PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo all to myself!

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 06:58 PM
So, I wanted to get the Triumph on the track and saw that the weather was gonna be good down south. Showed up at PMI at 9 this morning with the bike in the truck, and the only other people were a small group testing out a Formula TR go-fast little race car. That was it. I've never been on this track, so my first few laps were purely recon. The 15 year old kid(!) in the race car (Italian chassis, Renault engine) was new to the track, too, but not to racing. Moving up from gokarts. We kinda traded off running laps, like separate sessions, not planned, just worked out that way. The weather turned out freaking gorgeous, mid 60's and not a breath of wind and almost no clouds.
I love this track! I was sort of lonely out there solo, trying to find a line was an adventure, but the bike always knows the way, if you relax and let it. At one point, I was on with the race car, and as it worked out, we both came out of turn 10 onto the big straightaway side by side, and the roll-on drag was on. And the Triumph (now +3 on the rear) walked...all... over...it. It was like - like -

:rock:

Yeah, just like that.
Anyway, I just got back, and the T is still in the pickup bed. I am totally stoked to go back tomorrow for more - anyone else? I mean, maybe I can fit another bike in the truck, or just meet someone there, whatever. It would be nice if I knew someone else was around to call for help if I lose it, I was holding back today for fear of having to crawl back for my cell if nobody saw me.

Anyone?
Joe

Bueller
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 07:25 PM
How was the track? Had alot of oil on it couple weeks ago, also turn 10 was like snot.

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Bear in mind, I'd never been there before, but, turn 10 pretty much sucks, at least, I couldn't get thru the burnout smears at any kind of speed without breaking the rear tire loose. I was convinced there was a way to find a line that would let me by, but I'm an idiot. The kid in the race car was coming thru that starting-grid/ turn 10 section at 93 mph! Also, there was a remnant of an oil streak going thru turn 5 / 6, but it didn't appear to be wet, more like an old stain. I never had a problem, but I couldn't help staying inside away from it (I crossed it a few times and no problems). Otherwise, very clean, a little rubber later on from the race car on the outsides.

-PUCK-
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 08:46 PM
What time are you heading down there? I might be up to stopping by for a while.

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Jay told me be there no later than 10 or don't come. I live by Golden and it takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get there. So, if I go I leave here by 6:30 - 7:00.

-PUCK-
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Cool. Well, if you decide to go, give me a call on my cell to let me know. Myself and possibly another member will prob swing by.
Mark
c: 719-492-0261

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'm 99% sure I'll go, I was starting to get a good feel for the bike, but I was about out of gas for the bike and myself. If I go again right away, the positive reinforcement will be there. I'll give you a call in the morning once I'm on the way.

Joe

Lel
Sat Feb 19th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Bear in mind, I'd never been there before, but, turn 10 pretty much sucks, at least, I couldn't get thru the burnout smears at any kind of speed without breaking the rear tire loose. I was convinced there was a way to find a line that would let me by, but I'm an idiot. The kid in the race car was coming thru that starting-grid/ turn 10 section at 93 mph! Also, there was a remnant of an oil streak going thru turn 5 / 6, but it didn't appear to be wet, more like an old stain. I never had a problem, but I couldn't help staying inside away from it (I crossed it a few times and no problems). Otherwise, very clean, a little rubber later on from the race car on the outsides.

yup still sounds like it hasnt been cleaned up at all, that sucks. Turns 5-7 had all that oil, and if you can still see it, probably is still kinda slick. As well as 10 had a bunch of dirt/dust on it making it extra slick. Sounds like thats not cleaned up either. SUCK

lel

Bueller
Sun Feb 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM
That sucks for sure! I love that track but I have a hard time shelling out that kinda $ for a track you can't ride full speed :bs:

COGIXX
Sun Feb 20th, 2005, 08:40 AM
...also turn 10 was like snot.

THATS the analogy I was looking for!! :yay: