PDA

View Full Version : Ride To Work Day, June 15

FZRguy
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 09:35 PM
You know you want to...

http://www.ridetowork.org/ (http://www.ridetowork.org/)

Yodannyc
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Woot! thats the same day that i pick up my new bike!

Tipys
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Want to no... I am riding to work

FZRguy
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Woot! thats the same day that i pick up my new bike!

Did you sell your XR?

Yodannyc
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Yes i did

longrider
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
For the first time in many years I will not be taking part in Ride to Work day :( mainly because I dont work that day :) However I will be riding to work on the 16th, 17th, 18th...

Ricky
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Bummer! I have far too much to do tomorrow that requires the car... Unfortunately, I'm unable to take the dog to the vet on the bike :p

Yodannyc
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Isnt it suppose to storm again tomorrow?

FZRguy
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Monday: Partly cloudy and warmer with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s and lower 80s with lows in the mid 50s.

Ceez
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I rode in last night so I will be leaving work at 7am on the 15th...does that count?

rforsythe
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Unfortunately the forecast today includes the possibility of more severe weather, so I think the bike is staying in the garage. Looks like the rest of the week is nice tho!

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I asked our HR whore why they do not include MC's for this at our company. She said we "don't count" I asked her if that was HR's official stance on the ride to work day and she said yes.

I sent an email off to corp. HR this morning. Bitches. I ride to work every day. The only reason I complained is that you need to "ride to work" on a bicycle to participate in the catered lunch today. Just because Sarah the Soccer Mom or Billy Bob the pasty engineering nerd rode their Montgomery Ward 3 speed beach cruiser to work today they get to have a kick ass Hawaiian lunch.

I am going to burn the place down.

dm_gsxr
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I rode to work. All 4.6 miles :) It's funny that I've been riding the bicycle to work most days and today I rode the motorcycle because it's cheaper than driving a car I don't have :D

Solidarity mainly.

Bicycle ride to work day is the 24th though. I'm signed up for that through the company.

Carl

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Monday: Colorado Weather (plan accordingly)
fixed.

I am going to burn the place down.
Thanks, Milton. Did they take your stapler too? :D

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 07:48 AM
NO ONE touches my stapler.

rforsythe
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
NO ONE touches my stapler.

Now your wiener on the other hand...

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, that gets man handled.

On another note, we have a lot of bike riders here at work. Some of the ATGATT bike riders. You know, the ones who wear the streamlined biker shorts and race shirts and $400 cllip-ons for their office commute. I asked 2 of them if they get here early to shower and change into their work clothes and they told me I was crazy. They do it on company time. Gotta save the environment but screw having an ethical mindset about work. Gotta love this place.

dm_gsxr
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I don't bike far but I do come in early because I hit the gym once I get in. My boss is very task oriented and not time oriented. So if I'm late getting to my desk (30 minutes, not 2 hours :) ), they're not concerned and won't say anything.

Carl

sky_blue
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
We also have a bicycling/walking/carpool incentive plan that dosent include motorcycles. This is because motorcycles dont have the same emissions standards and may actually introduce more baddies into the air per mile than some cars. Fuel efficient? yes. Clean burning? not so much.

We also have "bicycle lockers" in the parking lot, a room in the building for bikes to be put inside...but not one single place striped for motorcycle parking. Granted, there are only 5-6 riders in the office (out of 150), and mine is the only one here on a regular basis.

I rode the CBR in today. And left if idling in the lot for a half hour for no reason.

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
We also have a bicycling/walking/carpool incentive plan that dosent include motorcycles. This is because motorcycles dont have the same emissions standards and may actually introduce more baddies into the air per mile than some cars. Fuel efficient? yes. Clean burning? not so much.

Unless it's a VFR... :)

Dirk

FZRguy
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I recently pushed thru some designated motorcycle parking at the 1stBank HQ. We got five spots striped with a sign and some cones for easy access on a concrete pad. :up:

JohnEffinK
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Rode one of the motorcycles to work today. It looks like I will probably be rewarded with a west side COS torrential downpour for my ride home.

John

TFOGGuys
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Pretty much every day is "Ride my motorcycle to work day"...29 miles one way.... I hope to be hard core enough to bicycle to work at least a couple of times this summer....if we ever actually HAVE a summer...
http://www.ruysfamily.com/images/weather/funnel1.jpg

FZRguy
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Summer Begins, June 21...time for hot and dry!

Bueller
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think I saw all of 2 bikes today :(

Gchi
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM
i rode to work for the first time, saw no other bikes until i got to my work's parking lots.....and there was 4

Sean
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I asked our HR whore why they do not include MC's for this at our company. She said we "don't count" I asked her if that was HR's official stance on the ride to work day and she said yes.They don't recognize it at my work either. I ride to work everyday (unless there is snow or below 30).

To bad they don't include the 20 miles I did this am on the bicycle. :banghead:

Yodannyc
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Im at work now and i rode to work on my new bike that i bought today!

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Bicycle ride to work day is the 24th though.
Carl

Werd! http://www.drcog.org/btwd2009/

You know, the ones who wear the streamlined biker shorts..

What? Bike short-tans aren't sexay?!?!:eyebrows: Well, it IS nicer than the farmer tan I'm acquiring from my jersey :(

I recently pushed thru some designated motorcycle parking at the 1stBank HQ. We got five spots striped with a sign and some cones for easy access on a concrete pad. :up:

Kick Ass John!