PDA

View Full Version : Engine Case Guards?

Buddau
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:21 PM
I am going to race in the MRA this year on my '03 CBR600RR.
I have read the latest MRA rules for 2005. In section 6.2.6.K, It says All models with VULNERABLE wet cases need case guards.
Both sides are "wet" cases on a RR. But my frame sliders are very close to the cases. It would seem very dificult for the cases to be damaged in a crash. I do not want to make a mess on the track, nor do I want to spend money on things I do not need. I'll get case guards if I need them. I have seen pictures of other race RR's in other race clubs with out case guards.
But I am new to this, so I ask you pros.
Does a HondaCBR600RR need case guards in the MRA?

Lel
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:40 PM
Specifically on your bike I could not say. But put it this way, do you want 100 angry racers saying it was you that put oil through the turn?

I have seen 2 bikes go down and wear through a case cover, the are super thin. I would recommend putting one on.

lel

Lurch
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM
Yes you need case covers. Framesliders break off pretty often. Just price whats behind those case and case covers are a cheap investment.

Lurch

Anonymous
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:53 PM
You need left side at a minimum, right side is strongly recommended. You do NOT want to dump 3 quarts of oil down two hundred feet of track - believe me, if you do and can still walk afterwards, you will be out there stomping oil dry into the track along with a bunch of pissed off cornerworkers.

I suggest you contact Bart McKiernan at TK Motorsports, he's the VP of Rules and Tech. Give him a ring at 720-904-9040 and ask him about your particular bike, since if you don't have what he says you need, you won't pass tech.

Buddau
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 08:58 PM
I don't want to piss any one off!
I'll get some case gaurds ASAP!
Thanks for the replys.

Lurch
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM
You should check ebay and the wera.com. All sorts of used stuff on the wera board.

Lurch

Lel
Mon Feb 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM
haha ralph and lurch hit it on the head. Call Bart up, he knows what hes talking about, and then check ebay or just ask Bart, they can order it for you as well.

lel

brian38
Tue Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
We can get some really nice covers from woodcraft

Woodcraft (http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12694)

Call me and we can get them for you easily.

Brian
720-904-9040