PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Down, Bash's Fault........

dallas
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
A little back ground to this story:

Bash, Scott and Dallas went out for a short after work ride today. As boys do, we were kinda pushing the limits and I paid the price for that.

So, I went to go into a slight right-hander today and the apex of the turn was right on top of a little hill. Don't know exactly what I was thinking, but as I started to negotiate my line, I hit some loose gravel and the next thing I know, I am in a high-side scenario. When the dust settled, my bike was upside down on a big cluster of rocks and I was thrown down to the base of the cluster. The damage to the bike is mostly cosmetic(rash on the bodywork and some scratches on the frame), but it could stand to have a new shift lever as mine is now bent. I was able to ride the bike home with no problems. As for me, the right side of my body is a little banged up (arm and shoulder mostly) and I think the top of my left knee caught a barend as I was bucked off because it feels like I am getting a bruise. Luckily I was wearing all my gear or it would have alot worse.

Bash got there just in time to see me jump up and try to pick up my bike. Even though he was behind me, I am still trying to find a way to blame it on him!!!!!

COS Mille
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM
WTF, glad you're OK Dallas. The beginning of this season is looking a bit rough for the SOCO crowd. What can be said that hasn't already?
Again glad it wasn't worse, and minor bumps and scratches to you and the bike...

Tipys
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Squid wreaking that nice R1 I told you it was to much bike for you.

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
NICE!!!!! Next time I see you all, in all kindess of course, I CAN KICK ALL YOUR ASSES AT THE VERY SAME TIME.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Awww....Dallas..I'm sorry to hear. And I jus saw the pretty picture at Bostons. We all do it...just fix er up...and back on the road we go...I'm thankful to hear you are ok!

gsxrscott
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 06:04 AM
HA HA !!!!!!!!:slappers:

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
HA HA !!!!!!!!:slappers:
Ok Jackass, I didn't want to do this, but it is now officially your fault too because I was trying to keep up with you. Then again, as soon as Bash realized I was ok, he laughed his ass off too..................

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Squid wreaking that nice R1 I told you it was to much bike for you.
Squidly is as squidly does.............

Kinda funny that you are calling someone out for being a squid and wrecking. Are you the pot or the kettle?

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Dude. Not the new R1??!?!?!?!?! at least you took pictures :D

Devaclis
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:16 AM
that sucks dude. I told you that you were built like a Harley rider. Leave the sportbikes to us young guys.

Glad you are OK too man. OLD man.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:17 AM
maybe you can pick up some parts in Japan!

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Dude. Not the new R1??!?!?!?!?! at least you took pictures :D
When Bash arrived on the scene, I think he was more concerned about me than whipping out his camera, but then joking about it later, we probably should have at least taken a pic of me trying to pick it back up.

zetaetatheta
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Glad to hear you're okay Dallas.

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM
that sucks dude. I told you that you were built like a Harley rider. Leave the sportbikes to us young guys.

Glad you are OK too man. OLD man.
A Hardly could not have done even half the stuff we were doing yesterday. I don't care how old and used up this body looks, I am still young at heart.

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:42 AM
maybe you can pick up some parts in Japan!
I am already anticipating the purchase of a few trinkets........

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Glad to hear you're okay Dallas.
When I woke up this morning, the top of my knee has a little bruise, but other than that, I am back to 100%.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Awww....Dallas..I'm sorry to hear. And I jus saw the pretty picture at Bostons. We all do it...just fix er up...and back on the road we go...I'm thankful to hear you are ok!

Yep, WE all do that.?......:hump:

mtnairlover
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Freakin sucks man! How many times have I said in group ride talks...DON'T TRY TO KEEP UP!!!!

Ok, got that outta my system. Boys will be boys I guess, and I'm glad you're none the worse for the wear. Betcha you're gonna get back up on that bike and try it again though, aren't ya?:crazy:

Wanna see an awesome pic from one of my crashes? This'll make ya feel better?...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/concernedfaces.jpg

I'm betting that's not the look on Bash's face now was it?:D

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm betting that's not the look on Bash's face now was it?:D
I believe there were tears, but that was only because he was laughing soo hard..........

There were some pictures of the ride, maybe Bash or Scott can post a couple up seeing how I didn't bring a camera. I believe there are some before and after incident pictures.

Matty
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
good to hear you ok.

Devaclis
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Man, Dallas, you should go ride for a while. Soak it in. Post pics of you in your 1 piece track suit. You know, for me.

Horsman
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Bash got there just in time to see me jump up and try to pick up my bike. Even though he was behind me, I am still trying to find a way to blame it on him!!!!!

Damn it Bash, He knows he needs to stay atleast 3 miles behind any of our rides... I almost highsided when I heard he was even riding in this state. :lol:

I am sorry to hear about your bike, I am really glad you are ok.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Guess it's 'broken in' now. Fix it up and ride it like you stole it. :twisted:

Dave
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
When first reading the post title I expected this to be a joke- seriously though, sorry to learn of this and glad you’re OK!

My concern now is to the emotional injuries that all those involved may have received. Hopefully no one caught up in this incident will require any “couch time.”

Drift
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:24 AM
When I woke up this morning, the top of my knee has a little bruise, but other than that, I am back to 100%.

What scares me about this is just what you consider 100%?!?

All the same...glad you're OK.

Ciao,
Drift

McVaaahhh
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
That sucks to hear Dallas, glad you're alright though!

A little roadrash on you might be an improvement though. :D

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
That sucks to hear Dallas, glad you're alright though!

A little roadrash on you might be an improvement though. :D
From one ugly guy to another, I take that as a compliment!!!

#1Townie
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
glad ur ok buddy...

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM
glad ur ok buddy...
No worries man. Takes more than a couple bumps and bruises to bring me down!!!

Devaclis
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 09:54 AM
You should come to Dirks to celebrate your victory over defeat :)

636chick
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again, it's your own fault for riding with Bash and Scott they leave nothing but carnage in their wake. I state again for the record this is why I never ride with those 2 menace's to society!!!!!!! If they point and say go there I run away as fast as I can screaming in the opposite direction for my own safety.

Now the next time they say hey Dallas want to go on a ride you will say.........???? :shocked:

After all that is said Plastics can be replaced but our thong wearing Dallas (and no one rocks a thong like you) cannot be replaced and that is all that matters

Devaclis
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hell, even Sweetie Pie wrecked riding with Scott and Bash!! Her VERY first crash on her very first ride with them.

Something wicked this way comes.

gsxrscott
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hell I think I've crashed almost every bike I have owned, and a few borrowed ones too! (sorry zetathetatheta, bash and dallas) I just like to think of it as finding weak points, not sure yet if they are mine, the bikes or the roads, but something always seems to give way!:hump:

dallas
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hell I think I've crashed almost every bike I have owned, and a few borrowed ones too! (sorry zetathetatheta, bash and dallas) I just like to think of it as finding weak points, not sure yet if they are mine, the bikes or the roads, but something always seems to give way!:hump:
Didn't you get a few shots of the action yesterday?

gsxrscott
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but I'm at work (lol) and I didn't bring my usb cable, but I'll try to get them up when I get home.

konichd
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Glad your OK Dallas!

d3spair
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 11:25 AM
This makes my Dallas last night video even funnier.. I'm an evil person :( My bad bro, I had no idea you wrecked!! That's fucking nuts that you high sided into some rocks and are generally alright. Fix it up and in the mean time if you ever want to borrow the GSXR 600 you can <3

y_merkle
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Damn it Dallas! Now you are damaged goods! What man is gonna want you now? HA HA.
Seriously though, glad you were able to walk away in one piece. Fix up that purdy bike of yours and your purdy knees cause you are gonna need them.

Bashed
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Dammit, I am sick and tired of peeps blaming me for thier own fuckups.
Why, oh why, cannot people man up.

Here is Dallas and his new bike just before the incident.
It really is hard not to laugh.......
And for all of you whom assumed it was his R1,

Suckas, you have just been dirty southed!

Devaclis
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 01:57 PM
You guys are the Mexicans of Colorado! Damned Dirty Soufee's!

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
That's it. We're installing a fence just north of monument.

mtnairlover
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
All I gotta say is...YOU GUYS SUCK BIG WIENIES!!!

Next time you ask for sympathy, I'll hold my tongue and offer some sandpaper to go along with your scrapes and scratches.

:lol:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Remember, from now on if you're lookin' for sympathy it's somewhere between 'Shit' and 'Syphilis' in the dictionary. I want to see Dallas lick that tank in February. :D

gsxrscott
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Well better late than never. Here are some more pics.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
More "After" pics plz, the hurtier the better!

GSXRJOHNNY
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hahahahaha!!!! Good one guys!!! I was on to ya all along! I know that Dallas didn't wreck the R1. Bash would never lead anyone into danger and Scott, well Scott is even more cautious!!! I always feel so safe with these guys.....I just knew it was some kind of joke.... By the way, I'm able to ride again...:)

y_merkle
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Man!!! Then you deserve a bummed knee! They don't call it dirt ridin until you've eaten some.

Mental
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
.... Bash would never lead anyone into danger and Scott, well Scott is even more cautious!!!....

I call bull. The last get off I saw on a group ride was Bash's fault, and he admitted it. Hell, he bragged about it. They are a shifty pair, and I am pretty sure its a conspiracy. My Suzuki is covered in rash almost all of it Scotts or Bash's fault. Those two are nothing but trouble, and leave a path of destruction in their wake. I have personally seen Bash have to leave the US because of his riding "style." That rotten SOB burned me through a set of my Dunlops just for a 4 pack of Red Bull. All the while he was talking about "DOT legal" and other kinds of BS, along with some crap about how I "needed" them for a week long ride. They are a bad influence. He rides so bad, I watched him try and give away a helmet to a new rider, AT A BIKE NIGHT!! Thats just an acknowledgement of his menacity to the public at large. Thats why he insist people have gear, tire tread, working lights, BECAUSE HE KNOWS!!! He can't be trusted, neither of them can, and I think that kind of irresponsible behavior and reckless disregard for those around him is gonna catch up to him.

Thats right Mr Bash, Mr Scott. Its Kharma time, and I absolutely certain the next time you need any help with anything, you will see the results of what you have done. The support and showing for anything you do will reflect the exact attitude that you both continuosly display to SoCo, this board and the others around you. Everyone here knows what kind of person you are and I can't wait for the next oppurtunity for you to see it.

BTW Dallas, why I am sorry you had a get off, the damage to that bike had to improve its looks. Holy crap that is gay. Like 1989 Honda CBR 600 gay.
http://motoprofi.com/imgs/a/a/a/l/a/honda_cbr_600_f_1990_10_lgw.jpg

Tipys
Fri Jun 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Guess it's 'broken in' now. Fix it up and ride it like you stole it. :twisted:

Why does he want to ride it 5 miles under the limit and using blinkers.

"Ride it like its a rental'' A Mental Ward quote

gsxrscott
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 08:48 AM
BTW Dallas, why I am sorry you had a get off, the damage to that bike had to improve its looks. Holy crap that is gay. Like 1989 Honda CBR 600 gay.
http://motoprofi.com/imgs/a/a/a/l/a/honda_cbr_600_f_1990_10_lgw.jpg
I think you mean when bikes had big purple balls.:slappers:

d3spair
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Glad it wasn't the R1, maybe he'll still let me ride it :D

-PUCK-
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Glad you are alright dude. At least no ticket, right? I take mine out for the first time in a year and was slapped with a ticket out on 105 couple of weeks ago!!! Hope you heal quick bro. :up:

thatmofo
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think we need to form a Dirty-South biker down focus group.

Hi11Zone
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
haha

JohnEffinK
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I think we need to form a Dirty-South biker down focus group.

Good one. What is the tally? Me, you, Dallas, Bashed.....

John

jimwallace
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Glad it wasn't the R1, maybe he'll still let me ride it :D
i think if he had wrecked it you would then have a better chance of riding it.

as for you mr dallas......what happened when the boy cried wolf......

Tipys
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Good one. What is the tally? Me, you, Dallas, Bashed.....

John

^^Plus Me, Jim "1st session'' Wallace, Mental ''5mph'' Ward, And I am sure many more could be added to that list

Horsman
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:33 PM
OMG - this Thread is still alive????

Tipys
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Yes it is. Are you still here?

Drift
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I think we need to bring back out the "Order of the Purple Sproket"

Horsman
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Yes it is. Are you still here?
I am like a Sticky Booger, I can't quit you... LOL

Tipys
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Really someone can't quite me thats new! Wanna be "Special Friends"?

Horsman
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Really someone can't quite me thats new! Wanna be "Special Friends"?
No, No need for special friends is necessary or even friends with Benefits. I kinda like my benefits like this....
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/1stgearcyclesdave/1033819723_l.jpg

I can kinda forgive her even if she rides a Gixxer... lol...

Tipys
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
:banghead::cry::shocked::hump::hump: