PDA

View Full Version : Weird Couple of Days or Strange Blog-like Ramblings

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Is it me or have the last few days been strange?

1. The weather.... the sky looks like something out of one of those last days movies.

2. Went hiking with my dog at Red Rock Canyon and was surrounded by four coyotes taunting me and my dog. I wished at that moment that I hadn't taken the pepper spray off my key chain. Instead I opted to behave like a crazy woman ("More than usual?" asked my son.) stomping and dancing around like a lunatic and pleading with my dog to stop acting like Xena, Warrior Princess. We got out of there with all our limbs.

3. Ran into an elderly couple who locked their keys in the car with the windows down about an inch and a half. Three guys were trying to help them get it open with a walking stick. Too unwieldy. I opened my hatch to take out my hybrid driver (with Florida Gator headcovers)..no good and then managed to get it open with my 3 iron. I was thinking that lately that's the best thing that this 3 iron has done on or off the golf course. Who unlocks cars with a golf club?

4. Another theft.....someone took my gardening 4 wheeled wagon.....right near the front door. Why isn't my dog being Xena now?

5. ...and now I'm fighting a mild migraine....i never get migraines.....
I'm going back to bed.

How's your day?:banghead::)

Mental
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Using a golf club to open a door is the best use for one. Golf sucks. Biggest waste of prime real estate. Before I gave up my denial and was trying to play golf like a good little Air Force officer, I was always struck that every golf course I was on would make an awesome go cart track. I'd probably still play golf, but one day I had an itch in my crotch. When I scratched it, I realized I had two lumps. Initially I was alarmed, but then I remembered they were my balls. I have balls becuase I am a man, and thus, golf sucks.

I also realize that eloquent little tirade has no impact on a lady of your class, especially if I reference my balls. But the point is you get a nice kharma deposit for helping the folks out.

Stop buying gardening carts. Get a crappy old wagon from K-Mart, not even a real Radio Flyer. Cover it with stickers. Crappy stickers.

Your dog rules. I am not afraid of Coyotes, but my oldest is very protective. He would probably have torn into them, and they would get him with numbers. He'd take a few, but the reality is that he is 13 years old and has bad hips. It scares me that coyotes would use that trick on my mutt. My littlest have "gone to college" as we call it, so I am not as worried about them.

Enjoy the sky, I am in Omaha, its so friggin humid here. Ugh.

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Actually golf is like Prozac....and like the need for Prozac. There is nothing like being out there when you strike the ball and hear THAT sound. Only golfers know what I'm talking about. It's that sound that tells you that you struck it just right....and it's just that one sound that keeps you coming back even though the rest of the hits twack into the sand or catch water. Don't ask why my 4 iron is slightly bent.
Yeah....it's an old person's sport.

Did I mention the odd zit on the left side of my chin? It looks like a third eye. I'm too old for zits.

Tipys
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Change the word Prozac with Alcohol and you got it right I mean I have seen the drink cart out there. Its more of a reason to drink while the sun is still out. Kinda like a BBQ but alot more gay.

For the weather its freaking Colorado

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Did I mention that I tee it up in the fairway? It gives me a lower score and ticks off my family. Hey...I could just cheat on the scorecard.

Weird day.....I need a fast Bishop's Castle run.

Someone told me to put toothpaste on the zit....that's odd too....and it stings.

Mental, you have six bikes for crying out loud! I'll get a decent gardening cart, not a crappy wagon.

willb003
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Using a golf club to open a door is the best use for one. Golf sucks. Biggest waste of prime real estate. Before I gave up my denial and was trying to play golf like a good little Air Force officer, I was always struck that every golf course I was on would make an awesome go cart track. I'd probably still play golf, but one day I had an itch in my crotch. When I scratched it, I realized I had two lumps. Initially I was alarmed, but then I remembered they were my balls. I have balls becuase I am a man, and thus, golf sucks.

HAHAHA hell yea, as for the coyotes I see em all over my neighbor hood every night and would love to go out with the pistol and take a couple out, but Im pretty sure my neighbors might freak out.

gtn
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Amen.

Tipys
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Did I mention that I tee it up in the fairway? It gives me a lower score and ticks off my family. Hey...I could just cheat on the scorecard.

Weird day.....I need a fast Bishop's Castle run.

Someone told me to put toothpaste on the zit....that's odd too....and it stings.

Mental, you have six bikes for crying out loud! I'll get a decent gardening cart, not a crappy wagon.

The Toothpaste trick works it drys it out.

Also I don't think any of Mental's bikes have been stolen. He was making a suggestion for something that was alot less likely to be stolen.

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
How's your day?:banghead::)

I don't ask for much and I'm way too patient. Been this way my whole life because of being raised by an alcoholic...kept praying she'd see the light...

1. Anyhoo, so I get to the carpool parking lot yesterday, start up the car and it makes this god-awful noise. I sit there listening as the sound begins to die down and contemplate turning it off. Instead, I put it in reverse and "clunk, lurch, clunk"...I'm thinking, "Freakin' transimission!"

2. I had an 8 o'clock appt last night to see my Realtor to sign contract addendum papers for the townhome I put a bid on. My offer was accepted...yay!

3. Decide to work from home today, so I can drop off my car at the shop my Realtor's husband recommended. Got a call from my Realtor..."Sorry, not good news. There's a problem with the property not having been owned by a resident, but rather having been owned by investors and it won't go FHA." Seriously? I've been looking for 6 months now...this one was "it!" Freakin patience anyway.

4. Got another call this afternoon...good news..."It's not the tranny, just needs a flush, a filter change, and some TLC." Cool, so do it. A couple hours later, another call, "Sorry, I spoke too soon...it's the tranny"...grand total? $3200...and that does not include the oil change it needs and coolant flush...gah!

I'm thinking I'm a tad off...seriously...aren't normal people supposed to be breaking down right about now?:crazy::banghead::D

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I don't ask for much and I'm way too patient. Been this way my whole life because of being raised by an alcoholic...kept praying she'd see the light...

1. Anyhoo, so I get to the carpool parking lot yesterday, start up the car and it makes this god-awful noise. I sit there listening as the sound begins to die down and contemplate turning it off. Instead, I put it in reverse and "clunk, lurch, clunk"...I'm thinking, "Freakin' transimission!"

2. I had an 8 o'clock appt last night to see my Realtor to sign contract addendum papers for the townhome I put a bid on. My offer was accepted...yay!

3. Decide to work from home today, so I can drop off my car at the shop my Realtor's husband recommended. Got a call from my Realtor..."Sorry, not good news. There's a problem with the property not having been owned by a resident, but rather having been owned by investors and it won't go FHA." Seriously? I've been looking for 6 months now...this one was "it!" Freakin patience anyway.

4. Got another call this afternoon...good news..."It's not the tranny, just needs a flush, a filter change, and some TLC." Cool, so do it. A couple hours later, another call, "Sorry, I spoke too soon...it's the tranny"...grand total? $3200...and that does not include the oil change it needs and coolant flush...gah!

I'm thinking I'm a tad off...seriously...aren't normal people supposed to be breaking down right about now?:crazy::banghead::D

Yes honey! You have the patience of a saint. The roller coaster that is life goes that way. I am hoping that my time in Mongolia will give me a different perspective as to what is important and perhaps I will learn that Cathyesque patience. Hang tough!!

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Yes honey! You have the patience of a saint. The roller coaster that is life goes that way. I am hoping that my time in Mongolia will give me a different perspective as to what is important and perhaps I will learn that Cathyesque patience. Hang tough!!

Naw...I don't think you wanna learn my tricks...they haven't done me any good so far.

Anyhoo...wanna know the weirdest thing about the whole past 2 days?

So, I have this friend whose x-g/f will send me email forwards every now and then. What's so weird about that? I didn't even know she existed until she sent me an email about a year ago. So, how did she know my email addy?

Something else that's weird? Today's email forward from this person was a warning that if I didn't forward the email to 8 friends that I'd go broke.

I think I'd like to hear about your travels in Mongolia. Seems quite exciting to me...different and yes, maybe a real good way to do some introspection. Are you gonna write a blog about the trip?

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Naw...I don't think you wanna learn my tricks...they haven't done me any good so far.

Anyhoo...wanna know the weirdest thing about the whole past 2 days?

So, I have this friend whose x-g/f will send me email forwards every now and then. What's so weird about that? I didn't even know she existed until she sent me an email about a year ago. So, how did she know my email addy?

Something else that's weird? Today's email forward from this person was a warning that if I didn't forward the email to 8 friends that I'd go broke.

I think I'd like to hear about your travels in Mongolia. Seems quite exciting to me...different and yes, maybe a real good way to do some introspection. Are you gonna write a blog about the trip?

I am NOT patient. I have a tendency to confront, stomp my feet, and plow through.

Mongolia? I will post up pics....I'm teaching verbs and verb tenses. How's that for excitement? Let's conjugate...shall we?

How come your blog isn't accessible?

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I am NOT patient. I have a tendency to confront, stomp my feet, and plow through.

Mongolia? I will post up pics....I'm teaching verbs and verb tenses. How's that for excitement? Let's conjugate...shall we?

How come your blog isn't assessible?

I have my moments of plowing through, but those are few and far between. My grad degree was one time. Meeting deadlines at work is another. Things I have control over are easy. Convincing others? That's another story.

You won't be teaching all the time. So, where will you be? Yes, I'm curious.

I don't have a blog. I used to blog a lot...but, it takes time away and then I get way too friggen caught up in my stuff. I end up getting bogged down, cuz I take my thoughts with me...a kind of after effect of my childhood...like I said, not a good thing.

Anyhoo, that's enough of my rambling.

Pandora-11
Wed Jun 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I have my moments of plowing through, but those are few and far between. My grad degree was one time. Meeting deadlines at work is another. Things I have control over are easy. Convincing others? That's another story.

You won't be teaching all the time. So, where will you be? Yes, I'm curious.

I don't have a blog. I used to blog a lot...but, it takes time away and then I get way too friggen caught up in my stuff. I end up getting bogged down, cuz I take my thoughts with me...a kind of after effect of my childhood...like I said, not a good thing.

Anyhoo, that's enough of my rambling.

Flying into Ulaabaatar and teaching at a former Russian camp. We're staying in dorms or gers...then off to Solange(?) in the rural north. Besides verbs, I'll be teaching about idioms. I have lots of games planned for free time including Apples to Apples, Taboo, and Pictionary. Uno appears to be a great favorite. Anything to get them talking and using the language.
The side under your avatar says you have 5 blog entries....doesn't
access though.

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:15 AM
The side under your avatar says you have 5 blog entries....doesn't
access though.

Um...oh that...haven't been there since last year. I went to see what was so secretive that I had hidden...meh, nothing special. I erased a couple of them, but it's unhidden.

Devaclis
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I am watching The Long Way 'Round right now and they just got into Ulaanbutar. The entire trip through Mongolia is pretty epic. If you have not seen it, check it out :)

Devaclis
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, Golf is great.

I used to be a VERY low handicapper when I was a wee bit more wee. My family would play 18 if not 36 holes a day, every day, until snow came.

I played up until last year when United Airlines decided to steal my brand new, custom clubs and bag.

Mental
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Kathy - Time for a new car. Seriously. for $3200 you could get a nice truck, and if you're gonna be be a home owner, you need a truck (plus track days). Whats more, yes, despite your humble nature, you do have a lot of pateince. This house was not meant to be, when you get your house, you'll know why.

Pandora - ummm, actually I have 7 1/2 bikes. Don't ask how many work right now. Thats not the point. Teaching anything in one of the Idontgiveacrapastans is cool. Anyone who has travelled to places like that realizes that most of the USs social problems would be solved if more folks travelled to a place like that and realized how unimaginably good we have it.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Golf is great.

I used to be a VERY low handicapper when I was a wee bit more wee. My family would play 18 if not 36 holes a day, every day, until snow came.

I played up until last year when United Airlines decided to steal my brand new, custom clubs and bag.

...and no. Golf is stupid. At least your're not calling it a sport. Seriously, 3 rounds a day? Everyday? Adds those hours up and weep for what you could have done besides contribute to an ecologially diasaterous golf course and wear butt ugly pants (I am not mocking you family per sea, but they are a convienent target to illustrate my larger piont)
Add all that up and you could have flown to a former soviet salltillite country and taught english for a week. hell, you could have road to Mexico and taught for a month. That way the beer and food are better than at a golf course.

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Kathy - Time for a new car. Seriously. for $3200 you could get a nice truck, and if you're gonna be be a home owner, you need a truck (plus track days). Whats more, yes, despite your humble nature, you do have a lot of pateince. This house was not meant to be, when you get your house, you'll know why.

I know I could buy, but I'm still paying on this one...stupid, I know. I also want to keep my promise to my daughter and buy her a used car. So, I'm stuck with what to do and the shop will be ordering stuff today....and...I'll just be inheriting more problems purchasing another used vehicle to replace a car that I'm still paying on. It's just all so freakin silly.

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Pandora - ummm, actually I have 7 1/2 bikes. Don't ask how many work right now. Thats not the point. Teaching anything in one of the Idontgiveacrapastans is cool. Anyone who has travelled to places like that realizes that most of the USs social problems would be solved if more folks travelled to a place like that and realized how unimaginably good we have it.

...and no. Golf is stupid. At least your're not calling it a sport. Seriously, 3 rounds a day? Everyday? Adds those hours up and weep for what you could have done besides contribute to an ecologially diasaterous golf course and wear butt ugly pants (I am not mocking you family per sea, but they are a convienent target to illustrate my larger piont)
Add all that up and you could have flown to a former soviet salltillite country and taught english for a week. hell, you could have road to Mexico and taught for a month. That way the beer and food are better than at a golf course.

Mental....can't tell if youre making fun of me or not.:) Sell your bikes and you could go to one of the 'Stans and teach....ummmm....something....or better yet give one to me and I won't have to be the "unbiked".

Mental
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I make fun of a lot of things, almost everything. But folks who give of themselves to help others are off limits, for me anyway. I am making fun of you for golf, not for the travel. Again, most of my bikes are "projects" which means I'll fix them one day, unless you're my wife, in which case they mean "you can't park in the garage." If you had one, you'd be worse than bikeless, you'd have one that doesn't work. I'd love to go teach, and in 5 years when I retire I might, but right now the AF has very little sense of humour about me up and leaving for the Former Soviet Union for a month.

milehicitygirl
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Is it me or have the last few days been strange?

I opened my hatch to take out my hybrid driver (with Florida Gator headcovers)

GO GATORS !!!:slappers:

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
My daughter is on a California road trip. My son is on a Grand Junction baseball trip. If I could only schedule my husband on a trip this week, I would be in heaven...here by myself with the dog and two cats. Is that terrible to say?

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
GO GATORS !!!:slappers:

Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan ARE the other men in my life.

milehicitygirl
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan ARE the other men in my life.

I have to admit, though. . . I'm not from FL. . . my best friend and her whole family are Gator fans and adopted me into their fan club years ago. . . I don't follow them (as a true Gator fan should), but I am a fan, none-the-less.

Just like to yell GO GATORS !! LOL Always nice to see another Gator !

Pandora-11
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I have to admit, though. . . I'm not from FL. . . my best friend and her whole family are Gator fans and adopted me into their fan club years ago. . . I don't follow them (as a true Gator fan should), but I am a fan, none-the-less.

I only yell that when around FSU Seminoles or Georgia Bulldogs. Fun..

milehicitygirl
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I only yell that when around FSU Seminoles or Georgia Bulldogs. Fun..

LOL :)

dirkterrell
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM

There are a few of us here.

Dirk
(PhD from UF in '94)

milehicitygirl
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM
There are a few of us here.

Dirk
(PhD from UF in '94)

Nice !:cheers: