PDA

View Full Version : Investing guru's, anyone doing this?

MAZIN
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Being on thrid shift and having plenty of time to search for things, I and few of my guys at work have came across this investing platform.

Heres the link:
http://www.geniusfunds.com/En/funds.html

Anyone doing this and have any insights expecially about the IRS end of things?

t_jolt
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM
looks to good to be true...

303Lurch
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:07 PM
It looks like BS to me. That is too high a rate of return. The ticker symbols are not trade-able in the US. If it is real, you have no liquidity (ability to sell) when you want out. You have no protection and/or no recourse when you get ripped off by this foreign company. Generally, income earned offshore is taxable once you bring it on shore. If you want to invest in emerging markets, open a ScotTrade or TDAmeritrade account and use ETFs like EEM and ECH. Good Luck

Gregger
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Too good is always just that.

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Too good is always just that.

Check the BBB.

Check the internet maps... I found 1 business 2 good 2 be true & it was in a house in a crappy neighborhood.

Is it a reputable company or just something that "LOOKS" reputable???

CHECK...

Gregger
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Check the BBB.

Check the internet maps... I found 1 business 2 good 2 be true & it was in a house in a crappy neighborhood.

Is it a reputable company or just something that "LOOKS" reputable???

CHECK...

Are you for real right now?

Over the last 80 years, the DJIA has returned 13%. Hard to beat that. Buy ETF's and call it a day.

Personally, aside from my 401k/a I own shares of AAPL, RIMM, V, and a couple mutual funds. All purchased 4+ years ago, well, not the V, that was recent, but in the 40's!