PDA

View Full Version : Oil and Gas Leak?

99GSXR750
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I have noticed over the past few days a real intense smell of gas coming from my bike. It's at it's worst after it sits overnight covered. I noticed some liquid on the gound and it looked like oil and smelled like gas. I looked at the oil window today and it was foggy. It looks like it is coming from one of the cylinders....not sure if that's what it is. The fuel injector connects to it. Its wet at the bottom and top near the air box. Any suggestions?

zPurpleRoom
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Get out of the house and call 911 from a neighbors house.....oh....that type of gas leak... :oops: ...I have no clue how to fix that. Sorry man.

(Just had to comment....must be smartass withdrawls from the board being down) :lol:

Mr. Turbo
Thu Feb 17th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Sounds like you might have a leaky injector.. See if you can get your hands on a service manual and run some tests. Also check all the lines going from the tank to the fuel pump, make sure you don't have anything loose or cut. I'm assuming the FI light isn't on, so this may be some thing other than the injector itself.

99GSXR750
Fri Feb 18th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Alright, i'll check that out. Thanks.