PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket or Cortech?

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I am curious if anyone has heard of Cortech jackets? :? If so, how do they compare to the Joe Rocket Luna jacket? I think I want textile instead of the Cleo mesh. I just can't afford leather right now. It's either the Cortech GX or the Joe Rocket Luna. Any additional advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Rick T.
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:11 AM
This looks nice... and its on sale!

JR Luna @ New Enough (.com) (http://www.newenough.com/ladies_joe_rocket_luna_jacket_pictures.htm)

This is a better "all-around" jacket than any mesh.

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:25 AM
That's half my dillema. It's on sale and so is the Cortech at azmotorsports.com The cortech is $99 and the Luna is $119. The cortech has a full liner though.

voncon
Tue Feb 15th, 2005, 10:58 AM
IMO Joe Rocket is cool because its a "me too" product. Even I fell for the hype and own a Phoenix jacket. Truth is... I think the Cortech is a better product and is offered by one of the finest distribution companies I can think of..... Oh yeah, I currently have a job application in with them.

S2RGRL
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I like that JR Luna :) Looks pretty sharp in Silver...very nice :D Its a pretty stylish yet functional jacket. The inner liner is a plus for cold days the vent zips will definitely come in handy on a HOT day of riding. I give that one a :up:

Ms-iam4u2nv
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Well I am watching an E Bay auction for a Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket which I [I][B]REALLY hope I get. It would be perfect. It's good and "stiff", has good armor, inner liner and the front and back zip off in case I'm out when it's really hot (but I doubt I'll need to peel layers). The only downfall to the jacket, is that it's a men's jacket so I'll need to tighten up most of the straps, but it's a small so it'll work fine. So well see if I win Sunday night :D

Rick T.
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
A men's small will still be bigger than a women's small. The womens sizes are more tailored for the "special" shape of a woman. :D

What is stopping you from getting the Joe Rocket Luna in the right size?

Ms-iam4u2nv
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I can't find a men's extra small (which I would really need in men's) so a small, if that's what I can get, will have to do. I just found this one at a good deal. The auction is only at $1.25 now..but i has a few days left. The only thing that's stopping me from getting the Luna is this auction. If it falls through, I probably will get the Luna.

davvid
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 11:52 PM
You might want to run searches in Ebay stores. I've gotten quite a few things in the stores at the 'buy it now' price for less than the going auction prices. High-end closeout leather gear is listed in the stores all the time.

S2RGRL
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Keep in mind that a men's jacket has longer sleeves and longer torso's, so even if you got a small or extra small, it just wouldn't fit right.

Ms-iam4u2nv
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Ok, I finally decided on a jacket. :roll: If my auction on the Alter Ego falls through, I am ordering the Fieldsheer 2004 Moto Bar TX jacket (not a mens either). I found a website that has them in womens for $69.99 I saw it and LOVE it!! And it comes with a waterproof liner and a quilted zip out liner. So, thanks for everyone's help as far as the Cleo is concerned. It made me realize mesh isn't for me. Thanks everyone!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

http://www.brocktoncycle.com/eshopprod_cat_1137-7254_product_95380.Fieldsheer_Moto_Bar_TX_Texti.ht m

Anonymous
Tue Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:56 AM
:up: