PDA

View Full Version : Crash on I-25 Today

FZRguy
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Brand new from the dealership...looks like a Ducati.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/Motorcycle.Accident.interstate.2.1043710.html

rybo
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Not just a Ducati, but the brand new Ducati Streetfighter.

Someones dreams were smashed today.

Wishing the rider well.

FZRguy
Sat Jun 13th, 2009, 11:58 PM
The news was saying that he had just picked it up. I saw the backup north bound as I rode over Downing St, so I'm guessing from Fay Myers. Reported he was not wearing a helmet but did not have life threatening injures.

highpsi03
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Wow he can afford a ducati but can't afford a helmet?

Drift
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I was caught up in that mess yesterday...just a poor little southern boy forced to navigate the mean streets of D-town 'cause the interstate was shut down...:(

Bueller
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:42 AM
wow, shut down I-25 for hours? what the hell is there to investigate when a happy tagger dumps his brand new bike?

Matty
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
yep... i was talking to one of the Sales guys over at Fay Myers. He said the guy bought the bike from them about 30 min before the crash.

Motodrew
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
oh shit. That sucks.

gtn
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I'm really glad his injuries weren't life threatening.

What a bite to wad-up a brand new bike 30 minutes after purchase.

And I have to agree with the sentiment that if you can afford Ducati, you can afford a helmet. Probably a really nice helmet. :dunno:

TheStig
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hope he had gap insurance...dang! Also hope he is ok.

longrider
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
That sucks!! I'm surprised I didn't hear about it yesterday. I hope he's OK. I have to say (jokingly of course) that I appreciate a customer who buys a bike on Saturday and comes back to patronize the service department on Tuesday...

Tipys
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Damn should have called me I would have road it home for the guy

Bashed
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Damn should have called me I would have road it home for the guy

You cant even ride your own shit without crashing,
why would you think you can ride someones elses stuff.
Thats just insult to injury.

Sully
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM

Just because he wasn't wearing a helmet, doesn't mean he "can't afford" one. Not everyone wants to always wear a helmet..:shocked: I hope the rider is ok.:)

sugarrey
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM

Daaammmnnnn...tough love

Tipys
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM

I wouldn't be riding it throw turn 3 so I should be good.

Also I would have had atleast be wearing a helmet if I did crash it.

rforsythe
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Money doesn't make you smart.

Slo
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Helmet, no helmet, doesn't matter, hope he makes it and heals up.

sag
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
so he crashed it all by himself? and it took two hours for them to figure out what sort of ticket he will be waking up to on his lap in the hospital?

#1Townie
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
if they investigated for that long then they may have had reports of another vehical being involved.. plus side im sure the bike will be ok it was up right on the bed if it was realy trashed it would be on its side on the flat bed.. no tow driver takes the time to load a bike like that if its a waste.. just drag it up the bed and strap it on its side.. its also fun to watch the things slide off your bed..

Think
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
if they investigated for that long then they may have had reports of another vehical being involved.. plus side im sure the bike will be ok it was up right on the bed if it was realy trashed it would be on its side on the flat bed.. no tow driver takes the time to load a bike like that if its a waste.. just drag it up the bed and strap it on its side.. its also fun to watch the things slide off your bed..
You know from experience?

FZRguy
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 12:42 AM
The news report said he lost it on the newly grooved pavement somehow.

#1Townie
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 01:41 AM
You know from experience?

yeah i used to work for randys in the springs.. randys has the city contract so any cars that are going to go to the police impound they handle it.. i have towed many bikes that have been down.. got to see alot of very bloody scenes..

derekm
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:32 AM
good find

Zach929rr
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
The news report said he lost it on the newly grooved pavement somehow.

I heard a similar story from a friend. Was going "a littler faster" than speed limit when he hit the milling and started fishtailing... saved it though.

kawasakirob
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
poor streetfighter

SamuraiX
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
What do the terms Jumbo Shrimp, Army Intelligence and Ducati Streetfighter all have in common? :)

Zach929rr
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
What do the terms Jumbo Shrimp, Army Intelligence and Ducati Streetfighter all have in common? :)

Government propaganda?

Slo
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I heard a similar story from a friend. Was going "a littler faster" than speed limit when he hit the milling and started fishtailing... saved it though.

Couple years back they had something like that going on on N Boulder, you had to go well under the limit and even then, was sketchy...

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
He probably killed the oil pan or tank & sent fluid across all four lanes creating a hazardous situation. That's the only reason I can imagine shutting down I-25 for two hours for a single vehicle bike accident where the rider had not serious injuries!