NEW CSC with IE. I have always used FF or my BB with Opera Mini

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
If I want to log in, I have to stop using Firefox, open Explorer and log in. The site won't let me log in when I'm using Firefox. Kind of a pain for me now if I just want to lurk and see what's going on.
I only use Firefox as well.

Kind of makes it a pain to view the site quickly without that button, since I rarely log in...

rforsythe
Tue Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'll check it out. I made some speed optimization setting changes over the past couple days, might have turned something off I didn't mean to.

Ricky
Wed Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
navbar template

pauliep
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 09:47 AM
GOOGLE CHROME!

rforsythe
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
navbar template

Nope, didn't touch that. Probably a permission in the not-logged-in group.

slayermd
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 10:59 PM
GOOGLE CHROME!
:imwithstupid:

Ricky
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
GOOGLE CHROME!

Definitely not Chrome, lol. Happens in all browsers.

Nope, didn't touch that. Probably a permission in the not-logged-in group.

Sorry, I just meant that's where the link itself is. Looking closer at that template, there's three locations where that link is found 2 of those places the link is within this:
<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">

and another spot (but this is for the quick links menu, which works)
<if condition="$vboptions['enablesearches']">

I've never noticed that link show up when logged in though... Neither here or on my board. Only in the quick links menu

Pandora-11
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
So....can we get the today's post link back?