PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Has it

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM
That Spies will be piloting a Suzi in Moto GP next season. WOOHOO.
Also that Zemke and Hacking might move to WSB. Good Stuff, It would be awesome if the rumors are true. Seeing Zemke and Hacking in WSB would be great, especially if Hacking can continue to do well on the Kawi. It will also be interesting to see if the deal with Spies works out.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Were you at Miller?

Race Highlights

15.12 Sighting Lap Start
15.30 Warm-up Lap Start
15.33 Start
15.35 No Jump Start
15.40 7 Checa Crashed - Rider OK
15.40 99 Scassa Crashed
15.40 2 Hacking On the Gravel - Re-Joined
15.44 64 Nigon Entered Pits
15.46 36 Lavilla Crashed - Rider OK - Post.5
15.49 2 Hacking On the Gravel - Re-Joined
16.11 91 Haslam Crashed - Rider OK
16.13 End Of Session

http://sbk.perugiatiming.com/pdf_frame.asp?p_S_Campionato=SBK&p_Anno=2009&p_Round=USA

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Wish I was, I was at school in Denver, had a friend racing.

Sean
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'm sure Spies will go, especially if he keeps winning. He did pretty well with Rizla at Donnington last year (top 12, I think). But would Colin be pissed that he's not the only Texan? :lol:

hcr25
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I dont think he will go to Moto GP next year but if he does it wont be on a factory team.

motolitho
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I think Suzuki knows now that they made a huge mistake. I would like to see him on even on a non-factory Yamaha team. He likes working with Yamaha and should have no problem getting sponsorship- even these days.

Graphite675
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't see Spies going to Suzuki/MotoGP next year at all. If (big if) he was to go to MotoGP next year I see him riding for the Yamaha satellite team replacing Tosland or maybe Edwards ( Tosland would be the first to go but Edwards could retire from motoGP next year?)
Spies would be foolish to take a Suzuki ride in MotoGP. They have not had a competitive bike that can run with the Yamaha, Ducati or Honda consistantly.

Just my 2c.

Pharmgirl
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Rookies cannot ride for factory teams, so no Suzuki for Spies. Tech 3 however looks promising. Let the silly season begin!

PsychoMike
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 11:25 PM
pedrosa to repsol
jorge to yamaha

racedk6
Thu Jun 4th, 2009, 11:46 PM
This is a dumb rumor if its true. Why would he drop out of the most competitive road race series and on a winning team? If it money im sure he will be getting enough after this year. Plus Ben wants to win a championship I dont see him leaving till then

motolitho
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Ben has dreamed of going to GP since he started racing. He WILL go to Moto GP.

"Yamaha wants me in whichever (series) I'm happy and we'll be able to do," Spies says. "We're talking about what's feasible. We have a great relationship, and it's a great corporation. I want to stay a part of it."

"I'll be racing motorcycles next year, so that no one worries. No, really, I can't say yet. I'm loving being with Yamaha, for sure. Like I said, if I stay in World Superbike, the first goal is to stay with Yamaha. If I go to MotoGP, the first goal is to stay with Yamaha. So that's where we want to be. It always doesn't happen like that, but that's - the corporation's awesome, and it's been great so far, and yeah, there's nothing that's happening right now. There's a couple of little conversations here and there, but nothing down yet. Still definitely talking. Now that I've had a weekend like this, I get a little leverage, maybe."

GNGSXR
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Were you at Miller?

Race Highlights

15.49 2 Hacking On the Gravel - Re-Joined
16.11 91 Haslam Crashed - Rider OK
16.13 End Of Session

http://sbk.perugiatiming.com/pdf_frame.asp?p_S_Campionato=SBK&p_Anno=2009&p_Round=USA

hackings performance at miller was not very good.
he was doing a good job at taking out his teammates though.

Desmodromico
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Not sure Spies is a great fit for MotoGP, witness Hayden and Toseland, both bigger guys trying to ride a small machine...WSB is a better series for both of them with MotoGP's current rules.

I think WSB is definitely more interesting and has more legs, and WSS is a great feeder series with Laverty, Crutchlow and a few other young guys sure to be on the scene soon. Stay in WSB Ben!

konichd
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM

Odd he's in the top twenty in points, scored Kawi's highest finish of the year.....right not very good :drink:

Taking people out because they carry less cornerspeed? Tough, its racing not picking flowers

mforza
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Odd he's in the top twenty in points, scored Kawi's highest finish of the year.....right not very good :drink:

Taking people out because they carry less cornerspeed? Tough, its racing not picking flowers

He is talking about teammates! I do not think that kawasaki was too hapy about that:)

GNGSXR
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM

:slappers:
Haha ok. That wasn't a corner speed difference situation, but whatever.
He was doing some great motocross riding during the race though. Man of many skills.

konichd
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
He is talking about teammates! I do not think that kawasaki was too hapy about that:)

That he bumped Scassa? No biggie :) GO JAMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sortarican
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 09:24 AM

LOL,
Still waiting for the "Kawasaki: It's Japanese For Teamwork" poster to come out.
(Perdrosa/Hacking on a team together would be epic.)

motolitho
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Hayden may be big by Pedrosa standards- but he is still a pretty small guy. Maybe 5'7". And did you forget that he won a world championship? How is that not a good fit for MotoGP?

Desmodromico
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hayden may be big by Pedrosa standards- but he is still a pretty small guy. Maybe 5'7". And did you forget that he won a world championship? How is that not a good fit for MotoGP?

Well Hayden won on a 990cc bike that had monster power and far less electronics, they are now running 800cc bikes that are much smaller overall and all the riders admit it takes a different riding style, more like a 250 than a superbike.