PDA

View Full Version : the ninja is back

denver_whitest185
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM
well, after spending another ~$175 bucks on the bike (which wasn't too bad, all things considered), i now have a new engine in the bike, and it runs. it took a week longer than i had anticipated due to work. it didn't help that i lost my keys, and the first lock smith i took it with the key code cut me a shitty key that worked in every lock except for the ignition. i still need to do some work on her (valve adjustment on the new engine and a carb sync), but just the fact that she started and ran perfectly the first time i tried makes me very happy.

Now the question is, do i sell it once its back in tip-top shape and buy a KLR650, or do i stick with the 250 and just wait to buy a dual sport that's a little nicer in a few years when i have the money (like a vstrom 650). i really think a dual sport would be a much closer match to what i really want in a motorcycle, so thats why im considering it.

Think
Sun Jun 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I heard the KLR is actually a pretty nice bike. And you can supermoto dat bitch.

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C02%5C18%5Cbikepics-1188464-800.jpg

BigE
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Good to hear ya got the Ninja back up and running Ted, sorry I couldn't get time to help out.

And Think, yeah, you can SuMo a KLR but that's not one in your pic. Sweet KLX650 SuMo though. :up:

denver_whitest185
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 06:58 AM
yeah, i was thinking sumo tires for streets and daily riding, and then a knobbier touring set of tires for long distance stuff where i'd be riding on dirt. i'd probably give it the same overhaul ive done to the ninja if i get one, im just indecisive if i should get rid of the ninja.

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
have both...student loans FTW