PDA

View Full Version : acerbis headlight....

guessinthe2000
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Can someone help me put it on? not so great with wiring diagrams and all that stuff... Hit me up on my cell. 303.261.7384

Richard
Fri Jun 5th, 2009, 11:18 PM
i know its not the same headlight but its the same idea. maybe this might help. http://motostrano.blogspot.com/2008/06/black-mamba-headlight-installation.html

#1Townie
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 01:44 AM
ill call you tomarrow..

guessinthe2000
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 02:15 AM
ill call you tomarrow..

Thanks mang, appreciate it. I got the headight on but all that works is just the main light. My headlight comes with led's on the sides which can be hooked up to the turning signals but I try everything and nothing worked. I even shorted out something with my turning signals and I thought I had fried something but thankfully it was just a fuse. Hey do you know anything about the tygershark cages? I'm looking at the CJ3 but there is the regular and the stunting one. Whats the difference? thanks mang. Ill wait for your call.

-Sam

Richard
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM
post up pics when you get it on. as for tygershark the street one is closer to the fairings and the stunt one sticks out further.

Fizzy
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Did you get this one?

http://www.motostrano.com/acerbisvision.html

I'm looking at ordering that end of the month or so...

Post up some pics!

#1Townie
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
hit you up today but i guess i missed you.. my cell is 719-360-4986.. hit me up tomarrow im stuck at the house all day so if i miss ya give a few ill call back..

guessinthe2000
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Thats the acerbis I got. It sucks that I haven't been able to fully set itup. Only one of the bulbs work. Order it from 303cycle. They r the ones that sold it to me.don't b surprise if is back ordered.

Townie. I never had a miss call but I'll call u in a few.

So should I get the street cage or the stunt cage? Wat do most people get?

Thanks

#1Townie
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 10:26 PM
hmmm maybe it was one of those you wernt getting sevice.. what can ya do??

what cage you get is what you want out of it.. they are making those street cages so you can still dip hard.. the wider cages i guess is to help the bike fromm rolling over on to the tank.. i guess... get what ever one you think is going to work for you.. alolt of people talk bad about the 905 but that damn thing held with some big hits.. just get somthing that you think will work for you..

Fizzy
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 02:09 AM
I have a sick innovations cage, and it's slim enough to still put my knee down, and it provides great protection.

Last year I pulled a wheelie up too hard, bounced off the 12 bar, and the bike came down (with the throttle stuck open) on it's front tire, then flipped and barrel-rolled 2x in the air before it hit the ground upside down. I rode it home that same day no problem. I'll show you all the video some time, lol.

Bottom line - sick innovations cage is a great product. Still rockin the same one this year...

(They're also the brand of cages I'll be carrying ;) )

Matty
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thats the acerbis I got. It sucks that I haven't been able to fully set itup. Only one of the bulbs work. Order it from 303cycle. They r the ones that sold it to me.don't b surprise if is back ordered.

i ordered the same one, didn't like the way it looked and returned it.

Jim over at TFOG has an extra black one laying around.

next week, if you still haven't gotten it installed, i'll cruise over and help ya out.

Richard
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
if you're still looking to get a tyger shark i thing MROD (on here) and some of her friends are doing a group buy on them.

guessinthe2000
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
^^^ ill hit him up

guessinthe2000
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
i ordered the same one, didn't like the way it looked and returned it.

Jim over at TFOG has an extra black one laying around.

next week, if you still haven't gotten it installed, i'll cruise over and help ya out.

Thanks mang That would help me a lot

guessinthe2000
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I'll try to get a better pic

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/guessinthe2000/linda_024.jpg

Richard
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
that thing's gangsta.

i couldn't afford it so i got the black mamba.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/rickG1K/STP68033.jpg

#1Townie
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 12:34 AM
hey what are you doin with your upper stay??

Megan
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Hey Guys i am gong to try to put in the order for the Tygershark cages this week i think, If you know anyone PM me or text 719-205-1872!

guessinthe2000
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
hey what are you doin with your upper stay??r u talking to me? I'm down to sell it. Do u want it?

#1Townie
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 10:38 PM
maybe what year is your rr.. im working on a bike right now going from full stunt back to street.. he needs a ton of parts what you got taken up space??

guessinthe2000
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Mine is an 03 rr. I believe everything fits from o3-06 but just make sure. I have the front fairing stay, headlights, windscreen OEM, etc... Hit me up and LMK what he needs.

-Sam

DavidofColorado
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty good with wiring. So if you need some help let me know.

#1Townie
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
well there kinda the same. the 03-04 are the same then in 05 they changed the fairings just a bit and i think they put diffrent forks on them.. he needs all fairings upper lower tail everything.. i have a upper stay but the upper hole snapped so you can only put one bolt it.. im giving my head lights and trying to find all my old stock bolts for when the cages is finished being cut off hahaha... so what ever you have besides the head light let me know.. he also needs a gage cluster.. im putting mine back on my bike..

thanks for the offer dave but i have a sparky god down the street.. but if you get bored and want to make the drive its good times trying to figure out what the old owner took off and what bolts are missing from what parts.. i got the bike with a box of parts a bowl of bolts hahaha..

guessinthe2000
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Im texting you right now

guessinthe2000
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty good with wiring. So if you need some help let me know.

thank you so much for the help mang. Appreciate the burger too. Look at the weather is all sunny now. LOLL

-Sam

DavidofColorado
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 05:07 PM
thank you so much for the help mang. Appreciate the burger too. Look at the weather is all sunny now. LOLL

-Sam

Your very welcome. I'm glad that I could help you.:alien: I'll be getting back to you about the window tinting soon.

guessinthe2000
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM
No problem. LMK when you are ready.

firefghtr
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 01:34 PM
my recent install

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
That's cool. I like your old one too. But wasn't your bike red?

firefghtr
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
it was originally, then i turned it into this ( see pic) and now im making it streetable as well. deff looks better as a race bike but this new look will do for now. im putting a new rear end on it with tail light too.