PDA

View Full Version : A rider died near Ward yesterday

gtn
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Anyone know about this (http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jun/07/motorcyclist-killed-peak-to-peak-highway-ward/)?

RIP rider.

Ceez
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Horrible news, my thoughts and prayers go out to the rider and his family and friends. Hopefully we will get some more info on this soon.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Man oh man... RIP rider.

All of our folks that were out in that area are accounted for, aren't they?

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I didn't hear about it...the article doesn't give much info...(sportbike, cruiser) Either way, that is horrible.

bulldog
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wow, I wonder if that was the cruiser Wayne and I saw riding back from Estes Park :( We saw a cop with it's lights on and a cruiser upside down that was off the road in a ditch/cliff :cry:

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Possibly...hopefully it wasn't a 2nd motorcycle accident/death

dm_gsxr
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Yea, the comments were also talking about the cruiser as well.

Carl

eg bter
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
That wasn't the one we saw Nate. The upside down cruiser we saw was at a 15 mph switchback on Coal Creek.

bulldog
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
That wasn't the one we saw Nate. The upside down cruiser we saw was at a 15 mph switchback on Coal Creek. Ok, good, because I felt bad that we didn't stop to see if there was anything we could help with. At the time I didn't think it looked that bad, so there was no need to stop, but I guess you never know. Knew we were in that area, so thought of that cruiser....

Wintermute
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM
There's several sharpish, guard rail-less corners just to the south of Ward on the P2P, hope it wasn't one of those.

I noticed on Saturday because I turned around right there (decided the clouds to the south warranted a run down Lefthand instead of Coal Creek as planned) and thought "Damn, that's quite a drop for no guard rail."

We play in a dangerous playground. RIP unknown rider.

Jim_Vess
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Here's an update.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jun/08/motorcyclist-who-died-peak--peak-was-lakewood/

brennahm
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hall said he did not know the estimated speed Clark was traveling when he left the highway.

You will NEVER see a quote like this in an article describing a sportbike accident.

Skinbabe
Mon Jun 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM
And no helmet... very sad... RIP