PDA

View Full Version : Almost Became A Statistic This Morning.

THE3BS
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I headed out this morning for work. My commute involves making a left hand turn onto a very busy street. This morning as I approached the intersection I noticed the light was green and it's a short light so I sped up hoping to make the light. As I approached the instersection the light turned yellow, I hit the throttle and told myself I'm going to make this light...

I don't know what happened, but the instant I hit that throttle something inside me said to get off the throttle, "this is how bad accidents happen," I told myself. I released the throttle and slowed to a stop at the light.

As soon as my bike came to a stop an SUV came blazing through the intersection at 50+ MPH. If I had not stopped that SUV would have hit me and I would have most likely been crushed to death on impact.

NEVER try to make the light on a bike. That minute or two you spend sitting at the light could be the difference between life and death.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Scary stuff for sure and glad to hear that you learned from it!

Matty
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 01:23 PM
NEVER try to make the light on a bike. That minute or two you spend sitting at the light could be the difference between life and death.
common sence works wonders.

Gregger
Sun Jun 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
common sence works wonders.

Running red lights on a motorcycle is like using a condom with a hole in it.

bulldog
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Better to be safe and live to ride another day. I try to tell myself that everytime I start to push it on the street...

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Glad you are ok. You see vehicles running the red lights all the time. Bikers just have to be overly defensive on the road.

Reyven
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Running red lights on a motorcycle is like using a condom with a hole in it.

totally needed this for my first sig line :) may i?

kawasakirob
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Bike vs. SUV hmmm