PDA

View Full Version : FOUND >> English Bulldog (Five Points)

JustSomeDude
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I found an English Bulldog yesterday near 27th and California in Five Points. He seemed to be well taken care of, neutered, and very people friendly. He also seemed very spoiled, because if I ignored him for any period of time, he'd bark like crazy at me to pet him! :)

He had no tags - and no collar. I dropped him off at the Denver Dumb Friends League, and since he had no collar he only has 5 days before they consider euthanasia and/or his candidacy for adoption.

If you know anyone who is missing this dog, PLEASE contact them. I'd hate to see this little bugger put down.

Pics and info at the Craigslist post I made: http://denver.craigslist.org/laf/1212313009.html

:(

Sully
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Please, (everyone/anyone) if you ever find a stray animal, take them to a no kill shelter, like MaxFund if at all possible... :(

Big-J
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Five Points is my hood these days also, you found a dog, I found a dead body. :dunno::lol:

~Barn~
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
The dog killed that dude. That's why he's carrying no ID.

chad23
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
shot we would have givin him a home here

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Damn I want him! Well there is an adoption waiting list for English Bulldogs that is over a year long so I really doubt this guy would get put down. My bet is he will have a home the first day he gets put up for adoption.

Can you go back and say you were mistaken and want the dog back so you can give him to me. haha...jk, I would rather he find his lost owner.

JustSomeDude
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:22 AM
shot we would have givin him a home here

Damn I want him! Well there is an adoption waiting list for English Bulldogs that is over a year long so I really doubt this guy would get put down. My bet is he will have a home the first day he gets put up for adoption.

Can you go back and say you were mistaken and want the dog back so you can give him to me. haha...jk, I would rather he find his lost owner.

If you guys are seriously interested, CALL the DUMB FRIENDS LEAGUE NOW... they will likely give you the dog sooner than euthanize it!!!!

(303) 751-5772

And I didn't want to give him up immediately to a random bloke, because I'm sure there is an owner out there balling his/her eyes out. I think the owner deserves the chance to get their little pupp back, and I felt DDFL was the best option for that. And yes - he will likely go into the adoption system before they even consider euthanasia due to his rare breed.

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, you guys should call the DDFL and give them your contact information. Tell them if he isn't claimed in a reasonable time period by his owners then you want to be called ASAP for him. At least they will know he is wanted and have names and numbers to reach you guys. :)

He's a cutie. From the pictures he looks kinda young, but I am not all too familiar with these dogs, so beats me. He's probably scared to death. Poor baby.

dapper
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Is this the doggie?

ID#A0520388 link (http://www.ddfl.org/lostpets.htm)

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yes, you guys should call the DDFL and give them your contact information. Tell them if he isn't claimed in a reasonable time period by his owners then you want to be called ASAP for him. At least they will know he is wanted and have names and numbers to reach you guys. :)

He's a cutie. From the pictures he looks kinda young, but I am not all too familiar with these dogs, so beats me. He's probably scared to death. Poor baby. I don't think it works that way. Like I said there is a waiting list for a purebred English bulldog and the next person on the list gets the opportunity. Now if he wouldn't have taken it to a kill shelter so quickly, then he could have waited an tried to find the owner or a good home for it rather than some stranger. Oh well I am sure he will get a good home just because of his expensive breed. Props on getting him off the street though :)

I would put up some signs in the area you found him (don't include pics though, so the real owner has to identify him). Also vets in that area should be informed.

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I don't think it works that way. Like I said there is a waiting list for a purebred English bulldog and the next person on the list gets the opportunity. Now if he wouldn't have taken it to a kill shelter so quickly, then he could have waited an tried to find the owner or a good home for it rather than some stranger. Oh well I am sure he will get a good home just because of his expensive breed. Props on getting him off the street though :)

I would put up some signs in the area you found him (don't include pics though, so the real owner has to identify him). Also vets in that area should be informed.

Is this the doggie?

ID#A0520388 link (http://www.ddfl.org/lostpets.htm)
Yes Dapper, that is the same dog. Can't get anything past you. lol

dapper
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Point:
DDFL doesn't wait to put the dogs up for adoption.

Why make it difficult to find the owner without using pics of the dog? It's mug shot is posted at DDFL.

:jerkoff:

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Point:
DDFL doesn't wait to put the dogs up for adoption.

Why make it difficult to find the owner without using pics of the dog? It's mug shot is posted at DDFL.

:jerkoff: Because these dogs are worth a lot of money and people will try to get him when they are not truly the owner (some just to make a profit). If I lost one of my Bulldogs I would be checking every add that said a lost bulldog was found regardless if their were a picture. At least that way they could ask what the bulldog looks like before giving it up. What else are they going to do, ask the dog if that is their owner? lol

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I don't think it works that way. Like I said there is a waiting list for a purebred English bulldog and the next person on the list gets the opportunity. Now if he wouldn't have taken it to a kill shelter so quickly, then he could have waited an tried to find the owner or a good home for it rather than some stranger. Oh well I am sure he will get a good home just because of his expensive breed. Props on getting him off the street though :)

Nate is right. You guys find a stray english bulldog, do not take them to a shelter like Justsomedude did. Odds are they will end up in a bad home. They are such an expensive an in-demand breed that there are hundreds of people on the waiting list. My first bulldog was beaten, dumped at a shelter, adopted and abused again and dumped at shelter because scumbags wanted a bulldog but had no clue about the committment in taking care of one.

~Barn~
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Well don't give dude too hard of a time. At least he did *something*. He could have just been all "Awww... what a cute, lost, tagless dog."

"Out."

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Bulldog, what do you suppose the waiting list looks like? Kinda long, or kinda short? It's possible a lot of folks on the list may have found dog's elsewhere and never removed their name from the DDFL list?! I don't know. I just hope he finds his family.

Good info on the breed though. I didn't know and now I do. :)

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Well don't give dude too hard of a time. At least he did *something*. He could have just been all "Awww... what a cute, lost, tagless dog." "Out."

I would put up some signs in the area you found him (don't include pics though, so the real owner has to identify him). Also vets in that area should be informed. I did!!

Nate is right. You guys find a stray english bulldog, do not take them to a shelter like Justsomedude did. Odds are they will end up in a bad home. They are such an expensive an in-demand breed that there are hundreds of people on the waiting list. My first bulldog was beaten, dumped at a shelter, adopted and abused again and dumped at shelter because scumbags wanted a bulldog but had no clue about the committment in taking care of one. Thanks Jim, we got to look out for our ugly dog friends.

Hey Bulldog, what do you suppose the waiting list looks like? Kinda long, or kinda short? It's possible a lot of folks on the list may have found dog's elsewhere and never removed their name from the DDFL list?! I don't know. I just hope he finds his family.

Good info on the breed though. I didn't know and now I do. :) I am sure the list is still long though. I tried it years ago and it was estimated at over two years, but this may depend on which shelter (things may have changed since then also). I just always worry about what owner will get the dog like Jim said. Hopefully the true owner will see this craigslist add or ddfl.

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Why in the heck do people refuse to put tags on their pets. I can't see a good explanation for it. Pisses me off. It's like $3 bucks. Good god, call me I'll give you the damn $3.

(this could get ugly huh - going broke $3 bucks at a time) LOL

~Barn~
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
My reply was to Jim, Nate, not you. My post was directly following his post.

I would have quoted you or used your name specifically, if I was addressing you. Mix in a cup of decaf.

Out.

Wyck
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Nothing comes up with that link and I clicked through and no bulldogs. Maybe the dog had a chip and the owners have already picked him up :)

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Nothing comes up with that link and I clicked through and no bulldogs. Maybe the dog had a chip and the owners have already picked him up :) I got excited for a minute and thought the owner found him, but no it is still there; page three third from bottom. it won't let me link to it...

dapper
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Try the link again with
Quebec
Shelter

:) page 3

Male Brindle English Bulldog (Purebred) 04 Yrs

Wyck
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Doh sorry blonde moment. But still. Maybe he has a chip.

Horsman
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
My Boy has a Chip - So I never lose him again...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/Bax-1.jpg

neh
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
not on the found/lost dog list anymore, so maybe he did get to his home.

bulldog
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
not on the found/lost dog list anymore, so maybe he did get to his home. Nice :)

Sully
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
He wasn't lost... he packed his doggy bags and was running away from home... who wants a horse as an owner ??? :p

JustSomeDude
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Mine has a chip too, so I don't lose her running away down Speer Blvd. ever again. :crazy:

http://www.justsomedude.com/photography/licka.jpg (http://www.justsomedude.com/photography/lick.jpg)

BeoBe
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM
yea those dogs are pretty damn expensive, so i think if a chance comes along that dog will be taken pretty quick.. love the dog but not fond of the brindle.. course my dog was at the dumb friends league too and they are really good people.