PDA

View Full Version : Bike fell over

kawasakirob
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Was switching plastic on my bike and when I took it off the stand.....it fell over. :banghead: It broke the left mirror, upper left cowling, left side panel, and luckily did not dent the tank or hit the rear section. God it sucked. I yelled so loud that the upstairs neighbor ran down to see what the hell was going on. The kickstand was down, but not all the way, so when I set it down, the bike rolled forward and crashed into the pavement. Thank God it was not on the pipe side.

derekm
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
shit happens when you party naked!

Horsman
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 08:09 PM
The Question is... Did you ever pick it back up - or is it still lying on the floor???
http://www.3dcc.co.nz/images/models/8.jpg
Are you still yelling "God Why Me?"

kawasakirob
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
It was up in 2 seconds. I could not believe it. A pristine ZX10 laying on the ground because I did not check the sidestand. I hear stories of people dropping them at gas stations with similar situations and I never thought I would make a mistake like that. For the love of God check your sidestands!!!

wankel7
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Something you do once...

Tipys
Tue Jun 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM
^^Yup I surely have not done it again.

SLVRSURFR
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 08:14 AM
It was up in 2 seconds. I could not believe it. A pristine ZX10 laying on the ground because I did not check the sidestand. I hear stories of people dropping them at gas stations with similar situations and I never thought I would make a mistake like that. For the love of God check your sidestands!!!

I didnt have me a purdy bike for too long.. Almost made it a year without a blemish though.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Are you still yelling "God Why Me?"

When God gives you lemons, you find a new God!

http://awfulcommercials.com/stills/powerthirst.jpg

Speedwagon
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Something you do once...

Very true. After having my very first bike fall over, with me on it, because I forgot to put the stand down, I haven't done it again. Sucks trying to get 550lbs off of you, while you are under it, and the machine has your foot pinned down so you can't get out.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Post up when U make it to the homestead.

TurboGizzmo
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear....

Before I could ride my bike I practiced picking one up in my front lawn (it was my roommates since he didnt seem to mind laying it over) just in case.....

My bike stand always freaked me out....I was a wuss and always has a roommate out to help me bring it down.