PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for assholes.........Like me!

sugarrey
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Leaving the vet yesterday after receiving a $850 vet bill for having 4 teeth pulled for my Shiba Inu I pulled out into the middle median during rush hour. The hole that was there for me to enter the street closed up quickly and before I knew it I couldn't see shit...Blindly I pulled out into the lane to enter traffic because I was getting pressure from the other cars and got whacked.

My fault. He was going about 50 and tried to stop but couldn't. No one was hurt, we both had insurance and everything was cool. Weak move on my part.

Anyways, I have a damaged vehicle and need to get it fixed. The issue is that I have $1000 deductible and don't have that kinda cash laying around. So I am thinking that I get a robust estimate or an estimate for all original BMW parts and then slide on a few details to cover my deductible.

Anyone you know that runs a body shop or anyone that will play ball please let me know. I need to get this done ASAP.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
You are a magnet for bad vehicle juju.

Did you piss in gas tanks when you were a little kid or something?

Tipys
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hey if your is Bad Juju can you drive my jeep around for a while.

sugarrey
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah 2009 hasn't been the greatest year so far. :(

sugarrey
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 03:18 PM
So no one knows of a professional auto body shop thats willing to work with me? I know theres gotta be somebody here who knows something.

PhL0aTeR
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
So no one knows of a professional auto body shop thats willing to work with me? I know theres gotta be somebody here who knows something.

not sure asking for help accomplishing insurance fraud on a message board is the smartest thing.... go around to smaller shops, their labor is usually cheaper.... when a tow strap snapped and caved my rear liftgate, progressive totaled it up to about 1200 in damages and i found a small shop down in tejas to do it for 7 bills, so it just covered my $500 deductible.

brennahm
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not fraud...

Sorry man, being the FNG doesn't allow me to give local rec's. Good luck!

sugarrey
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Actually there are a ton of posts like this all over. Even my insurance adjuster at Geico gave me the idea..Crazy huh

sugarrey
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Some pics

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Jeff, I know a dude that runs a small shop. Gimme a ring.

TheStig
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Damn BMW drivers are all cocks haha (Top Gear reference). Jk man, hope it gets fixed.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Actually there are a ton of posts like this all over. Even my insurance adjuster at Geico gave me the idea..Crazy huh

doesnt make it legal.... from what u are saying, you want a body shop to tell your insurance company that the car has more damage than it actually does so that the insurance company pays out more so you dont have to pay your deductible.... do i have that about right?

Sleev
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
most importantly, is the Shiba okay?

I gotta get my Shiba's teeth fixed too.

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM
doesnt make it legal.... from what u are saying, you want a body shop to tell your insurance company that the car has more damage than it actually does so that the insurance company pays out more so you dont have to pay your deductible.... do i have that about right?

No actually thats not it at all. I want a fair estimate from geico on all repairs and I wanted to get used and or non-bmw parts so my out of pocket cost is less because I am unemployed currently but need to fix the car so my girl can get to class.

Get it?

Shiba's good, never left the grasp of my hands, I made sure of that.

Skinbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, so... what your talking about doing is called "burying your deductible" and it is insurance fraud. You would be hard pressed to find a shop willing to do it. The insurance company can sue you and the shop... no shop wants to get into that, it's bad business. If your insurance company has already looked at the vehicle and done an estimate and given you a check, the way you repair the car is up to you. If they wrote for OEM parts and you can find aftermarket or used parts, you are allowed to use them. That might help with your deductible a little. Once you bring it in to the shop, you will need to give them the copy of the estimate your insurance company wrote you, they will start repairs from that estimate (unless you want to change the parts). There will most likely be more damage once the shop starts the repairs. They will need to call your insurance company and they will most likely go back out to the shop and look at it again. There is no way really to there is more damage then what is really there. You can check around too for shop that are willing to work with you on your deductible. Some of the shop are so starving for work right now they will work with you. Another suggestion for future use... call your agent and get your deductible down, it really doesn't make that huge of a difference in your premiums. Also, really check out the shop's your looking at doing the repairs. You are best to bring it to shop that knows how to fix BMW's. They are a little different if there is frame damage. Based on the pics, it doesn't look like there is, but you never know until you get into it. If there is frame damage, the proper way to fix it (per BMW) is with a JIG. If the shop doesn't have the JIG and they fix it on a regular frame rack then it most likely will never be in spec.

Good luck!

Skinbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, and Im an adjuster, if you want me to look at the estimate that your company gives you, I will be more then happy to make sure they are giving you what they should!

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Geico stated and I quote "Since you own the car outright (not financed) we will give you a check for all damages and you can do with it as you please."

Same as my bike damage, they said the same thing. They wrote me a check for $3000 and I paid bills! Both are insured thru geico. And the deductible normally wouldnt be an issue, but am not working currently.

So if its fraud, they're allowing it!

hcr25
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, and Im an adjuster, if you want me to look at the estimate that your company gives you, I will be more then happy to make sure they are giving you what they should!

What company do you work for?

After rolling my truck and trailer I thought my insurance company would try and pay out as little as they could. They are actually working very hard for me. Two andjusters 1 for the truck and 1 for the trailer. So far I am very happy with the outcome. mike

Skinbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Geico stated and I quote "Since you own the car outright (not financed) we will give you a check for all damages and you can do with it as you please."

Same as my bike damage, they said the same thing. They wrote me a check for $3000 and I paid bills! Both are insured thru geico. And the deductible normally wouldnt be an issue, but am not working currently.

So if its fraud, they're allowing it!

Sure you can. But once you bring it into the shop and they find more damage they are going to the insurance company for the difference. The ins co is only going to pay for damages over the estimate they already paid... maybe this would be better if you called me. Im PM you my number, give me a ring.

Skinbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
What company do you work for?

After rolling my truck and trailer I thought my insurance company would try and pay out as little as they could. They are actually working very hard for me. Two andjusters 1 for the truck and 1 for the trailer. So far I am very happy with the outcome. mike
I work for American Family

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I can vouch for the more damage part.

My wife had an innocent enough encounter with a concrete light pole base. The damage looked WAY less than what you have and the initial estimate was for ~$3000 and then they found more damage after tearing into the car and brought it up to $7000. :shock:

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM
yeah.....Me and the skinbabe talked about it....Some interesting facts about insurance companies...Well Geico is coming to look at it hopefully tomorrow so well see what they say. But I am guessing there is additional damage, appears that my tire has a little more toe-out and possibly a little more camber than it used to.....