PDA

View Full Version : Any drywallers here?

rforsythe
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Weighing doing it myself vs hiring someone to just come do it for me. Any CSC'ers do this professionally? Not a large job but I'd need it hung, mudded/taped, and textured, so all pretty standard stuff.

brennahm
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I can hang, tape, and mud. Only ever done smooth finishes, but I can at least help with the first steps. Lemme know.

King Nothing
Sat Jun 6th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I've done it. I vowed to NEVER hang drywall again.

THE3BS
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I've got a guy I used to do a project for me back in November. His work is good and his prices were the best I could find. If you want his info. Let me know.

dchd1130
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Ive got a couple guys that live in one of my condos, that do great work. Ive had them do everything from complete remodels on the condos (floors, cabinets, walls), to adding a 3000 sq ft showroom in one of my shops. They had to hang dry wall 30 ft up. They also just put up a fence at my house. Not something they normally do, but they did a hell of a job. They have been pretty slow lately, so Im sure they would be happy to do a small job for you. PM me if you want their #.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Home improvement shows make this look easy. I grew up hanging, finishing and texturing drywall with my dad and after 15 years, there are still things I have a hard time doing. DON'T DO THIS YOURSELF!!! It really is an "ART". Especially texturing. I've seen too many people with no experience who've screwed their stuff up by trying it themselves. It really is a whole other ball game than painting. Also.. don't just get a handy man to do it (someone who does all sorts of things). If your going to pay someone to do this for you, pay a specialized person/crew that does drywall day in and day out. I'm an assistant project manager for a major general contractor here in town, so I'd like to say I know a thing or two about construction and management. Good luck!