PDA

View Full Version : LOL I got SOAKED at lunch today

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I headed over to the Compass Bank on DTC then over to illegal Pete's for a couple steak kissy deal'as. I got sprinkled on a little on my way to both places. I was leaving and as I was putting my food in the tail bag it started to rain pretty good. I have on a waterproof riding jacket but only have on jeans and work shoes. I was getting wet.

I hopped on the bike and booked it out of there. I only work a couple of blocks away. It was raining harder and now the tops of my legs were wet and my shoes were betting pretty soaked. I finally made it to the parking garage.

I dismounted, pulled off the gear, grabbed my chow and headed accross the parking lot to the office. Just as I walked up onto the curb from the parking lot a truck drove by hitting a puddle near the curb and sprayed water all over me. I immediatly checked my food. It was dry. Then I started laughing and walking inside. That rain water was COLD!! It actually felt kind of good and I really thought I was going to be pissed. It made me laugh for about 5 minutes. I have not been soaked in suprise like that for a long time. Kinda shocking and kinda made me feel like a kid. :)

bulldog
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I am glad you enjoyed your soaking Dana :piss:

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Sitting in a 60 degree room in wet clothes for the next 3 hours FTL :(

TFOGGuys
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe run some server stress tests and turn off the AC until you dry out? :dunno:

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
haha I would have alarms emailing me, my boss, and security every 2 minutes until the systems were up, stable, and within temp/voltage norms.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:25 PM
See, if you'd have ridden your bicycle to work today you would've had a kick ass Hawaiian lunch and not had to go pick up food & get soaked! :D

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
But then I would have had to ride a bicycle. I may look gay but that is as gay as a dick flavored lollipop

Sean
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
mmmmm....Illegal Pete's :up:

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I just ate 2 steak kissydeal'as and an order of chip and cheese. I am STUFFED!

I need a big ass beer.

Matty
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
next time you go somewhere for lunch hit me up.

sugarrey
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Got a little dicey out there today......Glad you's just got a little wet.

fullgrownbear
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I just took a piss in that same puddle before the truck splashed you.

SORRY DUDE.

LOL. I'm glad you didn't get angry and go punching his window out, like some I know

Devaclis
Mon Jun 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
eh, it was a true accident and really, what could i do? I just laughed :)