PDA

View Full Version : F-16 Low Pass - This rocks!!!

64BonnieLass
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2325593/f_16_low_pass/

Too cool!! This gives me goosebumps. :)

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cool vid but the music kind of takes away from the effect.

Matty
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
a couple of months ago while riding up at Keystone a jet flew by crazy low. it shook the chairlift i was on.

sugarrey
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
im a huge fan....awesome

Scer
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Not sure if I put this on the site before or not but this one of the blue angels is freaking bad arse!

http://www.spike.com/video/blue-angel-buzzes/2903299

fly on flyas

willb003
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
^ that was badass, I watched it like 10 times

derekm
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 07:34 PM
thats pretty badd ass ya!

BigE
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
The first one reminds me of the time I was out at our farm when I was like 12 or 13 and I hear this jet. I start looking all over the place and can't see it. Kind of strange for a blue sky/cloudless day, ya know? Then this F-16 comes weaving thru the sandhills!:shocked: He went straight over my head close enough I could see the rivets holding the plane together.:crazy:

Best part is I was out plinking crap with my .22 rifle so I was like "Oh boy, Don't shoot! I frickin' surrender!" :lol:

sugarrey
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
SCER - hell yeah dog.

Anyone ever seen the Christian Eagles fly?

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM
The first one reminds me of the time I was out at our farm when I was like 12 or 13 and I hear this jet. I start looking all over the place and can't see it. Kind of strange for a blue sky/cloudless day, ya know? Then this F-16 comes weaving thru the sandhills!:shocked: He went straight over my head close enough I could see the rivets holding the plane together.:crazy:

Best part is I was out plinking crap with my .22 rifle so I was like "Oh boy, Don't shoot! I frickin' surrender!" :lol:

Hahaha, that is hysterical. Would have been a cool sight to see though. (after composing yourself of course. :lol:)

Scer
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 05:30 PM
SCER - hell yeah dog.

Anyone ever seen the Christian Eagles fly?

That's a negative ghost rider..Gotta link?

link on linkas

ChrisCBX
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM

I was driving on a remote Colorado highway a couple of years ago when I saw a very low altitude jet approaching from the west. I was heading north and the jet seemed like it was heading directly at me at a right angle.

As it got closer I could see it was an F-16. After flying directly in my direction, it made a hard left turn just as it reached me and changed it's direction, going north. The jet noise was beautifully loud and it was so low you could easily see the pilot and details of the jet and it's markings. Very cool.:)

~Barn~
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
If you live in the area, you may have heard it, but last Saturday afternoon, an F-15 (which I have to think took off from Centennial Airport), flew right over the area around Arapahoe Rd. and Potomac.

I should have headed outside sooner to see more of its flight, but I saw it banking Southward until it flew out-of-sight obscured from my vantage. Everybody was out on their decks watching/listening to it. :lol:

Nothing like a good close-up visual of a jet fighter in flight; airshow or otherwise. Damn shame the Denver stop of the Blue Angels got scratched this year.

Bueller
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I don't think they fly mil jets out of Centennial when they gots Buckley right over yonder.
I am working there now, and am 1/4 mi off one of the runways. Watching them take off is a work stopper everytime :)

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Oh, how awesome is that David. Awwww yea.....that would be great to see. Crack!!

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:55 PM
They are super cool! I rarely even pay attention to them though. I grew up on airbases and unfortunately got used to tuning them out. Still do.
I lived on the following bases: Lowry, Elmendorf, Eielson, Tyndall, Patrick, Seymour Johnson, Nellis, Langley, and Myrtle Beach AFBs. Too much moving for me.

~Barn~
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I don't think they fly mil jets out of Centennial when they gots Buckley right over yonder.
I am working there now, and am 1/4 mi off one of the runways. Watching them take off is a work stopper everytime :)

Yeah, I suppose it may have been outbound from Buckley. It seemed to have been flying W-to-E prior to banking Southbound, so that's why Centennial came to mind. That and it was kinda low in the sky. Seemed strange to me at the time, too. (?)

Anyway... way out of the ordinary for this neck of the woods. I'll hear the ocassional Gulfstream tear out of here, and make a bit of racket but like I said, that F-15 was pulling people away from their TVs to go see it.
:rock:

I know Pandora knows which AFB this one was based out of. =)
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Nellis2006/Highlights/F15AndStratosphereTower.jpg

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Gosh Barn....I'm not sure. I was very young at some of those bases. It looks most like Nellis to me.
I was too young for the Alaska bases and Lowry back then.

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM
All I can see in that picture, is me sneaking in the back before take off. It landing...me getting arrested. Schwing!!!!! :)

~Barn~
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Gosh Barn....I'm not sure. I was very young at some of those bases. It looks most like Nellis to me.
I was too young for the Alaska bases and Lowry back then.

Ah, gotcha. You are right though. That's the Stratosphere tower there in the background. =)

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
When I lived there, there was no Stratosphere. The "Howdy Partner" dude was on the strip and I was 8-12 years old.

Drift
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Nellis2006/Highlights/F15AndStratosphereTower.jpg

If Pandora-11 looks closely...she is tied to this photo twice...the photo was taken at Nellis...but the F-15 is from Langley. :)

Drift
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I really enjoyed this thread...if anyone ever wants to hear them, I can tell you some cool stories.

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I would love to hear them Drift. Love................

Pandora-11
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Yep...that F-15 was designed in response to the Soviet MiGs. It's used by the Japanese, the Israelis, and the Saudis. I remember that it was a big deal. Lately it's had some big structural problems, but the plan is to fly them until 2025 if they hold up.
It's a Mcdonnell-Douglas aircraft...I say that because my dad and brother went to work for Lockheed (formerly General Dynamics) and they made the F-111. Since we were at the TAC bases, the F-111 was THE thing back then.

~Barn~
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Nice. The one-eleven was always one of my favorites growing up. Same with the F-14. I always had a thing for sweep-wing jets, and those were a couple that always seemd to make the airshow circuit, adding to the fascination. :up:

Then TopGun got made, and well..... We all know how that goes. :lol:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM
1st Fighter Wing. Langley AFB, VA. Just not sure if it's from the 27th, 71st, or 94th Fighter Squadron. Actually, with the red horizontal paint on the top of the vertical stab's, it's the 71st.

Yeah, I suppose it may have been outbound from Buckley. It seemed to have been flying W-to-E prior to banking Southbound, so that's why Centennial came to mind. That and it was kinda low in the sky. Seemed strange to me at the time, too. (?)

Anyway... way out of the ordinary for this neck of the woods. I'll hear the ocassional Gulfstream tear out of here, and make a bit of racket but like I said, that F-15 was pulling people away from their TVs to go see it.
:rock:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Then TopGun got made, and well..... We all know how that goes. :lol:

Yes, we know it means you rewinded the volleyball scene over and over.

~Barn~
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Yes, we know it means you rewinded the volleyball scene over and over.

You should make this your avatar for me. =)
http://exradiant.com/rossovich.jpg