PDA

View Full Version : Hoopty and E Baz how was Deeming?

Lurch
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 07:56 AM
So how was it guys did the weather hold out? Did Hoopty crash? Did Alan actually go?

Lurch

Hoopty
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:16 AM
We got rained out Saturday, the one part of the day it was nice (and the track was dry), we were on lunch break. :roll: Sunday was really nice though, we had TONS of track time then.
Yes, Alan went with.
The school itself was not that good IMO. It really wasn't a Jimmy Moore school, he was just kind of there. :| It wasn't very well prepared or run. The guy had us doing trail-braking drills on the slowest corner of the track, without doing the whole track, while it was still cold out (in the AM). :no: He tells us nobody is doing it right, and that we need to speed up. He also mentions that everyone is probably worried about cold tires (NO SHIT!). So he tells us after this guy crashes and we spent 20 minutes sitting on the track to do the whole course now, and go through the corner at normal speed. So here goes Hoopty, he wants me to brake through the corner, I will brake through the corner. So I did, but as I go to roll on the gas on my exit (maybe 10-15 MPH, it's a VERY slow corner), the rear slides out with a vengeance. I broke the tab for the reat set off the frame, so my bike was done. :x Hard rear tires, cold track, and cold tires do not mix. I shouldn't have listened to the guy, I should have just gone around a few times first to get them warm before doing the drill. I knew better, but I still did it. Oh well, it was a great time other than that. This other guy we met down there, wiped out on his 05 R6 and broke the clip on in the same turn. Anyway, we helped him get his bike back up, and he let me trade off with him on his bike. :D

ebazyl
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
So how was it guys did the weather hold out? Did Hoopty crash? Did Alan actually go?

Lurch

Sort of, YES, YES

Saturday: Weather was too cold an rainy, so we did classroom instead. I think this was well worth the $400 of going there. Jimmy Moore and the #1 plate (Kane Lasky) brought up some great points I never even thought about. Plus they provided lunch both days! :D

Sunday: Was some what of a cluster. In the mourning he walked the lines and painted markers to hit. Problem was (especialy in the esses) that he drew the wrong lines. Any one that raced there before would no to stay the hell away from them.
Then they had a meeting and started doing the trail-braking drill. Which Hoopty accurately described as moronic. Why would you be working on the slowes corner in the entire track? Take the slow corners slow, take the fast corners fast. :slap: I think you can totaly mess up that corner on every lap and still win the race.
Then they went to an "open track" format, where the 4 instructors where suppost to work with the riders. Which in most cases meant that it was an open track day.
Jimmy Moore - did not realy do shit, :tomato: He worked with some of the novices for one or two laps. Then spilt his time between helping some guy on a zx-10 getting his bike to work, and tyring other peoples bikes. Guy was completly worthless on Sunday. :down:
Roger (even organizer) - was sick as shit, 103-104 temp, looked like his challange for the day was not passing out. Did not ride.
Kane Lasky (#1 plate) - spent most of the time working with people, like he should have. :up:
Ivan Garza (#2 plate) - spent most of the time working with slower riders. :up:

After all was said and done, I only did 2 laps with Kane. Even after asking Jimbo to help me out on about 3 different occasions. :cussing:

Over all opinion: classroom was good. Sunday drills where not. The rest was a track day. Not bad. :up:. Only thing is that it should be called, "ASMA school". Jimbo has not riden a bike in about 1.5 years, and was completly unmotivated to do anything other then ride on Sunday. :doublefinger:

Hoopty
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I really didn't think the classroom time was worth $400, but like Gene said, I did learn some things. :) I didn't like how they went over the corners and what you should do where, without ever being on the track first. :down: Might have been helpful for those that had been there before, but it was useless to Alan and I. The painted lines helped me alot. I didn't use them exactly, but I was able to pick my own lines better when given those.

I still can't believe they sent us out there Saturday and the end without even sweeping up the puddles in the track, or even having us follow an instructor around first. :no: Seriously, Gene and I could have put on a better school ourselves.

friscokidd
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I agree with these two. Classroom time, i did learn some things, but like hoopty said, how are new comers supose to learn the track when the instructors just say "ok, its an open track all day...maybe some of the instructors will teach you something?" I did about 10-15 laps on saturday, and it looked like every puddle was the line, but i just wanted to get on the track an see what it was. Sunday was fun. Track opened at 9am and closed about 5-ish. All in all, it wasnt worth $400 + gas/food, but it was educational and a fun all day track day. Very fun track indeed. :D

and yes lurch, I actually went :P :lol:

Devil954
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Well fella's it was sunny and warm at SCR :P and there was a pretty good turn out of people , sorry to hear you wrecked Hoopty . sounds like the class was not worth the drive or the trouble .

ebazyl
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Who showed up on Sunday at SCR?

Hoopty
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM
If I had it to do all over again, I still would have gone. It was a fun trip altogether, I learned some things, and I got to ride a new track. 8) No regrets here, just wish is was run better...

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I had fun listening to Gene make fun of dumb girls on the way home :D But even more fun watching the boys on the track.. all three of them were tearing it up on Sunday... :eyebrows: BTW I will drop the film off tonight and get you guys copies... Alan I threw your disposable camera on your front seat and I still have the digital one.. I'll bring it to Brecks tomorrow night.. are you going??

ebazyl
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I had fun listening to Gene make fun of dumb girls on the way home :D :oops: don't ask

I did not know you took pics. Hell yeah!

friscokidd
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Cant wiat to see the pics! Ash..i wil pick up my camera sometime, not in a big hurry for it. Ed, i agree with hoopty, if i could do it all over again, i would still go...it was fun :king:

AshliRider44
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Sounds good babe... :)